Was your Vita worth it?

PleaseHoldOn

I've never been much of a handheld gamer.  Way back in the day, i got a lot of use out of this bad boy... but I don't game on the go much more these days.  Still, the Vita interests me.  I like that it can be a tool for playing PS4 games remotely.  I like that it could throw me back to those Gameboy glory days, and there are more than a few games on it I would get for it at the end of the day.  I like the idea of another avenue to expand my Playstation catalog.

Whatever the reasons you got it initially... do you feel like it was worth it?  Reading some topics around here, it sounds like Sony is kind of ignoring the system as of late.  Does this lack of activity make you feel like it was any less worth it?  Do you think it'll have a comeback at some point?  Would you recommend the Vita to someone on the fence?

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

True Sony has left the Vita in the dark, but there is a lot of 3rd party support, so there's never any shortage of games.

I initially bought my Vita for one game in particular, but then found myself getting a tone of other games for it.

In the long run I haven't regretted getting my Vita, it was worth every penny.

True Sony has left the Vita in the dark, but there is a lot of 3rd party support, so there's never any shortage of games.

I initially bought my Vita for one game in particular, but then found myself getting a tone of other games for it.

In the long run I haven't regretted getting my Vita, it was worth every penny.

But that only makes it worth it if you don't play games anywhere else. If you are someone who owns other systems like the PS3, PS4 and uses Steam, most of the 3rd party games can be played elsewhere.

Is it still worth it if you take that into account?

Yes - I love my vita gives me something to do when I travel wait at appointments and the game selection isn't too bad and if your a PS plus member it's even better have several friends that have gotten a Vita and they all love it - worth every penny I spent on it

How does PS+ make it better?

Do you guys find it inconvenient to carry around the game cases?  Or are you buying most of your games digitally?

Well you get 2 free (subscription if you want to argue semantics, not truly free) games every month with each console, I have never bought a Vita game but still manage to use it all the time.

Do you guys find it inconvenient to carry around the game cases?  Or are you buying most of your games digitally?

Do not under any means by digital unless it is impossible to find a psychical. Vita cards are expensive, so only get digital if it's an exclusive or if it's last resort.

From what I understand, there's a bunch of people who've had PS+ for a while but didn't own a Vita. So if they were to get one, it would come with potentially 50 or more games.

Don't get it if you're all about dat quadruple A. Otherwise it's a great system, if you're into J stuff you'll be broke soon.

Edited by Xhillia

My brother got a Vita a few years back, and he claims to love it... haven't seen him use it in the last year. 

I honestly don't see the point in Vita. There are still no 'must-haves' for the system, and whilst you get a lot of free PS+ games, its not like their games designed to push the Vita's hardware capabilities to the max (i'm not knocking indies, but they could be on PS3 or PS4 instead). 

So no, I don't recommend a Vita. I have a 3DS, and I also don't recommend that! 

Absolutely worth it! Bought mine only for Uncharted; but since then I have a never ending list of games I want to buy for it (admittedly I've owned one for 6 months & have already spent way more on games than the console itself). 

Some things I really love about the VIta are the ability to take screenshots, listen to music while gaming, & the beautiful screen. I had bought a 3DS way before the Vita for Pokemon; but since the Vita I just can't seem to buy any new games for the 3DS. 

Definitively get physical copies of games though cause memory space is scarce (even after investing in a 16 GB memory card). 

Edited by Gretchen27

I love my Vita. I got it new with Borderlands for about 200 and, although I don't use it everyday anymore, it's extremely nice to have when I go on trips and such, so when I do use it it's worth it.

If you download all the Playstation Plus games each month online, you potential could have a mini army of games already. I have piles to get to still and even the free games are worth it for on the go.

As for game cases, I don't own a single physical game for the Vita. Considering I got two or more each month from Playstation Plus and really good sales, I don't ever feel the need to. As for the memory card, I haven't upgraded from the original card that came with it. I usually download four or five games before I go somewhere and just switch between them, unlike PS3 and PS4 where I generally have my whole library downloaded :P

Whatever the reasons you got it initially... do you feel like it was worth it?  

-yep and I still do feel it is worth til now...I still use it more often than my other consoles...

Reading some topics around here, it sounds like Sony is kind of ignoring the system as of late.  Does this lack of activity make you feel like it was any less worth it?  

-really can't say that it lacks activity.. there are still games being released on it ,may be port/cross-buy but still I consider it as (small) activities.(I'll come back to this one after they stopped releasing games on Vita)

Do you think it'll have a comeback at some point?  

-hopefully...

Would you recommend the Vita to someone on the fence?

-YES.

-the cases are not really inconvenient IMO... if they are inconvenient to you, there are Vita pouches available where you can put the cartridge... I prefer physical copy than digital copies even in other consoles tbh...

Edited by JeieeM
  • Like 1

Why do people like their Vitas? These comments are illogical. According to Nintendo fansites and the opinions of people who definitely own one, Everyone must hate their Vita. Coming from a fanbase of 40 million we should clearly listen to their definitely well thought out comments like "lol Vita" and "Vita haz no gaemz". I mean the Vita's library can't compete with awesome games like Sort of Not New Super Mario Bros. 4 and The Legend of Zelda: Rehash of Time. The sales are bad to so because it's not selling well, clearly the people who own one hate it. 3DS Master Race. B) /s

hahaha this..

@Topic, As a person who commutes to college daily (4-hour round trip), the Vita is definitely worth it. It keeps me entertained even while waiting between classes.

Not to mention, being able to play PSP titles in addition to the variety of PS Vita games is great Last but not least, I got into JRPGs thanks to the Vita

Edited by mody94_Station

I would highly recommend the Vita to anyone who wants a handheld.  I think Sony needs to get back on pushing the Vita and getting it more games, but that still doesn't change how awesome the system really is.  I wish I played it more, but my backlog is so huge that I don't get the chance very much.  Don't let the Vita die people it has so much potential!!!

• Like 2

I personally thought the Vita was worth it for the Danganronpa games alone. I'd say buy it if you're into playing games on the go, like jrpgs and indie games, or if you like some of the exclusive titles. Also, if visual novels are your thing, there's two Vita exclusive visual novels coming up, Norn9 Var Commons and Code:Realize. Granted, they're both Otome but I can picture vita exclusive visual novels becoming a trend.