Gran Turismo 5 Install Issues

Remilia Scarlet

I'm having a lot of issues trying to install the game data on this title. It gets to about 15% and just stops. The PS3 isn't frozen as I am still able to access the XrossMediaBar, but the game doesn't respond when I tap O to cancel it. I have let my PS3 sit there for hours and it doesn't move at all. Help!

Load the game and skip install. On the main menu go to settings then go to utilities and delete installed files. Then select to install the game. The game should install now.. I had the same problem as everyone was stating and this fixed it.

source

i guess you already googled a lot for a solution. but just maybe try this if you haven't already.

a lot of people also say that the disc is the problem, personally i think the disc has to be in a really bad condition to not be read by the ps3..

source

i guess you already googled a lot for a solution. but just maybe try this if you haven't already.

a lot of people also say that the disc is the problem, personally i think the disc has to be in a really bad condition to not be read by the ps3..

The disc is being read by my PS3 as I can play the game, but the load times are horrific. I'll try this solution, and if it doesn't work, well, I'm getting rid of GT5. Never in my life has one game given me such a hard time just trying to play it. It's beginning to seem like it's just not worth the trouble it's giving me.

i pretty sure you have check this already, but maybe you dont have enough hdd space.

I have nearly 100GB of free space. The patches and install together only require about 12GB.

Edited by AnimeDreama