Was your Vita worth it?

PleaseHoldOn

I was thinking about getting one. It's €180 with the Lego Bundle. Would people recommend it for someone who has no interest in Japanese games?

Yes, I would. I'm not into "typical" Japanese stuff, but I still love it. But in your case I'm not so sure, you seem very much into wedtern mainstream "action" thing like FPS and racers. But there is the latest FIFA and Killzone and Unit 13 for your action needs. I still think you should check it out.

I love it when the minority think they opinion is the majority. When a console maker stops making games for their own console, you know the console is in trouble. Third party is nice but if it's one sided, the console will start to fail. The Vita has failed to meet Sony's exceptions and you people must accept that. The Vita is well worth it for the hardware but without kick variety or Sony exclusives, it will die. 

EDIT: If you think I'm lying, then answer these two questions:

1. Where are Sony exclusives?

2. Why would Sony port Vita exclusives to the PS4 , wouldn't their want to make a good identify for their handheld? 

More like the Vita was released in the midst of a huge crisis within Sony. They were on the verge of bankruptcy and could not sustain the business model.

When did anyone say that? Also considering the west pushes sales for consoles of all kind big time, I would say their likes and dislikes are just as important. 

You are presenting opinions, you are western, therefore you think western are important.

West pushes consoles but not handhelds.

You are presenting opinions, you are western, therefore you think western are important.

Yes, I give my views on the console's lively hood and nothing else. I didn't try to force it on anyone and if you feel like I did, I'm sorry for that. Me being western or living in a western country wouldn't alter my views on something I see, only people who are too wrapped up in that stuff think like that. My views are just as important as yours, persuade me or give me proof the console has life then I'll drop this subject. 

West pushes consoles but not handhelds.

I think Japan just recently hit 4 million vita users and there is rumoured to be 10 millions in the wild, I'm guessing the west may have a hand in the 6 million console sales?

So they went through with a plan that may or may not work out? How long are they going to wait, it's the Vita's 4th birthday in a couple of months. I'm not trying to persuade anyone to not buy a Vita but I'm not going to lie to them either. 

I think my vita was worth it tbh even though I bought a PS TV not too long ago. I saved up all of my money until my birthday (which was this year) and bought my Vita. I loved everything about it, especially the games I could never play but now I can play thanks to having it.

I'm sure I'll still use my Vita even though I have my PS TV now.

Absolutely - ive gotten a ton of use from my vita, and the calue of it has acually increased later in life as it became indie focussed (which i like) and even more when it became a remote play device for my PS4 as well as a console in its own right.

All those gaming hours over the years for £250? Bargain! :)

I think Japan just recently hit 4 million vita users and there is rumoured to be 10 millions in the wild, I'm guessing the west may have a hand in the 6 million console sales?

Apparently the world only consists of Japan and the West............

Asia and the middle east doesn't exist

Apparently the world only consists of Japan and the West............

Asia and the middle east doesn't exist

I recall me saying: 

I think Japan just recently hit 4 million vita users and there is rumoured to be 10 millions in the wild, I'm guessing the west MAY have a hand in the 6 million console sales?

Explain to me how I was implying that Asia and the Middle East doesn't exist? Please, just stop? 

Including "may" or not, the problem lies in how you phrased it. I'm sorry if I sounded rude myself but the way you said it does give off the impression "it's all thanks to the West" kind of feeling

Edited by Risr1s

So they went through with a plan that may or may not work out? How long are they going to wait, it's the Vita's 4th birthday in a couple of months. I'm not trying to persuade anyone to not buy a Vita but I'm not going to lie to them either. 

You mean the current plan or the original plan?

Either way, there wont be any revival. This is it. This is about minimizing costs and risk in a time were Sony cannot take much risks. You otherwise don't pour money in a 5 year business platform project in an area with very stiff competition that requires dedication to reap the rewards and then go effectively terminate it just a year after release. I strongly encourage you to read my linked post if you didn't do that.

Yes that's true, but have do you even own a Vita? I have seen some of the 3rd party games on Vita that are also on PS3 and Steam, but the Vita makes up for that with how many exclusives it has.

Example, like Uncharded Golden Abyss, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, and Killzone Mercenary. Those are only a few and are the more popular ones most people know about.

There are a lot of Japanese 3red part games like the Project Diva series, and the Hyperdimension series. There are a lot of great games I can guarantee if you look you will find a game that interest you, and who knows, maybe it'll be a favorite ^_^

Exclusives aside, I have had nothing but fun playing the Vita! The screen is nice and wide, the two analog sticks are great, the back touch screen is kinda weird.

The graphics the Vita can handle is quite impressive, WipEout 2048 looks amazing.

Now if you're really into PS3/PS4 and don't care or you're into handhelds and what theVita has to offer. Then stick to consols by all means.

I once considered buying a VITA. My problem with it, is that most of it's exclusives are not that exclusive. From the 3 you mentioned, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time is not even an exclusive. I've played it on my PS3. Golden Abyss is just an ok Uncharted which I've already played enough on console. So yeah, it's an exclusive but I'm not missing much. And I think I can say the same for Killzone Mercenary.

I agree the VITA has great games and graphics, but nothing that I can't find elsewhere. And it's not that I'm not into handhelds. But already owning a PS3, PS4, Wii U, 3DS and use Steam, there is nothing the VITA itself can offer that is unique. The 3DS on the other hand has entire franchises that you can't play elsewhere. Like Pokemon and Fire Emblem. I think that's the VITA's biggest problem. It doesn't have any exclusive (worthwhile) franchises. Only exclusive entries of franchises I can play on console. 

• Like 2

The VITA is worth every penny.

- Great for when I am travelling or abroad.

- Great for lying in bed while using remote play.

I grew up on Nintendo Game & Watch games, so I naturally love hand held consoles, but it's the convenience factor of the VITA that I am in love with. So much so, I am buying another 2, for for children. 

Games wise, the lack of exclusives doesn't bother me.

Edited by Eshaal

• 2 weeks later...

While at home, surrounded by the PS3 and PS4, my Vita gets no love!

But when I'm out and about or choosing to actually utilize Remote Play, It is worth it!

I just wish there were more "branched" games made for it! By "branched" I mean, the big AAA titles that get a prequel or side story! For example AC:L, UC:GA, and the GoWs for PSP!

Yeah imo it was definitely worth it. I got to play some amazing games like Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Demon Gaze, and Ys Memories of Celceta. And I still have to play Tales of Hearts R, Danganronpa, Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair, Virtue's Last Reward, and Soul Sacrifice.

Though I rarely play it, I have bought a ton of RPG's for it. It's a system I want to play more, but sadly don't get round to much. So was it worth £155 it if I don't use it much? Well it came with Freedom Wars, Persona 4 Golden and FFX/X-2 (which I gave my brother as he really wanted it for the PSV, and I got his PS3 version). Definitely. I consider it an investment in fun and joy. I've already played a few games on it and enjoyed them, and I know I'll enjoy my backlog just as much ^^

All this japanese goodness on the PSVita makes it a no-brainer for me :3 If it were only indies that were being released I would have it sold it already a long time ago.

I even have two PSVita handhelds. One with PAL ID with 64gb card and the other with a JPN ID with 16gb card. And one Vita TV which was only 60 euro with 3 games (Killzone etc.).

Edited by XR-NOFEAR17