Was your Vita worth it?

PleaseHoldOn

I was just stating the fact. I spend more time on my Vita than the PS4 and Nintendo handhelds and on par with my PS3. I know you don't, but I do. Facts are facts. We're getting off topic, so this conversation is over.

And I was stating the facts or possibilities of what might have caused this to be the case, because PS3 definitely has the better game game library, yet you still have more time on Vita. If you have a limited game log on N- handhelds, that would also explain why you're on Vita more. I certainly was not getting off topic.

Facts are facts, but what causes them to be facts are important to.

Vita is a solid system. I will not say amazing, fantastic, or worth the buy, but it's a solid system. Well, technically, it's a great system, but games wise, it's ok or good to me. (There are better out there.) I don't hate it, but I do see it get too much undeserved praise (not even "it's a good system," just straight, "it's amazing, fantastic, worth ever penny," etc. I don't even see the PS3, which is at it's prime, get the kind of praise Vita the magically does.. same goes for PS4).

Most games are single player based

Negative points on this plz.

I have a PC (with accounts/games on STEAM, ORIGIN and GOG), PS4, PSP, 3ds, DS, X360 and a vita... the vita is where I spent most of my playtime

This guy knows! :D

Plenty of Vita games are already playable both on PS3 and/or PS4, 

And here we go again...

I'm sorry for my language here but...

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS BULLSHIT?

Seriously, you are like 5th person I've seen claiming this.

If you mean Plenty of Vita games I WOULD WANT are already playable both on PS3 and/or PS4,  then that's something else and you should specify it.

For example, take a look at my Vita games on profile.

https://psnprofiles.com/SatoshiOokami&completion=all&order=played&pf=vita#content

There are 39 games. (no, definitely not Miku pun xD) From those, only Sine Mora, Lone Survivor, Rayman, TWD, Miku. Aabs Animals, Sound Shapes, Velocity Ultra and S;G, that is 9, less than 25% are on PS3/PS4.

And that is only my profile. This is definitely NOT plenty as you claim ;)

Negative points on this plz.

And here we go again...

I'm sorry for my language here but...

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS BULLSHIT?

Seriously, you are like 5th person I've seen claiming this.

If you mean Plenty of Vita games I WOULD WANT are already playable both on PS3 and/or PS4,  then that's something else and you should specify it.

For example, take a look at my Vita games on profile.

https://psnprofiles.com/SatoshiOokami&completion=all&order=played&pf=vita#content

There are 39 games. (no, definitely not Miku pun xD) From those, only Sine Mora, Lone Survivor, Rayman, TWD, Miku. Aabs Animals, Sound Shapes, Velocity Ultra and S;G, that is 9, less than 25% are on PS3/PS4.

And that is only my profile. This is definitely NOT plenty as you claim ;)

Compared to PS3, no.

Because it's true, although I was mostly considering PS3? You realize your profile is an inconsistent point, right? Using shared trophies as support towards how many games are playable on both systems is a flawed point, because a good amount of games playable on both systems do not share the same trophy list, therefore you won't see it alongside a on your profile. Dead Nation as one example, Jak and Daxter Collection as another example, Limbo as well, and Modnation Racers also.

But yeah, I noticed the "plenty" from a lot of free+ games having been cross buy/cross free on both systems from multiple PS+monthlys. This isn't even considering the general games that I knew about before PS+.

However, I do have to say for my earlier comments, I did forget to actually factor in old PSP games being playable on Vita. I forgot all about that, but from a system exclusive point of view, my point still stands- Vita is the most lacking in games (especially since PS3 has a large (larger?) capacity of RPGs, a genre ppl claim is Vita's strong suit and saving grace) of all current systems. 

P.S. Not trying to argue here, just strongly opinionated on this situation going on with the Vita. (So unfair how it gets more praise than the PS3 yo.)

Edited by inFAMOUS Precursor

Definitely was worth it.
I've played games like Gravity Rush, Killzone Mercenaries, Soul Sacrifice, Persona 4 Golden and more and loved every moment of them. Especially with games coming out like Persona 4 Dancing All Night, I can't wait to actually get more games for it (since I am lacking in the physical games for the Vita)

because PS3 definitely has the better game game library,

Says who? Why? And by what right? And why this should be correct for me too?

If I would have had my Vita bought before the PS3, I guess, I would have had more Vita-entries on my profile than PS3 entries.

And when my memorycard would be alive, I would now be a couchpotatoe and would play Atelier Rorona Plus, which I have bought on EU-JapanSale, even thought I have the original version for PS3, because it is a game that feels like it should be played on Vita.

I even dont know if Im ever going to complete Rorona on PS3 or if Im just going to hide it... lets see...

However, I do have to say for my earlier comments, I did forget to actually factor in old PSP games being playable on Vita. I forgot all about that, but from a system exclusive point of view, my point still stands- Vita is the most lacking in games (especially since PS3 has a large (larger?) capacity of RPGs, a genre ppl claim is Vita's strong suit and saving grace) of all current systems.

Buddy, you dont want to see my Amazon-Shoppinglist. Vita-RPGs are "spawning" way faster than I can buy it ... There is no time for playing them :P ... Well, but, yeah, please tell me when you can play... Neptunia U ... or... Criminal Girls ... or ... Danganronpa ... or whatever on PS3.

But, I guess I would play them on Vita anyway... somehow handheldgaming is more fun for me... and more relaxing... dunno :D

Oh, and... I had from Gameboy Pocket to AdvanceSP every Gameboy, but I skipped NDS.

Somewhen I picked up a 2DS, just for the Pokemon games. But I needed money, so I sold the 2DS.

Currently I have no plans in buying a N3DS. I also cancelled the wish to buy myself a WiiU. Why? Still no Pokemon.

... Other people have other opinions, you know? :) Its okay for me that for you a Nintendo-handheld is better than a Vita, but you should also accept that there are people who love their Vita. :)

Aww, my poor sweet Vita-chan... next week you will get a new memorycard ♥♥♥

Because it's true, although I was mostly considering PS3? You realize your profile is an inconsistent point, right? Using shared trophies as support towards how many games are playable on both systems is a flawed point, because a good amount of games playable on both systems do not share the same trophy list, therefore you won't see it alongside a on your profile. Dead Nation as one example, Jak and Daxter Collection as another example, Limbo as well, and Modnation Racers also.

Um... man, have you actually checked it and then you know... read my post?

I stated 9 games because they are the only ones that have PS3/PS4 version. Check the link again. Only Velocity and Lone Survivor are shared trophy lists.

The other mentioned games have different list. Therefore ONLY 9 of those games are available on other systems.

Also, I never talked about other games you posted ;) That brings me back to 

But yeah, I noticed the "plenty" from a lot of free+ games having been cross buy/cross free on both systems from multiple PS+monthlys. This isn't even considering the general games that I knew about before PS+.

Of course. This is correct, but that's not what we were talking about ;)

I'm also not trying to argue or badmouth you, but your arguments are flawed in this case :)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I love it when the minority think they opinion is the majority. When a console maker stops making games for their own console, you know the console is in trouble. Third party is nice but if it's one sided, the console will start to fail. The Vita has failed to meet Sony's exceptions and you people must accept that. The Vita is well worth it for the hardware but without kick variety or Sony exclusives, it will die. 

EDIT: If you think I'm lying, then answer these two questions:

1. Where are Sony exclusives?

2. Why would Sony port Vita exclusives to the PS4 , wouldn't their want to make a good identify for their handheld? 

Edited by 3DS Master Race

Whatever the reasons you got it initially... do you feel like it was worth it?  Reading some topics around here, it sounds like Sony is kind of ignoring the system as of late.  Does this lack of activity make you feel like it was any less worth it?  Do you think it'll have a comeback at some point?  Would you recommend the Vita to someone on the fence?

I believe the vita is worth it for me because I travel around. I'm going on holiday next week, so I will definitely take it with me. I'm not too worried about the lack of first-party activity for now. I'm just waiting for the Gravity Rush 2 news. I will hold off on my opinions until then, so.....

I would only recommend the vita for someone who travels a lot (holiday, work, etc.), someone who's into new experiences, for someone who owned a PSP before, or someone who loves JRPGs or wants to get into the genre. 

So, the vita's worth depends on the person and their life situations! :D (You know it's okay, guys! We can all have different opinions.)

• Like 1

Sales guarantee us a new handheld in the future

So poor sales = no new sony handheld = moar games for Vita........ well i'm okay with that  :awesome:

Kidding aside, as long as there are games that I want to play on Vita I don't really care about sales. 

I don't know about you but I buy consoles for their games, not because something is popular. PS4 is selling really good but there are like 2-3 games that interest me. Should I buy it? I don't think so.

It all depends on personal taste

Edited by Rollers23
  • Like 1

As I tend to use it on my way to work and back, as well as when I'm traveling in general, it was worth buying it. If I wouldn't like J-Games though, I would probably not have bought it, as most of my Vita games consist of J-Games.

Bottom line is, the Vita has good games. Now,.. if it has enough of the type of games you enjoy, only you'll know. And the best way to find that out is to check out a list of vita games and see if the titles available float your boat. It's simple really...

So poor sales = no new sony handheld = moar games for Vita........ well i'm okay with that  :awesome:

Kidding aside, as long as there are games that I want to play on Vita I don't really care about sales. 

I don't know about you but I buy consoles for their games, not because something is popular. PS4 is selling really good but there are like 2-3 games that interest me. Should I buy it? I don't think so.

It all depends on personal taste

You do know that if sales of the vita stall in Japan, developers will move onto the next best thing? Of course I buy my consoles for gaming purposes, also no need to bring popularity into this. That's your opinion and I respect it, but the matter at hand is the Vita was released for intentional purposes, not just for you or me. Personal taste is good but when it don't bring back money in the business world, it's a sign that it's failing. 

Personal taste is good but when it don't bring back money in the business world, it's a sign that it's failing. 

Uhhh... I don't really understand this statement. How can personal taste "fail" and what does it have to do with business? Could you please elaborate what do you mean. :D

Vita was released for intentional purposes, not just for you or me.

So what? If other people aren't intrested in Vita then it's sony's problem, not mine ;) 

Why is this still a debate, It's about one's taste in games, if you like JRPGs, Indie games then look no further Vita is the perfect machine for them. If you're looking for your usual Triple A quality games on consoles you won't find many on it. Case closed, because at the end of the day PS VITA is NOT for everyone.

Edited by drag0n2
  • Like 1

Why is this still a debate, It's about one's taste in games, if you like JRPGs, Indie games then look no further Vita is the perfect machine for them. If you're looking for your usual Triple A quality games on consoles you won't find many on it. Case closed, because at the end of the day PS VITA is NOT for everyone.

Someone understands what I was saying before.

I spend more time on my Vita than the PS4 and Nintendo handhelds and on par with my PS3.

It was worth it to me. This thread is about whether or not it was worth it to the individual. Trying to say that one person represents anyone other than themselves is not what this thread is about. And now I leave again.

homer-hiding-1374842711.gif

• Like 1

I love when western people think they are important.

When did anyone say that? Also considering the west pushes sales for consoles of all kind big time, I would say their likes and dislikes are just as important. 

Eh, hard to say.

I originally bought it for Gravity Rush and games that could only be found on the VITA.  Sadly it was abandoned quite early and transformed into a peripheral.  I love me some JRPGs from time to time, but this is all this machine runs recently.

I'd say no even though my trophies say yes.

Used to be but they don't sell any good games on it no more :(

And what exactly is a good game to you? :huh:

Does it have to have a big "Triple A" budget that takes half a decade to make with hundreds of people working on it? Or can a game be good no matter the development cost and size of the development team?

If you believe the latter then there have been good games, even great games that have released for the system recently and more coming in the near future, a lot of which are exclusive to the Vita. I'm currently looking forward to Danganronpa Another Episode and Persona 4 Dancing All Night. Sure they're niche games and wont sell like crazy but that doesn't mean that they'll be bad. Also, I have quite the backlog of Vita games that I have yet to play and will easily keep me occupied for years to come. Of course, your idea of a "good game" all depends on the kinds of games you like but looking at your profile, it seems that you aren't a stranger to Japanese games which is what the Vita specializes in.

What I'm trying to say is that the people who say "THE VITA HAZ NO GAMES!" are talking out of their butt, you just need to pay attention to the games that do come out for it. Just don't go expecting huge "Triple A" games or a lot of stuff from the West and I'm sure you'll find something that you will enjoy.  :)