Demon's Souls (US) Servers not going down!

Kirbz

demonssouls0201.jpg

ATLUS said today it's extending the North American online servers for Demon's Souls. The game was

originally going offline

at the end of this month. No specific time table has been set, but ATLUS said the servers will be left on for the "foreseeable future."

"We're incredibly excited to be able to announce that the Demon's Souls online experience will persist for a while longer," stated Tim Pivnicny, Vice President of Marketing and Sales at ATLUS. "While it originally seemed as though it would be unfeasible for us to continue to sustain the servers, a number of developments have made it possible for us to continue to invest in and support our fans as they have continued to invest in and support us and Demon's Souls.

"For all the gamers who have yet to discover the game's amazing online experience, we're happy to say you can still log on and find out why Demon's Souls is still regarded by many as one of the finest games of all time."

ATLUS won't rule out the possibility of future extensions of the North American servers, provided user activity and interest remain constant, the publisher said.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/25/demon-39-s-souls-servers-staying-online.aspx

looks like this is the second time theyre doing this to us. :o

Isn't this like, the third time? Fourth time?

I'm still surprised. It seemed a sure thing this time around.

with only 5 days left :o sure as hell feels like a late april's fool joke.... that had us going for a long time.

with only 5 days left :o sure as hell feels like a late april's fool joke.... that had us going for a long time.

Will it be un-plat'able if the servers go down? I've been looking at this game along with Dark Souls as my first PS3 RPG. I don't want a game on my list if it isn't plat'able. So far, I've enjoyed my streak. Want to keep it that way.

Will it be un-plat'able if the servers go down? I've been looking at this game along with Dark Souls as my first PS3 RPG. I don't want a game on my list if it isn't plat'able. So far, I've enjoyed my streak. Want to keep it that way.

It's platable....it's just a lot easier to get the platinum if you have online for things like collecting stones and weapons....

And I'm so glad to hear this.... :D

its still going to be platable, but having online can really make the game easyer (or harder, if you play in human form).especially since you wont have to do 3 playthroughs collecting all weapons,s ince you can get them dropped. if you want a good PS3 RPG, though, i would recommend disgaea and white kinght chronicles. but the souls games are great too.

its still going to be platable, but having online can really make the game easyer (or harder, if you play in human form).especially since you wont have to do 3 playthroughs collecting all weapons,s ince you can get them dropped. if you want a good PS3 RPG, though, i would recommend disgaea and white kinght chronicles. but the souls games are great too.

Not familiar with White Knight. I know Disgea is a JRPG. Can't get into JRPGs. There's just something about them that errks me. It's gotta be medieval or something along those lines. Thanks for the suggestions though. I really want to get into Skyrim but I hear it's buggy as hell. I'm not sure if they fixed that or not yet. I hope so.

I think a big part of it was the panicked boosting blowing the servers up, lol. Every forum I've visited for the past month has had a super active Demon's Souls boosting thread because no one wants to have to actually farm the pure bladestone :P

I think a big part of it was the panicked boosting blowing the servers up, lol. Every forum I've visited for the past month has had a super active Demon's Souls boosting thread because no one wants to have to actually farm the pure bladestone :P

lol true story. i bought demons souls on the last month JUST so i wouldnt have to grind all the weapons and materials myself.

Hmm....so would any of you want to help a buddy with Demon's Soul trophies one day.... :P

if you want, im in. i can only drop you all the weapons and rings though, i just found out yesterday i dont have the weapons needed for the best of trophies. i can also help you with 1-1,1-2,1-3,2-1,3-1,4-1,5-1. im on NG+ and its too hard for me to proceed >__< im SL 131, and ill be more than glad to help you out :P let me know when you want to play it.

if you want, im in. i can only drop you all the weapons and rings though, i just found out yesterday i dont have the weapons needed for the best of trophies. i can also help you with 1-1,1-2,1-3,2-1,3-1,4-1,5-1. im on NG+ and its too hard for me to proceed >__< im SL 131, and ill be more than glad to help you out :P let me know when you want to play it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....though I have no idea what those numbers mean.... :lol:

Any help would be greatly appreciated....though I have no idea what those numbers mean.... :lol:

the game has 5 worlds, or areas, whatever you want to call them.

each world has 3 stages (exept for the first world, which has 4)

i can help with /-1 of each area.

/-2 of each area is usually the most challenging, but youll have to go through that yourself.

/-3 of each area is the easyest, no questions about that. its not even a dungeon, its only the boss fight. enter, fight boss, get silver trophy, leave.

3-3, for that play it offline. if you play online, you have to fight a human from another world as the boss, if you play offline you fight a very easy boss which takes around 10 hits to defeat

1-2,1-3 i can help you with. in order to actually unlock 1-3, though, you need to complete /-1,/-2,/-3 of any world.

hope that kinda helps lol

the game has 5 worlds, or areas, whatever you want to call them.

each world has 3 stages (exept for the first world, which has 4)

i can help with /-1 of each area.

/-2 of each area is usually the most challenging, but youll have to go through that yourself.

/-3 of each area is the easyest, no questions about that. its not even a dungeon, its only the boss fight. enter, fight boss, get silver trophy, leave.

3-3, for that play it offline. if you play online, you have to fight a human from another world as the boss, if you play offline you fight a very easy boss which takes around 10 hits to defeat

1-2,1-3 i can help you with. in order to actually unlock 1-3, though, you need to complete /-1,/-2,/-3 of any world.

hope that kinda helps lol

It does....I probably won't touch it just yet but I'll remember you once I do....probably within the next month....thanks.... :P

It does....I probably won't touch it just yet but I'll remember you once I do....probably within the next month....thanks.... :P

lol yeah no problem. its a very enjoyable game. at first i was realy confused about the level system and all, since i played dark souls first, but after some exploring it became very simple.

• 5 months later...

I recently plat this game. I can attest to what Kirbz said in his last post. I actually attempted (successfully, I might add) to plat the game solo. So, being the stubborn son-of-a-biscuit that I am, I didn't seek any help. I didn't even read up on world and character tendencies. I just went through the worlds, willy-nilly, hacking away at whatever got in front of me. However, about half way through my first play-through, it finally dawned on me what all was going on. I basically wasted a 1/2 play-through trying to get pure black character tendency while trying to keep the worlds white. I didn't know which way I was going.

To say the least, I highly recommend using the Demon's Souls wiki to help explain each world's tendency events as well as how to control your character's tendency and when to change it for what event(s).

• 2 months later...

Just to pass on some info someone else had enlightened (I guess) me with: If a game is on the PSN, it's online modes won't be going anywhere. I guess that means for the life of the PSN (or unless they remove the game from the store).

Also, I'll help you SilenceIsDeafnin, if you still need help. I'm a Soul Level 230 though, we need to be approximately 10 soul levels from each other to be in a game together. But yeah, I have everything you need...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok just started his game.. maybe it was a bad idea to start it all drunk and titsy on july fork day... how the heck do I get others to join me? i mustve died ovr the stuopidest things. amzing i hadvent thrown me controleer yet!!!

• 3 weeks later...

ok just started his game.. maybe it was a bad idea to start it all drunk and titsy on july fork day... how the heck do I get others to join me? i mustve died ovr the stuopidest things. amzing i hadvent thrown me controleer yet!!!

I feel the same way, i died a bunch of times in the beginning so i gave up