Batman: Arkham Knight General Discussion

PipeSwinger

This thread is intended for all discussion regarding the game Batman: Arkham Knight. 

This is a game I've been really anticipating. Initially, I intended on getting this game for PC. But with all the problems this game is having on PC, I was fortunate enough to order a limited edition version of this game on Amazon. That gets here on Friday, and I will not get much sleep after I get out of work that night.  :D

I'll be sure to post my thoughts when I start playing!

Edit: If you want to discuss a part of the game that may include spoilers, please write in the format below so we don't spoil the game for anyone. Just remove the spaces in between the brackets. 

[ spoiler ]  *insert text* [ /spoiler ]

Batman: Arkham City is my favorite Batman game.

Edited by PipeSwinger
  • Like 2

I had a part during

the first Riddler trial

where the game just inexpicably errored out and asked me if I wanted to report the error to Sony, but they wouldn't tell me what the error was. I have not had issues since. Besides the fact that I have a season pass and still can't find and download any Day 1 DLC. I only have the Red Hood Story Pack.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

I had a part during the first Riddler trial where the game just inexpicably errored out and asked me if I wanted to report the error to Sony, but they wouldn't tell me what the error was. I have not had issues since. Besides the fact that I have a season pass and still can't find and download any Day 1 DLC. I only have the Red Hood Story Pack.

I have the same issue with the Scarecrow story pack, I can't find it in the Arkham Episodes menu. I can't download it again because PSN says it's already installed. I couldn't find the New 52 skins at first too but that I could redownload and now they're on there.

I have the same issue with the Scarecrow story pack, I can't find it in the Arkham Episodes menu. I can't download it again because PSN says it's already installed. I couldn't find the New 52 skins at first too but that I could redownload and now they're on there.

It's not in Arkham episodes. It's in AR challenges 

• Like 1

Well I haven't been able to put it down, I'm only here to take a small break, get some food, and then back to Gotham! Pretty sure it will be my GOTY, Fallout will be awesome but, Batman. 

I was really enjoying it last night, but I had a point where my batmobile fell through the map for a few seconds, then when I got out, I fell forever.  I had to quit the game.

I had the same thing happen to me a few hours ago, didn't lose much progress though thankfully.

I am blown away by this game. I mean Asylum and City were one thing, but Rocksteady has outdone themselves. I love it when developers put a long time into a game and you can just tell. Like everything is just so deailed and perfected.

The story is much improved as well too. There are some great moments so far. I can't wait to find out who the Arkham Knight is

Had fun so far. Only annoying things that happen are that the game crashed once (not that bad but still...), and the informants. They can decide to never spawn and i can't figure out what the...the prerequisite is.

Like do i have to solve other things first? doesnt' really make sense... do i have to drive instead of flying about at low altitude? are there too many npc's in the world so i have to take some out so something else can spawn?

my only gripes so far.

oh and dissappointed in the antagonist. Was super obvious after a short while..but oh well.

I've been on it non-stop, easily tops City IMHO. I had one issue a little while ago where I died and the game loaded me below the map over and over. I quit to the main menu and went right back and things had been sorted out.

Do the side story dlc missions have a place they should take place in the story or should I just play them whenev?

I have a pretty solid theory on who the Arkham Knight is, which I formed early on in the game; a theory I really hadn't heard anyone else echo. Then again, I may be all together off base.

I love the Batmobile! I royally sucked at first (my first couple attempts at the first riddler track were shameful) before I got the hang in of it. I've heard online gripe of overuse of the batmobile, but people will clearly complain about anything. I love my high speed tank chases!

The challenge content is awesome this time around. We have our familiar combat and predator challenges, along with a host of new ones. The Scarecrow challenges are particularly dope; and race plus batmobile combat and giant Scarecrow boss fights. If the dlc tracks incorporate this level of awesomeness, I'm stoked!

I also learned the other day that during the development ofArkham Asylum, one individual at Rocksteady was responsible for Batman's cape. Some 700 animations and couple hundred individual sound effects to make the cape feel real. It is that depth of detail (along with the depth of knowlege of the universe) that puts this franchise at the top of my proverbial list.

Edited by MagicSandwych

My favorite game in the franchise, easily. The combat is even better than before, the Batmobile is pretty goddamn awesome and the story is the best it has ever been. When I feel like I'm progressing through the story too fast, there are plenty of side missions, fun ones mind you, that keep me occupied. The story has surprised me a few times and the longer I play, the more interesting it gets.

I'm about to take my son to my parent's house for the weekend (my weekend) so I'll probably beat the story sometime today. If you're a fan of the Arkham games, or Batman in general, you owe it to yourself to play this game. 

One thing to note, I have had the game crash on me one time. I was doing the first Riddler challenge and the game completely froze, forcing me to remove the power supply from the PS4 to restart it. Other than that, no issues at all. 

Parker

• Like 1

This game is quickly becoming my favourite in the series ( Sorry Arkham City :P ) The combat feels really unique and different but similar enough for you to easily be able to start racking up combos if you had previously played the series :) 

Also the fear takedowns are incredible :D 

My favorite game in the franchise, easily. The combat is even better than before, the Batmobile is pretty goddamn awesome and the story is the best it has ever been. When I feel like I'm progressing through the story too fast, there are plenty of side missions, fun ones mind you, that keep me occupied. The story has surprised me a few times and the longer I play, the more interesting it gets.

I'm about to take my son to my parent's house for the weekend (my weekend) so I'll probably beat the story sometime today. If you're a fan of the Arkham games, or Batman in general, you owe it to yourself to play this game. 

One thing to note, I have had the game crash on me one time. I was doing the first Riddler challenge and the game completely froze, forcing me to remove the power supply from the PS4 to restart it. Other than that, no issues at all. 

Parker

I have also had my game freeze on me once right at the beginning of the game on the first cutscene and had to do the same thing as you with the power supply :(

Touch wood though its been fine since then :)  

The game was really fun. Getting 100 % was really fast and easy. The enigma trophies were a joke. The game revolve too much around the car though. Knighfall ending was a huge let down, i mean you do have to get 100% before you can see it, they could have made it a little longer. Overall, graphicly and performance wise, it was absoludely fantastic. Story length was extremely short, ill be able to beat the new game + in 6 hours, its very short. The extra stuff takes more time. I would recommend it, the faces, voices and pace was great. However, any game under 20 hours main story, that seems kind of so so at the price games are.

I will give it a 9/10 though, it is still a gem in todays terrible game pool that we have been getting. I encountered only 2 bugs and experience everything, (was doing the challenges a little bit ago, they also seem very easy so far). the arkham knight wasnt even a suprise sadly, the game gave too much hints,

Anyways, enjoy the game, it was well worth the price. Ill plat it this week end.

Just got my copy of Batman Arkham Knight in the mail! I also got the guide (I'm old school  :) ). I can't wait to play. I'm jealous of all you!

(Got the lithograph with the guide. I'll put it right next to my Agent 47 lithograph!)

mLpXCoH.jpg?2Rx7QlwW.jpg?2tgqe3g4.jpg?3

So awesome :holy:

I have to wait until July 17th for my Strategy guide :spank:

• Like 1

I'm loving this game! So far I am very impressed. Initially, I wasn't a fan of the Batmobile. But after getting use to the controls for it, I gotta say I like it. It's a very unique edition to the game. I just don't want to spend too much time in it. My brother and I are roomates and we have our TV's set up side-by-side. We've been playing through the game at roughly the same pace. We keep making predictions, and it's been a ton of fun. My friend is coming over shortly for a Nazi Zombie LAN party. I might make him play solo zombies though so I can play more Batman  :D

As someone who's played all the Arkham games, including the Vita/3DS one, and several other Batman games which shall remain nameless, I've got to say, this is the definitive Batman game.

At first I was like, "Well, this is exactly like the previous games, which is fine, but still"

Then I was like, "Woah, this Batmobile is awesome, controls like dog shit though"

But then I was like, "This game isn't all that special, I'm glad I got it for cheap"

All of a sudden though, "Oh, I get it, this is kind of cool, driving a tank and whatnot"

Then, "Boom boom, motherfuckers, I'm the god damned Batman!"

If not for the annoying 200+ Riddler trophies, I'd go for the plat right now, but I'll give it a go sometime soonish anyway.

Pros:

Batmobile is dope.

Story for the most part is great.

Being Batman is as fun as ever.

As is the usual with a forth entry, everything feels polished to perfection, THIS is the one to play if you only get one.

Those damn Riddler races are some of the most fun things in existence.

Gotham City, at least to a Burton Bat fan like myself, looks fucking gorgeous.

Cons:

Batmobile drives like you're on dope (at first).

Feels more or less identical to the previous entries, other than the Batmobile.

The story, and title character in particular, have a decent number of plot holes.

Too much of a good thing can actually be a bad thing, hunting all the Riddler trophies, I know is gonna piss me off.

• Like 2

Batmobile Arkham Tank : that's the real name of this game !

it's a car game (and i don't like cars).
it's a shooting game (and i dont like shooting games).

it's sometimes a batman game.

for the story, some ideas are great, really great.

but you can't beat the story without... a car !

you have a false end, and a true end (100% mission).

so, you need to do everything BEFORE playing the story ? WOAOOOO this is scandalous. because if you're not, you die !

City is a masterpiece. Asylum comes second. Origins is a real Batman Game. this... Batmobile game is not a Batman Game.

for the record, i just beat with the.. Batmobile (again the car, always the car) the 9th riddler trial : pain in the ass.

because i'm not Fangio or Ayrton Senna. and that's a game for Gran Turismo Fan, not the Beat'em All i expected.

on the Facebook page of rocksteady, lots of people are not happy : the freezes or black screen (on PC, and on PS4 : i had them myself).
and of course the tank/car/whatever, which is not a Batman game, but the funerals of the franchise.

never buy a rocksteady game again ! (only the remastered City, Asylum) 

Batmobile Arkham Tank : that's the real name of this game !

it's a car game (and i don't like cars).

it's a shooting game (and i dont like shooting games).

it's sometimes a batman game.

for the story, some ideas are great, really great.

but you can't beat the story without... a car !

you have a false end, and a true end (100% mission).

so, you need to do everything BEFORE playing the story ? WOAOOOO this is scandalous. because if you're not, you die !

That doesn't sound like the game I played. I admit the Batmobile is featured heavily, especially if you want to complete all of the objectives, but it's an integral part of the character and it doesn't feel out of place at all. I don't play racing games and the only trouble I had was with some of the Riddler race tracks, which took me 2 or 3 tries to complete. You spend the large majority of the game doing all the stuff you did in the previous games.

Also, how is this a 'shooting game'?

And finally - there is no 'true' and 'false' ending. I don't know if you've completed the game, but it seems like you're misinterpreting whatever information you have on the endings. The ending basically has three parts and you get to see the last part only if you complete 100% of the objectives. It's more of an easter egg for completionists, not something that completely changes the outcome.