Was your Vita worth it?

PleaseHoldOn

Buying my Vita was one of the best decisions I have ever made so it was absolutely worth it for me.

I don't travel too much so I usually play it when I'm home but it still gives me the option to play in another room or in bed if I'm playing a visual novel for example. When I do end up traveling, it's a great way to pass the time and of course, continue trophy hunting when away from my man cave.  :D

Personally, I think that the Vita has the better games than the PS4 or the 3DS with it's "vast library" of games, at least for the time being. It is actually home to many of the best games that I have played in recent memory, a lot of them being exclusive. Hell, my favourite game of all time is Persona 4 Golden which makes my purchase worth it for just that but there are a lot of other games that interest me on the platform too. I know a lot of people hate on indie games just because they aren't "triple a", which is kind of dumb in my opinion, but a lot of those are perfect for Vita and all the better when you get them for free of PS Plus.

Sure, I wish that Sony continued to support Vita, I would even settle for them just acknowledging it but third parties still release games for it all the time (at least the Japanese ones). I guess it comes down to what kind of games you're into, I love Japanese games so I guess that I would get a lot more enjoyment out of it than the average person. If you're someone who only plays the big Western games and doesn't like JRPGs, visual novels or indie games, the Vita probably isn't worth it for you.

I rarely play while on the go, but I think it's nice to have with me sometimes and play on a few occasions on a short trip for example. I can play in any room as I like anytime. No fuzz about leaving room for others like with the TV.

It sure has thrown me back to the Gameboy glory days. I played Gameboy up until Advance SP, but I never liked Advance. I quit handheld gaming altogether then. But then I wanted something… So started to look around and told a friend about my thoughts, and he told about the follow up the the PSP. I got hyped the following months, and after a year, maybe a little less, I got one.

I've had my Vita a little over a year, and I already have the same amount of games on it as my PS3, which I've had for exactly 4 years and 5 days. (my trophy list doesn't tell the full story, since I haven't started all games on my profile that I own)

Sony is ignoring the Vita (which you can read more about here) and it's a shame, but I have no regrets whatsoever. I actually think it's the best gaming machine I've ever bought. It sure would be even better if there were more triple-A games coming,  if Youtube were still there and if Destiny of spirits didn't close on Tuesday, but it is still the best to me.

For those who say "no games dood", I say this. It also really opened my eyes to indies, and I'm really glad for that. Btw I'm not into J-stuff, so there is stuff for us uh "regular flavour" ones. The post even got approved for being J-free by Satoshi Ookami.

Super monkey ball: banana splitz and Touch my Katamari is on sale now, go get them dammit! In EU at least. And Tearaway is absolutely stunning. Just look. And Velocity 2X, which I didn't mention there, is supercool and Vita game of the year! Here's a quick look of this and other stuff you can get:

I buy most games digitally because the physical copies cost 2-4 times more in Sweden. I still buy some physical copies just for the sake of collecting. They are getting really rare now, no new titles are coming in in Sweden, and all major stores but one have no Vita games at all. But that's ok, I have a 64GB memory card and digital is way cheaper.

I would definitely recommend the Vita.

Edited by Guenter_G

Do not under any means by digital unless it is impossible to find a psychical. Vita cards are expensive, so only get digital if it's an exclusive or if it's last resort.

Eh, I don't know, man. I mean, yeah the memory card's are expensive. But if I'm saving quite a bit of money, why not buy digital? Take this latest Flash Sale, for instance. Where would I ever find physical copies of Hyperdimension Neptunia and Mind Zero for a combined $16? Even if I were to buy another 8 GB memory card to hold them and a few other games around the holidays(usually $10 then), that's still only $26. Carts of each would cost around $50-60, no? I never resell my games, so it seems good to me. 

To answer the OP's question, I love mine and use it daily. My Vita backlog may even be bigger than my PS3's, when I include PS1/PSP games. I think it was well worth the $250 launch price I paid.

Do you guys find it inconvenient to carry around the game cases?  Or are you buying most of your games digitally?

The problem is, that most of the games are digital-only. At least in EU. Cant speak for NA.

Oh and yes, was worth it... sadly my ~70€ memorycard broke, but a new one is on the way. They ARE expensive... yes... but the Vita is worth it. ^_° 

Edited by Neputyunu

These days Vita is my #1 console. I haven't played as much lately, even though my back log is ever expanding. That doesn't mean I don't have games on Vita, quite the opposite. If I buy cross-buy title, I play it on Vita. I have only 22 retail games on Vita, but there's over double the amount I want to buy. Amount of digital games is much higher.

To say it short: I consider Vita as one of the best purchases I have done. And I purchase lots of stuff, so there you have it. Never regretted it, it's part of my daily life. Even now I'm typing this on Vita.  :D

• Like 1

The console was well worth in 2012 - 2013, it had semi decent games (even if some weren't of good quality) and it was very advanced for it time. Strolling along to Q3 2013 - 2015 present, I couldn't tell anyone this console is worth it. The price is too high for what it offers and the memory cards would put people off. The games are decent but very one sided with very little variety. So yeah, at the beginning I thought the Vita was well worth it but now, not so much. 

Why do people like their Vitas? These comments are illogical. According to Nintendo fansites and the opinions of people who definitely own one, Everyone must hate their Vita. Coming from a fanbase of 40 million we should clearly listen to their definitely well thought out comments like "lol Vita" and "Vita haz no gaemz". I mean the Vita's library can't compete with awesome games like Sort of Not New Super Mario Bros. 4 and The Legend of Zelda: Rehash of Time. The sales are bad to so because it's not selling well, clearly the people who own one hate it. 3DS Master Race. B) /s

Excuse you, we have Bravely Default, Atieler Rorona, Fifa, Pokemans, da Monster Hunter, Harvest Moon, Persona Q, Animal Crossing, Metriod Prime and many more. Bow to us, you casual! /s :awesome:

tumblr_m8nvzhSUdq1qdpecvo1_500.jpg

I'm very happy with my Vita, it's one of those things you buy and stay close to you lmao. Not only do I use it for gaming in which my collection of games is slowly increasing, I also tend to keep it near me when I'm gaming as well, either to stay on Facebook on it or reading a guide. 

The point is simple, the Vita isn't a real man/woman's console.

Fun fact, you pretty much only mentioned J-games xDDDD

I don't always feed the trolls but those examples kinda made me wondering.

If we don't count the fact that 3DS loses by default due to region locking, let's look at the examples and forget about the brands.

Look at them objectively from a newcomer's point of view.

Bravely Default - Generic TJRPG you can find in many variations on Vita

Atieler Rorona - It's Atelier, but okay. Um, I guess I don't need to say anything about this one.

Fifa - OH RLY?

Pokemans - As a brand, it obviously has no competition, but as a game... Let's look at Monster Monpiece and its sequel(s), it's also monster capture genre but with added card-game addition. If we don't limit ourselves to Vita, there's Ni no Kuni, but yea, this is about 3DS and Vita. Of course, there's nothing exactly like Pokemon anywhere, because no one is so foolish to even try to compete.

Monster Hunter - Again, same as Pokemon, but... here we have a good competitors in Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok Odyssey

Harvest Moon + Animal Crossing - I'm not particularly well-versed in these FB-like games, but taking care of farm can be done in Farming Simulator, taking care of animals in PS Vita Pets or Aabs Animals (okay, maybe a bit of a joke =D)

Persona Q - Again, brand. But without brand, it's just chibi Mind-0 with Persona characters

Metriod Prime - I think it's Metroid but well. Okay, I was wondering about this one since it's not full-fledged FPS but more like FPS with adventure, but objectively... is there someone who would play FPS for something else than FPS? So you can get this with Killzone.

All in all, I would say what I'm always saying, Nintendo is worth only for their brands, without them, Vita offers the same gameplay-wise.

• Like 3

Fun fact, you pretty much only mentioned J-games xDDDD

I don't always feed the trolls but those examples kinda made me wondering.

If we don't count the fact that 3DS loses by default due to region locking, let's look at the examples and forget about the brands.

Look at them objectively from a newcomer's point of view.

Bravely Default - Generic TJRPG you can find in many variations on Vita

Atieler Rorona - It's Atelier, but okay. Um, I guess I don't need to say anything about this one.

Fifa - OH RLY?

Pokemans - As a brand, it obviously has no competition, but as a game... Let's look at Monster Monpiece and its sequel(s), it's also monster capture genre but with added card-game addition. If we don't limit ourselves to Vita, there's Ni no Kuni, but yea, this is about 3DS and Vita. Of course, there's nothing exactly like Pokemon anywhere, because no one is so foolish to even try to compete.

Monster Hunter - Again, same as Pokemon, but... here we have a good competitors in Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok Odyssey

Harvest Moon + Animal Crossing - I'm not particularly well-versed in these FB-like games, but taking care of farm can be done in Farming Simulator, taking care of animals in PS Vita Pets or Aabs Animals (okay, maybe a bit of a joke =D)

Persona Q - Again, brand. But without brand, it's just chibi Mind-0 with Persona characters

Metriod Prime - I think it's Metroid but well. Okay, I was wondering about this one since it's not full-fledged FPS but more like FPS with adventure, but objectively... is there someone who would play FPS for something else than FPS? So you can get this with Killzone.

All in all, I would say what I'm always saying, Nintendo is worth only for their brands, without them, Vita offers the same gameplay-wise.

Don't lie to yourself, it only make defeat more harder to accept. :D

Also Japanese games ain't the problem. The problem is that Japanese third parties are lacking variety. 

Edited by 3DS Master Race