Project Cars 2 announced!

ZeroXOF

Hello everyone, it seems that Project Cars 1 was such a success with 1 million copies sold to date that Project Cars 2 is being announced. 

"Project Cars 2 has been announced and it already has a crowdfunding campaign set up on its WMD Portal platform.

Developer Slightly Mad Studios noted that it will still be supporting the first Project Cars - which only launched last month - with numerous "on demand" updates scheduled throughout the year.

This sequel is slated for release on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Steam OS. It will add all new features like "loose surface" racing with dirt, gravel, mud, and snow courses. There will also be eight different disciplines that now include Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge."

2740700-projectcars_1920u_20141121.jpg

Read more at Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-22-project-cars-2-announced-launches-crowdfunding-campaign

Edited by ZeroXOF

Wow this is quick!

What happen to the Wii U port of the first game that slightly mad studio promised?

last time I checked it said they're having difficulties with the Wii U.

I guess they are lucky that they haven't funded Project Cars through Kickstarter and promised a Wii U version, or people could claim their money back. That Wii U version will never come.

I guess they are lucky that they haven't funded Project Cars through Kickstarter and promised a Wii U version, or people could claim their money back. That Wii U version will never come.

I doubt it, since the day they announced to cancel the ps3 & 360 version's I felt the Wii U's to be follow, even though they were actually was working on it at the time.

Disgusting that they're trying to crowd fund for a sequel for a game that sold well

Kickstarter was never made for companies to continue churning out crap with no drawbacks

It was made for stuff like this; 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/moonlitpictures/the-route-potentially-starring-addison-timlin

SMS didn't use Kickstarter for Project CARS and they aren't using Kickstarter for Project CARS 2 either. 

This isn't unexpected and honestly I'm quite happy we're going to see another game in the series. If I'm not mistaken, Project CARS had been in development since 2011 so just because they're announcing another game this soon doesn't mean it is going to be out within a year or two. 

Parker

• Like 1

I've not played the first, and I probably won't play the second, but I'm actually quite glad they announced their intention of a sequel this early. Here's why

1. It bucks the trend of sequel baiting and just comes right out with it, I appreciate their candor.

2. It means they've got enough ideas of where to take the series after the first one already, which means it could be a major improvement.

3. I fucking despise DLC and hopefully this will mean they will focus more on the sequel than nickel and dime'ing consumers.

4. It means the first one did well enough to warrant a sequel, which makes me, the person who's not yet bought number 1, think that number 1 could be worth my time.

5. For those who really enjoyed the game and were worried it wouldn't get a sequel, they have some early reassurance.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

SMS didn't use Kickstarter for Project CARS and they aren't using Kickstarter for Project CARS 2 either. 

This isn't unexpected and honestly I'm quite happy we're going to see another game in the series. If I'm not mistaken, Project CARS had been in development since 2011 so just because they're announcing another game this soon doesn't mean it is going to be out within a year or two. 

Parker

Read news sites, they may not be kickstarting especially, but they are crowd-funding for the sequel

Read news sites, they may not be kickstarting especially, but they are crowd-funding for the sequel

I'm fully aware of what SMS is doing with WMD Portal. The fact of the matter is it is completely different from a Kickstarter. Yes, they are crowdfunding but with WMD you get to be apart of the development of the game whereas with Kickstarter you just give them your money. If you send SMS some money you'll have access to regular builds of the game where you can test features, fund bugs and whatnot. You also have a say in the development of the game, if enough users vote that they want certain content (say for example, Rally) then the developers will get on that. 

So yes, they are crowdfunding but it is completely different than Kickstarter and it is the reason Project CARS is different than many other racing games. 

Parker