WWE 2K16 News

PREDRAG-K

Well, I figured I'd start this topic now, since stuff is finally starting to show up about 2K16. This will be just like my 2K15 thread last year, post anything you guys see or hear about this game.

First, 2K has said the game will have the largest roster ever. Now, I know they say this every year, but it may actually be true this time. They posted on their Instragram that 2K16 will include 120 playable characters, all unique models. No 5 Cena, 3 HHH, 3 Mark Henry BS like previous years. For comparison, 2K15 had 67 unique models.

Also, the first 6 characters were revealed with their art. They are: Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bad News Barrett, Finn Balor, & Paige.

seth-rollins-wwe-2k16-600x300.jpg

wade-barrett-wwe-2k16-600x300.jpg

dean-ambrose-wwe-2k16-600x300.jpg

daniel-bryan-wwe-2k16-600x300.jpg

finn-balor-wwe-2k16-600x300.jpg

paige-wwe-2k16-600x300.jpg

• Like 1

120 unique wrestlers would be nice, but I'm still holding off from pre-ordering this year's title again until 2K confirms that those 120 wrestlers are all in-game and not 3/4 DLC's. :P

Well, here's the confirmation lol. 120 unique characters come with the game, none of them are DLC.

https://twitter.com/WWE2Kdev/status/615725055788486658

In case the link doesn't work (posting from my phone), it's from the 2KDevs twitter account. It says, "Just so we're clear, the 120+ unique Superstar/Diva models we mentioned last week are all shipping with the game".

Edited by PREDRAG-K
  • Like 1

Well I guess this year's Summerslam pre-show they do each year to show the superstars will be longer then before. Unless they decide to show half the roster that is.

I'm also one of those who's waiting for more news regarding the creation modes, I really hope that Create An Arena will be back. 2K14's was a real push and almost flawless in regards to that mode.

The game better have 120 game modes as well since the last game cut most of em. I still cant believe they removed Tornado tag... The fucking mode that made these games what they are today. Just because they hardly ever hold Tornado Tag matches in the WWE shows doesnt mean it shouldnt be in the game.

2K15 was dissappointing in so many ways, I'm used to them releasing a good game every two years, so I guess it's time for this year to be good. Hopefully they realize what a stupid idea the stamina system was, cant hit a finisher if you dont have stamina really made the matches less fun and destroyed the out of nowhere moments that were great in the previous games.

That cover looks cool, I was thinking they'd have Reigns or Rollins.

It's all well and good revealing the superstar on the cover of the game, but what about in-game content? Where's the information on that?

We'll start to hear more, as Summerslam approaches. They seem to reveal the roster on the day before Summerslam every year. Then, after that, we start hearing about different game modes and stuff.

• 3 weeks later...