Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker transfarring and Trophies

:(

Lets start this thread by saying i've used no hacks, no cheats, no homebrewed firmwares.

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker has a feature called Transfarring ( yeah silly i know ) which allows you to take the save of mgspw from the ps3 and use it on the psp version of mgspw.

In doing this you can take your game on the go and then once your home send the save back to ps3 ( it locks the data on ps3 till you do this ) and pick up where you left off on psp, and still get trophies. Now its says in the game that you can't use a save IF it was made originally on the psp or on another ps3 and it will lock the ability to get trophies.

I used 1 ps3 save sent it to my psp and back and I got burned, no trophies have been had since I started using the psp.

I've done all the monster hunter missions and finished with S rank.

No trophy

I've done extra ops 068 and finished with S rank.

No trophy

Do not use the transfarring option unless you don't care about messing yourself up getting platinum.

IF i find out that somehow i made a mistake somehow in the tranfarring i will add to or edit this to reflect that it was my fault.

Happy trophy hunting and know that I still think Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker is still an enjoyable game.

OK :blush:

I now know what happened and why my trophies got locked after using the ps3 tranfarring method to send my save to the psp and back and its so simple it makes me feel bad.

I used the transfarring to send the save to psp and played only that save from ps3 on it. Once I was done I used the transfarring again to send my save back to the ps3.

On the ps3 I had the option of using the save I just tranfarred over to the ps3 and I must of not done so cause afterwards I noticed I had 2 saves on the ps3, one having a BIG T for transfarring.

If you are playing Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and are using the Transfarring you should not see 2 saves if you do the save without a T is not going to be able to aquire trophies.

Sorry if I got everyone all worked up. :(

But I am back to trophy collecting in msgpw ( which I still played even without knowing if I could get any more trophies )

I'm glad. Now I can calm down, Linux. You had me all worked up... now I can rest easy :)

Its great news that you got it all sorted out! DEATH TO TROPHY GLITCHES! Perhaps they should have been a little more informative with how the saves worked... this will happen to lots of people, I fear.