Was your Vita worth it?

PleaseHoldOn

Pokemans - As a brand, it obviously has no competition, but as a game... Let's look at Monster Monpiece and its sequel(s), it's also monster capture genre but with added card-game addition. If we don't limit ourselves to Vita, there's Ni no Kuni, but yea, this is about 3DS and Vita. Of course, there's nothing exactly like Pokemon anywhere, because no one is so foolish to even try to compete.

DS has Ni No Kuni too, but... meh... it just gives not the same feel.

Well, every system has his pros and contras, so I dont see a reason to say this is better, or this is better or that this sucks, because it depends on the person who is playing :) The problem is, that people today are like "graphics here, graphics there" "blockbuster here, blockbuster there" it doesnt makes sense to talk with them anyway.

However... NepStation mastaaraisu!

My circumstances have changed somewhat since I bought my Vita. In the beginning I worked nights and it helped the down time fly by at 2 in the morning.

Secondly because I worked nights my only Playstation time was during the day. This clashed with the Pepper Pig marathons and so remote play was a godsend.

Unfortunately nowadays my poor Vita just gathers dust as I choose to play my PS4 when I get the chance. Still, there are occasions when the missus steals the PS4 and so trusty old FFX gets given a bit of play time.

Was my Vita worth it!? Atm I'd probably say no but it is a fantastic piece of kit and would still recommend one.

Edited by Malfuras

But that only makes it worth it if you don't play games anywhere else. If you are someone who owns other systems like the PS3, PS4 and uses Steam, most of the 3rd party games can be played elsewhere.

Is it still worth it if you take that into account?

Yes that's true, but have do you even own a Vita? I have seen some of the 3rd party games on Vita that are also on PS3 and Steam, but the Vita makes up for that with how many exclusives it has.

Example, like Uncharded Golden Abyss, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, and Killzone Mercenary. Those are only a few and are the more popular ones most people know about.

There are a lot of Japanese 3red part games like the Project Diva series, and the Hyperdimension series. There are a lot of great games I can guarantee if you look you will find a game that interest you, and who knows, maybe it'll be a favorite ^_^

Exclusives aside, I have had nothing but fun playing the Vita! The screen is nice and wide, the two analog sticks are great, the back touch screen is kinda weird.

The graphics the Vita can handle is quite impressive, WipEout 2048 looks amazing.

Now if you're really into PS3/PS4 and don't care or you're into handhelds and what theVita has to offer. Then stick to consols by all means.

Well i haven't yet played a vita game that made me think "this made all worth it" but i do think it's a great system and there might not being any real "killer games" but there has been bunch enjoyable ones. 

It's also great system for playing PS1 games so i don't regret getting it.

Plus there are still games coming to the system so it's too early to even lay final judgment unless you are the kind of gamer that doesn't like Japanese games in general. 

Yes yes and yes. It's a lovely machine that feels incredibly comfortable to use and looks fantastic with the OLED screen. I bought mine for Killzone Merc. and Muramasa Rebirth but now I'll use it to play most games that I can get on it. I have multiple games that are available on Steam (some that I have, even) and a whole bunch that are crossbuy between Vita and PS3/PS4, and I'll almost always choose the Vita to play them on, it just feels better. Also due to the worst timing possible regarding the one train an hour I have home from work, I usually have to wait 45mins up to an hour or more depending on consistent delays with our crappy train service every day I work, and I regularly work 5 days a week. That's an extra 5 hours or so of game time I can get with my Vita that I wouldn't otherwise have. I also use it for breaks and whenever I'm travelling for whatever other reason. I had an instance last year when I got stuck in France for 5 hours due to an issue with the Eurostar and luckily, I had my Vita fully charged and was still in the middle of Guacamelee!, so that really helped pass some of that time.

There's still so many games I want to get, too. I'm just feeding off PS+ freebies right now as I happen to enjoy little indie games that a lot of gamers don't seem to care for, but there's still a lot to get. Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, Danganrompa, Tearaway, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, Persona 4: Golden, WipEout 2048 and Freedom Wars all come to mind in regards to exclusives that I want to get still, and there's plenty of other stuff out there, like the Atelier and Disgaea ports, Axiom Verge when it finally comes out in the EU will be a surefire Vita title for me, and when they finally come out I'm totally getting Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Heart Forth Alicia and Children of Morta on there, too.

• Like 1

Absolutely! Especially for those that actually understand how handheld gaming works: its not meant for the full AAA gaming experience you expect on home consoles (never was) but is good for smaller titles on the go and specifically indie titles and JRPGs in terms of the Vita

Yes it is worth it for me. 36/46 Platinums for me have been achieved on the Vita.

I have like 20 plus vita physical games that I haven't put on the system yet.

I commute to Uni,work....so it works for me in the hour long drive.

Rarely hook up my ps3 and I usually play a few hours into the night in my bed. Handhelds work for that.....it keeps me immersed.

It helps that I love JRPGS...and Vita has tons of those.

Edited by Kishnabe

It was worth it because of Uncharted: Golden Abyss, the best game ever made for a handheld console by far. Other great games like Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary, NFS, Asphalt Injection, AC 3 Liberation or Sly 4 should also be mentioned.

P.S.: Some people here are just so stupid, arrogant, insensitive and selfish, that they just deserve to be ignored. 

• Like 2

I was thinking about getting one. It's €180 with the Lego Bundle. Would people recommend it for someone who has no interest in Japanese games?

If you have no interest in Japanese games then the Vita is not for you. Besides Japanese games, there is only indie games and PS Classics. In fact, based on the games on your profile, you might be happier with an Xbox 360/ Xbox One.