Please wait while game data is installed

DONdx

Anyone familiar with that message? I've got the disc based version. Console installed game pretty fast after inserting the disc. I also waited until the preorder content and patch finished to download and install. After starting the game I could not start a new game because the game started to install some files INGAME. Took about an hour. Finally I could start playing for like 15 minutes, then while trying to enter a story related building (no spoilers) I had to wait again. Same message (see topic) was shown in the middle of the screen. Had to wait about 10 minutes and could finally go on. Now I tried to do an optional quest (the Riddler one). When arriving at the location I was supposed to, I got the same message again. Been sitting in my batmobile in front of the door for 30 minutes now and nothing happens.

Anyone having this issue as well? I don't know, if the game will finish installing when I am not in the game, so I don't really want to leave the PS4 alone and try again in an hour or two...

Just wondering, if I'm the only one with this problem.. :/

Restart PS4.

That would be my 8th restart, did not help up until now :(

At least I can see a progress bar when trying to start AR challenges from the main menu. Only problem: estamited time remaining: 11min 30sec with a second less every 20-30 seconds :/

I would uninstall and then reinstall if I were you, could be an error with the install.

This will be my "last resort" and I will try that over night if installation won't be finished this evening (it's 7pm in Germany right now). Still time to hope for a miracle ;)

I'll try if the game will install (faster) if the game is closed. Maybe it'll all be installed when I come back in half an hour. Until then I'll look if someone is having this issue as well.

jeah uninstall and install new , and look if you have enough space on HDD . Take disk out , uninstall , restart consol, put disk in , and wait . the progress bar is not always correct , so just wait 30 min or an hour. i dont know how big that game is but it is mostly near the digital space.

jeah uninstall and install new , and look if you have enough space on HDD . Take disk out , uninstall , restart consol, put disk in , and wait . the progress bar is not always correct , so just wait 30 min or an hour. i dont know how big that game is but it is mostly near the digital space.

753.7GB free space. But I think you are right about the bar. The bluray drive is loud as hell, so either it is still installing the game or my disc is broken. No visible damage though.

Guess I will have to reinstall the game if it doesn't show me some progress within the next few minutes.

Thanks for all your answers so far, guys!

753.7GB free space. But I think you are right about the bar. The bluray drive is loud as hell, so either it is still installing the game or my disc is broken. No visible damage though.

Guess I will have to reinstall the game if it doesn't show me some progress within the next few minutes.

Thanks for all your answers so far, guys!

Someone explained me that you can see in numbers how much it still have to install . (even if the bar is already full) .  but i cant remember sry .

greetings from austria :)

Someone explained me that you can see in numbers how much it still have to install . (even if the bar is already full) .  but i cant remember sry .

greetings from austria :)

You can see it when you press options while marking the game icon and selecting information. But either that just works for downloading games (I could see the progress while downloading Destiny and Last of us) or Batman really is already installed..

Restart PS4.

It seems to have helped a lot of others to restart their PS4 so I guess you were right Sly. I'll try some more times and hope for the best. Got the game 11am, maybe i can start playing more than the tutorials before 11pm.

Weird to face such problems with a disc based game though!

I see you have put your own HDD in going by the amount of free space, if the restarts don't work and reinstallation does nothing, then the problem might be with the hard drive.. had some issues like that with my PS3!

That might be possible, but I changed the HDD day 1 and never had problems like that since November 2013. Did your PS3 problems occur after a while or did you have them immediately?

I let the game install while the patch downloaded, leave the PS4 on the main menu until the disk stops spinning.

That's what I'm gonna do. Just checked, at least this way the installation progressed 8% within 30 minutes. I'll just watch some south park episodes or something and wait.

Thanks for the help everyone, if something like this happens again I'll consider exchanging the HDD..

Once I allowed the game to install, with dlc and update also, I left it at the game menu whilst it also installed the game data. Then began story mode with no problems, no restarts either. I did have to clear a fair amount of space on my HDD. All in all took under an hour. Safe to say that playing games whilst pre loading isn't a sure fire feature on PS4 eh? Awesome game, enjoy when u get it going.

I waited until everything was fully updated and installed before starting up the game myself. That being said, the update installed painfully slow in comparison to the speed at which the rest of the content downloaded for some reason. I haven't had any issues in game at all.

They stepped things up this time...

That might be possible, but I changed the HDD day 1 and never had problems like that since November 2013. Did your PS3 problems occur after a while or did you have them immediately?

Pretty much straight away, but it was after a certain amount of space was taken up on the HDD both times. If nothing works then you're probably best off replacing it

Yeah, I had the same issue, and can confirm that if you restart your PS4 BUT DON'T RESTART THE GAME it will finish installing on its own. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes or so, depending on how far your progress was before then.