Batman: Arkham Knight General Discussion

PipeSwinger

I have completed absolutely everything except the Riddler trophies in my first playthrough. I really didn't feel like going for 200 something trophies so I started my New Game + game today. It is certainly noticeably more difficult, especially in more chaotic fights, but I think it is ultimately more enjoyable as well.

Also, does anyone else think Rocksteady plan on doing a Superman game next? I've been hearing a ton of Superman references from the street thugs lately and part of me wants to believe they are little Easter eggs letting us know what the studio is up to.

Parker  

I was actually thinking about that this morning when playing. I could see it happening. I could also see it being very good. 

Just finished everything for the platinum trophy! I really enjoyed it, but did something feel.. off? Story wise I don't think it was up to par to the first two but they definitely got everything gameplay in the first two games and refined the shit out of it. The scale of the campaign was great but it didn't have the focus of the first two games, and Scarecrow is a really crappy villain, keeps going on about scaring Batman and all that but his fear schtick got really old, very quickly. Actually preferred how was he seen and not heard a lot more in Arkham Asylum. The Arkham Knight was awful too, so whiny, and just seemed like a bad excuse to give Batman a rival who could kick his ass given half the chance too. Trophies are waaaayy easier too, as they have more or less removed the difficult combat challenges from the first two which kicked my ass everytime..

MY VERDICT: 3 Thumbs up

Got 60/69 AR Challenges right now. I love AR Challenges. There were two that I had some problems with. Tower Defense and Untouchable. I'm still grinding out Tower Defense. Managed to get two stars last night playing (8000 points), but then I see guys on YouTube get three stars (20,000+ points). If anyone has cleared that, and has any tips please let me know! I spent two hours on Untouchable until I realized I could've been hacking the enemies the whole time...  :facepalm:  Got three stars on that finally. 

I'll have to see how the last few challenges go! Still loving it! 

Yeah i dont like the fact that trophies are easier this time. I think the combat system, while is still great , especially to new players, could have been better. They introduce the pickup weapons thing but the only thing you can pick up is a bat and boxes (in campaign only), couldve granted the ability to also use the shield to block/counter or charge the enemies, also the stun baton would be nice. The environment take down is easy to access and doesnt require anything at all; or the fear takedown, i think it's a bit overpowered, it only needs a silent takedown to recharge and the usefulness is way greater than that. However i like the fact that they remove the red freeflow combo which slows down time, so that fights are now more fluid than ever,

Got 60/69 AR Challenges right now. I love AR Challenges. There were two that I had some problems with. Tower Defense and Untouchable. I'm still grinding out Tower Defense. Managed to get two stars last night playing (8000 points), but then I see guys on YouTube get three stars (20,000+ points). If anyone has cleared that, and has any tips please let me know! I spent two hours on Untouchable until I realized I could've been hacking the enemies the whole time...  :facepalm:  Got three stars on that finally. 

I'll have to see how the last few challenges go! Still loving it!

If im not wrong then tower defense is a combat challenge right? I got 44k on my first go, never touched it again :P i like replaying the azrael and gotham knights challenges more than that to see if i can get on top leaderboards, i was on top 40-50 in arkham city for some combat and predator challenges, mostly with Robin and Nightwing for combat and Batman for predator.

Edited: i saw the video you mentioned, if you want higher points just do a lot of variations, you wont have any problem with it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have 241 Riddler trophies and the last two r at the Stagg blimps and both monkey puzzles. I have to use the hack device to start the monkey puzzle. The problem is it never opens up and Riddler tells me I need to SHARE something. I push the Share button and nothing happens, do I need to upgrade all my moves. I don't know.

Share something? Never ran into that with those puzzles. But it doesn't involve the Share button though.

Started a new save after running into a game-breaking situation in my NG+. Miffed that I have to restart everything (including 100%-ing Normal mode) if I want to finish NG+, but the more Batman, the better.

I might have to play through the story again. Which is fine. I thought it was good as well. Here's what Riddler says: "No Batman, I will not SHARE your attentions like some resigned, neglected spouse! Clear the room!" That's what happens everytime I try to hack the monkey puzzles in Stagg's blimp. Its weird.

So I have 241 Riddler trophies and the last two r at the Stagg blimps and both monkey puzzles. I have to use the hack device to start the monkey puzzle. The problem is it never opens up and Riddler tells me I need to SHARE something. I push the Share button and nothing happens, do I need to upgrade all my moves. I don't know.

That is very strange, since the monkey riddler trophies only require you to use the remote hacking device to open cages for them to move in the desired position.

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Does anyone know if Gotham's Greatest reset when you start a new game from a new save file? I have over 2100 points and i wouldn't like to lose them if i start over.It's a shame we can't restart the campaign after finishing both new game and new game+

It does not. I deleted my old save that was glitches at 220% so I could get the 240% skin and my leaderboard (gotham's greatest) stats were still there. All the challenges don't have a record of you completing them before though so you have to redo the challenges to have a fastest time on the file but my gotham's greatest points stayed

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cocacolakid825 said:

It does not. I deleted my old save that was glitches at 220% so I could get the 240% skin and my leaderboard (gotham's greatest) stats were still there. All the challenges don't have a record of you completing them before though so you have to redo the challenges to have a fastest time on the file but my gotham's greatest points stayed

So the AR challenges reset but you keep your GG score? Does this happen for all AR challenges,even those that can be accessed only from main menu?

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...