PS4 slow download

Crespelio-X12

I had a similar issue with the Batman update recently, it was saying it needed 30 hours to download 3gb so I looked around the web and found this solution to change the primary and secondary DNS to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 on your ps4 and thankfully it worked.

edit - direct link in case my instructions sucked http://www.gameconnect.net/content/9731/slow-download-speeds-ps4-try/

Edited by Tomato
  • Like 3

I had a similar issue with the Batman update recently, it was saying it needed 30 hours to download 3gb so I looked around the web and found this solution to change the primary and secondary DNS to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 on your ps4 and thankfully it worked.

This! Also if it doesn't work right away give it a few minutes!

there are many posibilitys . Restart console helped me on ps3 sometimes .  Restart router helps almost always.  Maybe PSN servers are stressed . maybe your internet Provider has problems.   hard to tell a reason without more info ;) . try restart strats first .

I was having the same problem. It was literally about 1MB every 30 seconds. I found this link though which was really helpful:

Well, I would paste a link if I could work out how! Seriously, why does ctrl+v not work here?

Anyway, google "A short pause remedy for slow download speeds on PSN" and you should see a tutorial on how to change your DNS number. If gives you 2 numbers, one's 'google DNS and the other's 'Open DNS'. I chose opend DNS and my download speeds are now back to normal.

Edit: never mind, guess I took too long to type this out. :D

Edited by CrisisTheory