Brutality 101

Sanetsuken

I did [brutality 101] 5 days ago, it's not glitched for me. Are you sure the combo didn't drop of between attacks and that you aren't using duplicates?

The way I did it was a modified version of Powerpyx' guide.

• Start by walking into a corner and do environmental takedown :cross: + :square:
  • Go into Batclaw Slam (grapple a guy with :l2:  + :triangle:  and then punch them down with :square:)
  • Use electrical charge ( :l2::circle: )
  • Counter ( :triangle:) or punch if no counter available ( :square:)
  • Jump over someone ( :cross: :cross: )
  • Explosive Gel ( :l2::square:)
  • Punch( :square:) or counter if available ( :triangle:)
  • Special Combo Takedown ( :circle: + :triangle:)

Practise that bit first. If you got that down add:

•  
  • Baterang ( :l2:)
  • Cape stun ( :circle: :circle: :circle:)
  • Pick up enemy ( :r2: + :circle: )
  • Beat down (Stun with :circle: then mash :square:)
  • Special Combo Baterang (hold :l2: )
  • Freeze ( :r2: :r2:)
  • Dual takedown ( :l1:)

Make sure you keep going after this just in case something didn't register. Things you can add:

• Ground takedown ( :r2: + :triangle: ) if available and safe
  • Aerial attack if you got a shield enemy ( :circle::cross: :cross:)
  • Cape Stun ( :circle:)
  • Special Combo gadgets (Hold :l2::circle: / Hold  :l2::square: / and others)

Make sure you use punches :square:, counters :triangle:  and dodges :cross:  / :cross: :cross:  to keep the combo as needed.

Thank you I got the trophy and I used your first step at every try took me a good 30-40 minutes with your method but I got it

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I might as well as leave how I got the trophy here. It's sort of ridiculous in a way but it may help some of you out. If you haven't beaten the game mind you spoilers below.

I got the trophy my New Game+ playthrough. For those of you who have beaten the game, you would know that you must lock up a certain someone in a cell at the end of the game. In this area he is not capable of dying and you can just keep beating the living crap out of him. 
One last thing. Please read the whole thing before attempting. Hope this helps!

I split the 15 moves into three segments:
This is basically a step by step guide of how I got the trophy.
NOTE :Starting from Segment 2 or until stated, after doing EVERY move you must pick up the enemy with R2 + O then do your move. Otherwise your next attack will miss and end your combo.

Other MORE IMPORTANT NOTE: The only way you can defeat the enemy is by using the Environmental Takedown. Do not use this on him even by ACCIDENT.

Segment 1:

•  
  • Counter - Triangle18x18.png
  • Redirect - LS18x18.png + Cross18x18.png Cross18x18.png 
  • Strike - square18x18.png
  • Beat Down - circle18x18.png square18x18.png square18x18.png square18x18.png
  • Ground Takedown - R2.png + square18x18.png  (Only when enemy is downed) I believe on some versions of the game it is R2 + Square but for me it is triangle

Segement 2:

•  
  • Batclaw Slam - L2.png + Triangle18x18.png square18x18.png
  • R2.png + circle18x18.png (Do this to pick up Joker  or your next attack will miss)
  • Quick Batarang - L2.png
  • R2.png + circle18x18.png (Do this to pick up Joker or your next attack will miss)
  • Quick Explosive Gel - L2.png + square18x18.png
  • R2.png + circle18x18.png (Do this to pick up Joker or your next attack will miss)
  • Quick Freeze Bomb - R2.png + R2.png
  • Quick Electrical Charge - L2.png + circle18x18.png

Segment 3:

NOTE: In Segment 3 all the moves that you do are the "Special" moves. Eg: Special Batarang, Special Explosive Gel etc. To actually be able to trigger these you need to have your COMBO METER FULL or else they will not work. Do take note that you do need upgrades to be able to use these moves as well. Follow the last steps carefully.

Once you hit Joker with Quick Electric charge, he will most likely be taken down to the ground. Keep punching him until your combo meter fills up. Once it fills up pick him up and do the next move. Once again he will be on the floor. Beat him up, once your combo meter is full pick him up and do the next move.

• Strike - square18x18.png (Use Strike until combo meter fills.)
  • R2.png + circle18x18.png (Do this to pick up Joker)
  • Special Combo Batarang - Hold L2.png (Requires full Combo Meter)
  • Special Combo Explosive Gel - Hold L2.png + square18x18.png (Requires full Combo Meter)
  • Special Combo Electrical Charge - Hold L2.png + circle18x18.png (Requires Full Combo Meter)
  • Special Combo Batclaw - Hold L2.png + Triangle18x18.png (Requires Full Combo Meter)
  • Special Combo Takedown - circle18x18.png + Triangle18x18.png (Requires Full Combo Meter)

And there you go. you should get the trophy. To sum up all the moves that were used:

•  
  • Ground Takedown - R2.png + square18x18.png (I believe some versions of the game have this as R2 + Triangle)
  • Special Combo Explosive Gel - Hold L2.png + square18x18.png (Requires full Combo Meter)
  • Special Combo Electrical Charge - Hold L2.png + circle18x18.png (Requires Full Combo Meter)
  • Special Combo Batclaw - Hold L2.png + Triangle18x18.png (Requires Full Combo Meter)
  • Special Combo Takedown - circle18x18.png + Triangle18x18.png (Requires Full Combo Meter)

Technically a 16th move was used as well:

• Combat Pick Up - R2.png + circle18x18.png

And that was how I got Brutality 101. Good Luck to you all! May you all earn a Platinum from Batman: Arkham Knight!  :lol:

Terrmis.png

Edited by Terrmis
  • Like 1

I got this with Azrael by accident in the first round on the DLC map "Hand of God". I started out with a Batclaw Slam ( :l2:+ :triangle:, then  :square:), then I Evaded/Redirected (LS18x18.png (towards an enemy) + :cross:  :cross:) threw a Quickfire Batarang ( :l2::l2:), Evaded again, used the Quickfire Electrical Charge ( :l2:+ :circle:) Evaded again, shot the Quickfire Batclaw ( :l2:+ :triangle:), as it counts separately from a Batclaw Slam, Evaded away from the thug I Batclawed to avoid attacks from other thugs, then finished off the gadgets with a shot of Quickfire Explosive Gel ( :l2:+ :square:).

I then performed a Cape Stun ( :circle:) on one thug and performed a Strike ( :square:) on another. At that point I had two thugs about to hit me so I performed a Double Counter ( :triangle:  :triangle:), Evaded (I evade a lot to give me time to think about what moves I have left to do), did a Special Combo Takedown ( :triangle:+ :circle:), then a Beatdown ( :circle::square: [Repeatedly]), Evaded, did an Aerial Attack ( :circle::cross:  :cross:) and at this point I had 2 thugs to go. I finished them off buy doing a Super Stun ( :circle:  :circle:  :circle:) on one, then performing an Aerial Juggle ( :circle:  :circle:  :circle::square:) on the other, which knocked him out. With the last thug on the floor, I Evaded over to him once (to make sure I was close enough) and then performed a Ground Takedown ( :r2: + :triangle:).

When doing combat maps, I personally always try to get a perfect freeflow and perfect knight bonus, whilst also doing all of the character's moves. It isn't easy but it is worth it when you pull it off seamlessly and get that highscore. This was the first map I played as Azrael and after a few tries I managed to do this. The trophy popped as soon as the last guy was knocked out and I wasn't expecting it as I wasn't even trying to get it. I was actually going for the Azrael DLC trophy :D So, if you're having trouble with Batman or want a specific map to try to get the trophy in then Hand of God (the first round) is a good place to try and get it. Hope this helps out anyone struggling :)

Edited by LeetWolf2
  • Like 1

Took forever trying to get this trophy, but thanks to the tip from Terrmis, I was finally able to get it and get my Platinum for Batman Arkham Knight  :lol:

I did the moves in a bit of a different order and I struggled with getting some of them so I swapped them out. Below is the finally list that I used:

1. Triangle18x18.png (Counter)

2. LS18x18.png + Cross18x18.png Cross18x18.png (Redirect)

3. square18x18.png (Strike)

4. circle18x18.pngCross18x18.png Cross18x18.png (Aerial Assault)

5. R2.png + circle18x18.png (Combat Pick Up)

6. circle18x18.png square18x18.png square18x18.png square18x18.png (Beatdown)

7. R2.png + Triangle18x18.png (Ground Slam)

R2.png + circle18x18.png

8. L2.png +Triangle18x18.png square18x18.png (Batclaw Slam)

R2.png + circle18x18.png

9. L2.png + Triangle18x18.png circle18x18.png (Batclaw Stun)

R2.png + circle18x18.png

10. L2.png + circle18x18.png (Electrical Charge Attack)

R2.png + circle18x18.png

11. L2.png + square18x18.png (Explosive Gel Attack)

R2.png + circle18x18.png

12. L2.png (Quick Batarang)

R2.png + circle18x18.png

13. circle18x18.pngTriangle18x18.png (Combo Takedown)

R2.png + circle18x18.png

14. circle18x18.pngcircle18x18.pngcircle18x18.png (Super Stun)

R2.png + circle18x18.png 

square18x18.png To fill your combo meter

15. Hold L2.png (Combo Batarang)

R2.png + circle18x18.png

Repeat strike square18x18.png and pick up R2.png + circle18x18.png  until trophy pops, if it doesn't try adding an extra move such as HOLD L2.png + square18x18.png (Combo Electrical Attack).

It took a few goes but I finally got it  B) 

• 1 month later...

I might as well as leave how I got the trophy here. It's sort of ridiculous in a way but it may help some of you out. If you haven't beaten the game mind you spoilers below.

I got the trophy my New Game+ playthrough. For those of you who have beaten the game, you would know that you must lock up a certain someone in a cell at the end of the game. In this area he is not capable of dying and you can just keep beating the living crap out of him. 

One last thing. Please read the whole thing before attempting. Hope this helps!

I split the 15 moves into three segments:

This is basically a step by step guide of how I got the trophy.

NOTE :Starting from Segment 2 or until stated, after doing EVERY move you must pick up the enemy with R2 + O then do your move. Otherwise your next attack will miss and end your combo.

Other MORE IMPORTANT NOTE: The only way you can defeat the enemy is by using the Environmental Takedown. Do not use this on him even by ACCIDENT.

Segment 1:

•  
  • Ground Takedown - R2.png + square18x18.png  (Only when enemy is downed) I believe on some versions of the game it is R2 + Square but for me it is triangle

Segement 2:

•  
  • R2.png + circle18x18.png (Do this to pick up Joker  or your next attack will miss)

Segment 3:

NOTE: In Segment 3 all the moves that you do are the "Special" moves. Eg: Special Batarang, Special Explosive Gel etc. To actually be able to trigger these you need to have your COMBO METER FULL or else they will not work. Do take note that you do need upgrades to be able to use these moves as well. Follow the last steps carefully.

Once you hit Joker with Quick Electric charge, he will most likely be taken down to the ground. Keep punching him until your combo meter fills up. Once it fills up pick him up and do the next move. Once again he will be on the floor. Beat him up, once your combo meter is full pick him up and do the next move.

• Special Combo Explosive Gel - Hold L2.png + square18x18.png (Requires full Combo Meter)

And there you go. you should get the trophy. To sum up all the moves that were used:

•  
  • Ground Takedown - R2.png + square18x18.png (I believe some versions of the game have this as R2 + Triangle)
  • Special Combo Explosive Gel - Hold L2.png + square18x18.png (Requires full Combo Meter)

Technically a 16th move was used as well:

• Combat Pick Up - R2.png + circle18x18.png

And that was how I got Brutality 101. Good Luck to you all! May you all earn a Platinum from Batman: Arkham Knight!  :lol:

Terrmis.png

Dude, you are THE MAN! It never hit me that I could just do this on him. I got it on my third try np except that I couldn't get the redirect to work so I just did an aerial attack LOL. Got Platinum today ^_^ now I'm gonna enjoy the last few DLC trophies and move on to the next game! 

• 3 months later...

Did this on Gotham Knights using Powerpyx' technique ( Thanks Powerpyx!^_^). Tip from PP, memorize your first 5 moves and use them in order consistently. And if you are like me and get screwed up in the corners where camera angles get wonky train yourself to redirect (x, x) back to the center to maximize field of view again.

• 1 year later...

Anyone struggling with this, I recommend for asking for help from git gud or use his move list -

I did not earn this trophy, as he help me to shareplay this, just a while ago. This is due to I am going for GRS surgery next week and didn't have time to grind it. got to 14 variant combo and due to limited time/surgery I ask for help. You can flame me for doing this and I have no problem admitting I ask for help in that way, but due to my circumstances and the high risk that comes with the surgery, this is why I am posting the video, as a thank you and to help anyone else that is struggling. I tried powerpyx and other combos and even had 5 different move list, but I got higher priority's, where my life is at risk from the surgery, especially if I get an infection and didn't want people to think I earned it legit and I only did it due to the circumstances, otherwise I would done it myself as I been gaming for 30 years, but some things in life take a higher priority over a trophy. I like to be honest.

18 minutes ago, ninjagirl657 said:

Anyone struggling with this, I recommend for asking for help from git gud or use his move list -

I did not earn this trophy, as he help me to shareplay this, just a while ago. This is due to I am going for GRS surgery next week and didn't have time to grind it. got to 14 variant combo and due to limited time/surgery I ask for help. You can flame me for doing this and I have no problem admitting I ask for help in that way, but due to my circumstances and the high risk that comes with the surgery, this is why I am posting the video, as a thank you and to help anyone else that is struggling. I tried powerpyx and other combos and even had 5 different move list, but I got higher priority's, where my life is at risk from the surgery, especially if I get an infection and didn't want people to think I earned it legit and I only did it due to the circumstances, otherwise I would done it myself as I been gaming for 30 years, but some things in life take a higher priority over a trophy. I like to be honest.

Cool story bro. 

Jk jk :p. There's no need to explain.. You do you, it's your profile.

Edited by PooPooBlast

Thanks for understanding, I just felt that I had to justify it, just because I didn't earn it myself. I feel a bit ashamed, as I have been a gamer since the C64 and I had to do a shareplay for an easy trophy. All the other 84 trophies I got over 3 weeks, I earned myself and usually by now I would of had it by pure skill/luck. But thanks to his help I don't have to worry about it as I can now focus on being productive on more important things and recover without the worry of grinding for hours.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Just caught this video after failing to do this by button mashing for days. Using the technique in the video, I got the trophy on my 2nd attempt. I think the key was starting out using Nightwing’s escrima gadget attacks. It’s also worth pointing out that he has two finishers (Square + Triangle, X + O) as well so along with the Team Takedown, he’s basically giving you a free two gadgets and three more easy moves. 

• 4 years later...
On 2016-02-03 at 0:24 PM, Terrmis said:

<snip>

And that was how I got Brutality 101. Good Luck to you all! May you all earn a Platinum from Batman: Arkham Knight!

Resurrecting this to add that after having the Platinum sitting on the shelf for the better part of 7 years I decided to try this because I just can't get this done using the AR simulations. I'm not good at remembering all the various combos and button combinations when I'm having to deal with enemies all over the place. I'm old, I suck, is what it is.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get this method to work. I spent about 3 hours attempting this and did all of the various moves without breaking the combo multiple times but Brutality 101 wouldn't unlock no matter what. Maybe the game got patched at some point so that you can't get this in your battle with you-know-who, or maybe I wasn't doing something right but to the best of my knowledge I did everything listed and it never worked. I even tried adding a couple of additional moves and no joy. Not blaming OP, just really disappointed that I wasn't able to get this done. Thanks for your post though, it definitely helped some people over the years.

• 6 months later...

This trophy. Is driving me nuts. Even with the 'easy strat' of using 7 gadgets then an 8 combo, I've just been at it for ages with no joy I always suck at combos. When you finish the AR challenge and the top left box says 7 and 7, does that mean i was one away from the trophy? Or does that not mean in a streak?

The guide video I watched had 8 + 7 and trophy popped.

7 + 7 is best I've got, I'm very close to giving up. Made my hands sore trying! Evil SOB trophy lol.

7 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

This trophy. Is driving me nuts. Even with the 'easy strat' of using 7 gadgets then an 8 combo, I've just been at it for ages with no joy I always suck at combos. When you finish the AR challenge and the top left box says 7 and 7, does that mean i was one away from the trophy? Or does that not mean in a streak?

7 + 7 is best I've got, I'm very close to giving up. Made my hands sore trying! Evil SOB trophy lol.

are u using the SQUARE TRIANGLE MOVE as well? it is not mentioned here i think, you need to buy on the skill tree and use it on a shield guy when your special bar is full, also when you switch to Nightwing it counts as one move as it is a double takedown. The challenge map is Gotham Knights, always start with the environment takedown and then the triangle counter

1 hour ago, esstee11 said:

You're one off.

Edited by Stevieboy

@bdias10 I'm sure i have yea, cuz I have written like 3 pages of notes lol with like 30 diff moves, listing different strings of combinations, seeing if any flow easier, but I obv just keep screwing it up.

@JohnFPSKing well that gives me hope then thanks. Hmm so if that is the streak counter and I was so dam close, then I guess I'll just try again tomorrow then!

Edited by esstee11

On 7/1/2015 at 11:49 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Man, fuck this.

Edit: About 5 minutes later I got it.

Further edit: Anyone still having trouble, best bet is build up 5 or so combos, which is decently easy, then pause it and figure out your next move over and over. By the time I was at 12 I was like "shit shit shit shit" each time I paused it, but eventually it popped. I could see this causing a lot of people to give up on the plat, going for the Riddles now seems like a walk in the park

lmao almost a decade later and I've still never gone back for those arsehole Riddler trophies. Pretty sure it's about all I had left, that and the associated ending or whatever.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

lmao almost a decade later and I've still never gone back for those arsehole Riddler trophies. Pretty sure it's about all I had left, that and the associated ending or whatever.

🤣 lmao yea, I'm on year 7 of every now and then trying to beat this game too 🤣

Guide writer was way off saying plat in 40 hours he should have put 40 years lol

-------------

Edit update: Also I tried again this morning and got it 2nd try yay! I took a screenshot but cant seem to easily upload photos on this site, so my end screen said:

(Streak) Variation ×7

Gadget Variation ×8

Brutality 101 trophy unlocked 🎉

But yea so anyone who still doesnt know, you dont need a ×15 streak, you just need a x7 or x8 streak. Just use 7/8 gadgets first, -*you can get hit during gadgets, no-hit streak starts after them*- then attempt your normal moves combo after and hope for the best. Just Google 'easy brutality 101' and several videos with this strat will come up 👍 including the one a few posts above.

Use Combat AR mission 'Gotham Knights' for 2 players making it easier adding extra available moves.

The gadgets are (make sure they hit someone):

*As Batman*:
1. L2 - Batarang.

2. L2 :triangle: , :square: - Batclaw slam.

3. L2 :triangle: - Batclaw.

4. L2 :square: - Explosive gel.

5. L2 :circle: - REC shock.

6. R2, R2 - Freeze Blast.

*Press L1 to switch to Nightwing*

7. L2 - Throw Escrima Sticks.

8. L2 :square: - Ground electric blast.

*Do those first, like i said thats a no-stress segment you can get hit during them, after youve done those now start your x7 or x8 combo after with whatever regular moves you want! Have fun! 🙂👍

Edited by esstee11

Long pressing and holding the below buttons once you get your combo meter full counts as a different move adding to the freeflow:

:l2: 

:l2:+:circle:

:l2:+:square:

:l2:+:triangle:

:r2:

I used the 6 gadgets streak with Batman and Nightwing combined (Without long pressing the above). Then I took a hit and I used stun, counter, strike, air strike, beat down, environment takedown, and long pressing :l2:+:circle: , :l2:+:square: and :l2:+:triangle: once I got combo meter full, before the trophy popped.

Good luck everyone who is trying to achieve this. Not my favorite trophy either lol

On 12/17/2023 at 9:31 PM, esstee11 said:

@bdias10 I'm sure i have yea, cuz I have written like 3 pages of notes lol with like 30 diff moves, listing different strings of combinations, seeing if any flow easier, but I obv just keep screwing it up.

@JohnFPSKing well that gives me hope then thanks. Hmm so if that is the streak counter and I was so dam close, then I guess I'll just try again tomorrow then!

I see you got it. Good shit. 

• Like 1