A Simple Rating.

DNA-VL

Give me your ratings from 1 to 10 based on the following criteria.

Gameplay: 9/10

Graphics & SFX/Score: 8.5/10 (10/10 on PC)

Story/Characters: 10/10

Enjoyment: 10/10

Technical/AI: 8/10

Trophies/Value/Challenge: 8/10

Final Rating: 10/10

Note: A 10/10 for me is not a perfect game but a game thats worth your money and time, a 10/10 could mean something entirely different to you and thats fine =D.

Edited by DNA-VL

Gameplay: 7/10

Graphics & SFX/Score: 8/10 SFX, Score (Graphics 3/10) A pretty game with framerate hiccups is like a beautiful girl with ugly personality

Story/Characters: 9/10 (Pretty solid voice acting)

Enjoyment: 8/10 ( Majority of it quests require you to go places and fetch)

Technical/AI: 6/10

Trophies/Value/Challenge: 8/10 (Who the hell puts missable trophies in a 200 hour game)

Final Rating: 7.3/10

Gameplay: 8.5/10

Graphics & SFX/Score: 6/10 SFX, No problem with sound and stuff, but the framerate issue was a huge turn off

Story/Characters: 10/10 (Every single character from the main plot is unforgetable, filled with such personality, monsters are really well constructed)

Enjoyment: 9/10 ( Again, not perfect because of the FPS issue)

Technical/AI: 10/10 (Characters develop dialogs among them, call you when you pass, even sing)

Trophies/Value/Challenge: 7.5/10 (And I'm being kind. Totally agree with user above, who puts this amount of missable trophies on such a huge game, there's plenty other areas to be explores to develop trophies, such as Alchemy, Blacksmith, and more)

Final Rating: 8.5/10

Gameplay: 9/10
Graphics & SFX/Score: 8/10
Story/Characters: 10/10
Enjoyment: 10/10
Technical AI: 7/10
Trophies/Value/Challenge: 8/10
Final Rating: TENOUTTATEN

Edited by Ethan Ruhkillmeez

(ratings based on PS4 version patch 1.04)

Gameplay: 9/10 - Loads of variation, sword combat is good, signs were awesome, crossbow was a bit... underwhelming, but then again I didn't spec anything into it.

Graphics & SFX/Score: 8/10 - Game looks great and overall the music was nice.

Story/Characters: 10/10 - I've been a big fan of the Witcher games since the first one. It's an awesome experience.

Enjoyment: 10/10 - I loved it.

Technical/AI: 6/10 - Loads of texture popping (especially in Novigrad. I had to wait up to a minute to turn in quests sometimes because the NPC wasn't done loading when I got there). Sometimes the enemy AI is just retarded (like when you stand just outside of their aggro range... they just stand there... yelling stuff... and waving their arms). And the hit boxes were a bit wonky at times. Most noticable with the head shot trophy, but also during combat. I got hit loads of times while out of the way of the attack. Finally, loading times after deaths were way too long.

Trophies/Value/Challenge: 9/10 - Had great fun collecting them. Missables were easy enough to avoid with a little preparation.

Final Rating: 9.5/10 - I can easily forgive the technical issues with this game because it's HUGE (in area, in story and in stuff to do). It's a magnificent game with a great storyline and great characters. Definitely a game I enjoyed every second of.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 2

Gameplay: 7.5/10 (Combat can be annoying)

Graphics: 9/10
SFX: 10/10

Story: 9/10
Characters: 10/10

Enjoyment: 8.5/10

Technical/AI: 8.5/10

Trophies: Value: 7/10 (Too many bronze) Difficulty: 7/10

And how do I get my trophy card on here? Thanks.

Edited by FilthyPutrid

Gameplay: 7/10

Graphics & SFX/Score: 8/10 SFX, Score (Graphics 3/10) A pretty game with framerate hiccups is like a beautiful girl with ugly personality

Story/Characters: 9/10 (Pretty solid voice acting)

Enjoyment: 8/10 ( Majority of it quests require you to go places and fetch)

Technical/AI: 6/10

Trophies/Value/Challenge: 8/10 (Who the hell puts missable trophies in a 200 hour game)

Final Rating: 7.3/10

Unless you're game is running at constant 15 fp/s, in which case unheard of but understandable, a 3/10 for a game that runs smooth for the most part is way too much IMO.  Also this is literally the worst game to complain about fetch quests. Even quests that are ultimately fetch quests have layers of story to them.

Gameplay: 8.5/10

Graphics & SFX/Score: 6/10 SFX, No problem with sound and stuff, but the framerate issue was a huge turn off

Story/Characters: 10/10 (Every single character from the main plot is unforgetable, filled with such personality, monsters are really well constructed)

Enjoyment: 9/10 ( Again, not perfect because of the FPS issue)

Technical/AI: 10/10 (Characters develop dialogs among them, call you when you pass, even sing)

Trophies/Value/Challenge: 7.5/10 (And I'm being kind. Totally agree with user above, who puts this amount of missable trophies on such a huge game, there's plenty other areas to be explores to develop trophies, such as Alchemy, Blacksmith, and more)

Isn't the point of the Trophies/value rating to give the game a higher score the more challenging it is to get the plat and the more value you get from it?

Me personally?

Gameplay: 9/10. Satisfying combat but with some slight issues.

Graphics/SFX: 10/10. One of the best, if not the best looking game out there.

Story/Character: 10/10.

Enjoyment: 10/10. Loved every second of it and still want to go back for more.

Technical/AI: 8/10. AI can get stuck/make mistakes some time and some slight fp/s drops.

Trophies/Value/Challenge: this is tough to rate as one category. Insane value but trophies aren't particularly challenging, so I dunno 9/10?

Overall: None of the flaws really hinder the experience. 10/10.

Gameplay: 7.5/10 (Combat can be annoying)

Graphics: 9/10

SFX: 10/10

Story: 9/10

Characters: 10/10

Enjoyment: 8.5/10

Technical/AI: 8.5/10

Trophies: Value: 7/10 (Too many bronze) Difficulty: 7/10

And how do I get my trophy card on here? Thanks.

Go to your profile, PSN profile, from there you can update. Or the front page, on Home.

• Like 1

Isn't the point of the Trophies/value rating to give the game a higher score the more challenging it is to get the plat and the more value you get from it?

Yes I agree, but that's not the point I"m bringing out in my comment. What I'm saying is that some trophies are highly missable, and unless you consult guides and such (wich I don't like to do cause it ruins game experience) you could easily lose many trophies, wich is unfair for such a huge game.

There's no difficult/challenge in losing a trophy for a simple story choice and having to play a 50 hour game all over again just to select the other option. Want the gamer to see other side of story, ok, but at least they could set a track of trophies for you to do so, as long you advance you'll be getting them.

Sorry, thats just my opinion.

• Like 2

Gameplay: 9/10 (You have to change your style when you fight with a katakan after you fight with a troll, this changes keeps you in the game in whole story)

Graphics & SFX/Score: 8/10 (Enviromental details is much better than most of other sandbox games)

Story/Characters: 10/10 (Solid story, even a contract has so much details)

Enjoyment: 8/10 (+200 hours of gameplay, you cant have enjoyment at every minute, normal)

Technical/AI: 8/10 

Trophies/Value/Challenge: 8/10 (50 headshots is just time consuming crap, and i think they should have added some trophies about alternative endings)

Final Rating: 8,5/10

Gameplay: 9/10 (simply one of the best open-world action-RPGs; -1 point for no "this time I'm going to play as archer/mage/2-handed etc. every gameplay will be pretty much the same);

Graphics & SFX/Score: 9/10 (graphics pretty nice for such a big game; sfx ok; soundtrack astonishing)

Story/Characters: 10/10 (THE BEST in years)

Enjoyment: 10/10 (though long load times almost killed this ten)

Technical/AI: 6/10 (terrible fps drops, 1.5 minute load times (!!?), glitches, glitches, GLITCHES)

Trophies/Value/Challenge: 8/10 (a few annoying, unfair and glitchy trophies; Death March not that difficult when you obtain witcher set and level up).

Final rating: 9/10 but at times I think this one, as flawed as it is, deserves 10/10 nonetheless :)

Edited by NarcissusBaz

Cool site you have going on I must say, but I disagree with a bunch of your points.

First of all if you had no interest in a dialogue heavy game you really picked the wrong game. its a staple of the genre after all, and the fact that alot of dialogue is genuinely meaningful and has impact is something to praise, not dis in my eyes.

As for combat, I find it a null complaint. Yes, you use heavy and light attacks along with signs, but there are also bombs and potions to keep in mind, and calling this game's combat repetitive is like calling Souls combat repetitive. Are you technically doing the same thing? maybe. But how you do it makes all the difference in each encounter. You won't fight a griffin with the same strategy you fight a drowner with. You dodge differently, attack differently, have a different pattern, etc.

I think you infact do use a 10 point scale, in which case 5.5. suggest a mediocre game, which I think is simply not all that fair. Review doesn't really touch on story or mission structure much either.

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD
  • Like 1

Gameplay: 10/10

Graphics & SFX/Score: 9/10 graphics are amazing imo, sound not so.

Story/Characters: 8.5/10 story can be boring at times but love the character design for the most part.

Enjoyment: 9/10 loving the game so far but some missions can be boring and repetitive.

Technical/AI: 7/10 roach is dumb as f... .

i had to reload save once or twice from getting stuck.

Trophies/Value/Challenge: 8/10 trophies are ok so far. value for money is great. its too easy on normal mode imo, i hope harder diffilculties are more challenging.

Final Rating: 9/10 definately one of the the best rpgs ive played.

a very conservative review score from me.

Cool site you have going on I must say, but I disagree with a bunch of your points.

First of all if you had no interest in a dialogue heavy game you really picked the wrong game. its a staple of the genre after all, and the fact that alot of dialogue is genuinely meaningful and has impact is something to praise, not dis in my eyes.

As for combat, I find it a null complaint. Yes, you use heavy and light attacks along with signs, but there are also bombs and potions to keep in mind, and calling this game's combat repetitive is like calling Souls combat repetitive. Are you technically doing the same thing? maybe. But how you do it makes all the difference in each encounter. You won't fight a griffin with the same strategy you fight a drowner with. You dodge differently, attack differently, have a different pattern, etc.

I think you infact do use a 10 point scale, in which case 5.5. suggest a mediocre game, which I think is simply not all that fair. Review doesn't really touch on story or mission structure much either.

First off, id like to say thank your for taking the time to read my review and look at my website. regardless of whether or not we agree with each other, i greatly appreciate that you took the time to do that :)

second, I get what ur saying. A lot of my negatives (for example being text heavy) are part of the game and are what make it , it. and i really .....really Really wanted to like this .... and i tried to like it, but at the end of the day... i just didnt, and that's ok. Sometimes that's the beauty of it all. When we can both look at the same piece of artwork and see it for to different worlds. 

If this was a bigger website with more then just me, then I would of handed this game off to someone who played the other witcher games before, and would of been more into these kind of RPG's then myself. Sadly i dont have the luxury of doing so.

Thank you for your time :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was finally able to beat it, so I can give my opinion now

Gameplay: 8/10 - it wasn't that satisfying as I would had hoped
Graphics & SFX/Score: 10/10 - looks beautiful, one of the most beautiful worlds I have seen in games
Story/Characters: 10/10 - It felt like a long road, a long epic road
Enjoyment: 10/10 - never felt bored with this game
Technical/AI: 8/10 - didn't saw something bad, but it's still not a perfect AI
Trophies/Value/Challenge: 8/10 - didn't even saw trophies, but I'm starting my second playthrough right now
Final Rating: 10/10

In my opinion, one of the best RPG's ever made.