Warner Bros. Is Suspending Sales Of Batman Arkham Knight On PC

kidson2004

That doesn't surprise me based on the ammount of backslash they got on it. I'm not sure if I should feel bad for the MasterRace or not.

People don't put so many grands for an awesome pc spec only to run a game under 10 fps, do them?

Edited by TheYuriG

First time I ever seen this happen on Steam, even though there are far more games in the past that should receive the same treatment, but that's what they should get for releasing a half-assed port anyway. Maybe this will serve as an example and avoid similar cases in the future, including consoles as well.

• Like 4

Makes sense like others have said. I wonder if they would have done the same thing on Xbox or PS if this had happened on consoles?

First time I ever seen this happen on Steam, even though there are far more games in the past that should receive the same treatment, but that's what they should get for releasing a half-assed port anyway. Maybe this will serve as an example and avoid similar cases in the future, including consoles as well.

I guess they can do this considering the game will still sell decently on Steam after. I remember Ether One getting a "Very Positive" rating on Steam but it was poorly optimized when it hit PS4, I wonder why Sony never did anything? Anyway like you said, this will serve as an example to other developers and publishers who wish to do this kind of thing.

Edited by ZeroXOF

There was a deal where the game was being sold for $21 before release, that was incredibly low so I wonder if that was any indication of the issues they were experiencing.

I'm sure it will be fixed, Mortal Kombat X also had issues and ironed out the problems within the first few weeks.

This is why I don't pre order, on console or PC lol

• Like 3

I'm not sure if I should feel bad for the MasterRace or not.

Why should you do that?

Im sorry, but in all niceness, they would not deserve feelings.

I bet when the game is fixed and running fine they will continue their stupid and childish masterrace-bullshit.

So better do yourself a favor, stay away and protect your mood ^_^

• Like 3

And so they should, probably the worst port I have ever played in my life, I have 2 gtx 980 sli set up and thats more than enough to brute force through developers incompetence but not this game, playing at 60fps and suddenly get drops to as low as 15fps. Thankfully steam introduced a refund service and I used the money to buy the ps4 version, it runs at 30fps but at least it works.

From what I've heard I don't believe the game even supports sli, it can barely make use of more than one GPU.

That refund policy devastated sales for them though. Hopefully this results in high quality ports in the future because developers know they can no longer get away with this.

Why should you do that?

Im sorry, but in all niceness, they would not deserve feelings.

Of course you should feel bad, no one should have to deal with issues like this.

Just because there is an annoying vocal minority of fanboys on one platform doesn't mean you should hate them as a whole for it. Don't sink down to their level. Lol

Edited by Hailst0rm_2

Of course you should feel bad, no one should have to deal with issues like this.

Just because there is an annoying vocal minority of fanboys on one platform doesn't mean you should hate them as a whole for it. Don't sink down to their level. Lol

I dont understand why people are always assuming I would hate anyone or anything ... Thats really mean. Seriously.

Oh and, on german technewssites they are not a "minority".

Edited by Neputyunu

I dont understand why people are always assuming I would hate anyone or anything ... Thats really mean. Seriously.

Oh and, on german technewssites they are not a "minority".

You said they don't deserve feelings >_<

Comment sections where trolls run rampant are not a good place to pass judgement on a community lol

If you actually go on steam these people are few and far between, many of them even own consoles.

Comment sections where trolls run rampant are not a good place to pass judgement on a community lol

But one missinterpreted line from me is enough to judge on me and to assume I would "hate" PC-gamers or whatever?

... interesting.

I often saw your... enthusiasm about the PC as plattform.

And Im still writing with you. Means, I dont have you on ignore.

Means, Im not hating you because are PC-gamer, right? ;)

... seriously. Dont get why people always assume I would want to be part of the "consolewar" and would "hate" or "complain"...

I mean, I wrote before "Do yourself a favor and stay away" ... right? Logics and stuff. :P

geez... I wonder when society gets peacefull ... hmmm....

Edited by Neputyunu

Is the PS4 version running a lot better than the PC version? Has anybody experienced frame rate drops?

I played both and so far I only experience fps drops during the batmobile sequences on ps4, and its 2fps drops or so nothing major, but the most amusing part is that the console version of the game looks graphically better than the pc version according to side by side comparisons.

I watched one of jim sterling's squirty play Youtube video of Arkham Knights ( PC ) he named the vid " in need of a bat patch " for an unknown reason the PC version performed really badly as far as I seen, can't tell the frame rate due to Youtube quality, though jim said " it's locked at 30FPS, you go higher than that and the game run horrible " theres also a noticeable freezes from time to time that felt like the game is loading stuff in the background.

Is the PS4 version running a lot better than the PC version? Has anybody experienced frame rate drops?

Gonna ask the same, how is the running on a PS4? Cause even Witcher has some issues with low frame performance.

From what i've seen around its not GOTY material, is it?

Edited by daniel_flavia

But one missinterpreted line from me is enough to judge on me and to assume I would "hate" PC-gamers or whatever?

... interesting.

I apologize, it just came off that way to be because of how I read it. It's not easy interpreting emotion through text lol

I guess they can do this considering the game will still sell decently on Steam after. I remember Ether One getting a "Very Positive" rating on Steam but it was poorly optimized when it hit PS4, I wonder why Sony never did anything? Anyway like you said, this will serve as an example to other developers and publishers who wish to do this kind of thing.

I remember this game receiving a special treatment even here when it was release on PS+, I thought only trophies were glitched but so was the game? To this day it seems the game is still broken or unoptimized.

I guess Sony never did anything because they wouldn't be gaining anything from it at all. Pretty sure we wouldn't see them going for the hassle of offering refunds or a brand new game because of one broken indie title. People will eventually forget it (and most did anyway, the game was offered months ago), but of course those who are trying to plat or just trying to play the game are suffering from this.

Actually one more reason they should actually address to this issue is most people who got into this mess were PS+ subscribers, they already pay a plus monthly/yearly because they enjoy their services and games that actually work, if anything they should be the last to experience such hassle from their own service.

And with Steam we got a quite different case. Selling a brand new but broken AAA game could certainly tarnish their name along with WB. Not only that but Steam really want to sell this game in particular, it's last Batman title after all with its predecessor having great port as well. They certainly wouldn't be losing too much by cancelling new purchases now.

... interesting.

"I bet when the game is fixed and running fine they will continue their stupid and childish masterrace-bullshit." - you

You just generalized them and that was quite hateful in particular. Just saying...
Edited by Ryoudji
  • Like 2

I'm not sure if I should feel bad for the MasterRace or not.

MasterRace = vocal minority, PC gamers = whole. If you check the comments on the link, you can see the MasterRace blaming PS4 for the PC issues (what?) and others are pissed on the company. It's the first group I can't give 2 shits about, but I feel quite bad about the others who wasted 60 bucks (or more, depending on the edition) on a broken game AND won't be able to get refunds.

The same way I don't think I should care about the MasterRace is the reason why I can't care about the #XboxOrWeRiot kids neither the PS4 fanboys ('lol sunset overdrive sucks, i will play bloodborne while banging you mother and you cry' people).

• Like 1

That's for the SteamOS, Linux and Mac release. Windows is getting a patch/re-port and god who knows when it will be available to buy again.

From your article:

Update: I messed up and alluded that PC copies would be halted until a further date, instead of a less harsh "temporary" status. Other versions, however, will be put in a fall 2015 window. Further noting the seriousness of the sales halt; certain retail stores have now also been asked by Warner Bros to take Batman: Arkham Knight off shelves until further notice. So not "fall" per se for PC, but no time otherwise given. Days or weeks, maybe a month, who knows. Nuance is important and this article lacked that considerably. My apologies.

• Like 1

Warner Bros. is forming a pretty bad track record when it comes to ports. First, you had the disaster that was Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor on PS3. That is still one of the worst ports I've played. Then, the PC version of Mortal Kombat X had major issues upon release. Not to mention that the last gen versions of MKX have been delayed twice and might not ever be released. Now, Arkham Knight gets pulled off Steam. That's a pattern.