Do you care about having complete series on your profile?

PleaseHoldOn

Complete game series on your profile...  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care?

• Yes. It's all I think about!
    • No. Not even a little bit!

To put it simply, would it bother you at all if you had a game like Fallout 4 on your profile (or platinum'd) but not Fallout 3/New Vegas?

Personally, I do kind of care.  Obviously, the poll answers are half joking... it's not "all I think about"... but looking at my own profile, for example, I have an itch to get Grand Theft Auto IV to even that franchise out.  It'd be impossible to get GTA1, 2, 3, Vice City and San Andreas out there because they aren't on the PS3 and/or don't have trophy support... so having GTA IV and V would be enough to scratch it.

Then again, some might say I have a few too many quirks when it comes to this stuff.  But am I alone here? xD

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Kind of, but not really. I'm in a weird situation where I own a PS3, and my brother owns a 360. So sometimes we'll get games of the same series separated on the 2 consoles. For example, I have Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite on my PS3. But my brother found Bioshock 2 for really cheap on 360. Even though Bioshock is my favorite game series, I won't buy Bioshock 2 on my PS3 just to have them all there, since I already played it.

I have thought about it though, but then I look at all the games I still want to finish first, and decide against it.

I used to think about it a little, but there are too many games I'd rather play than worry about making sure I get to every game in a series, especially if I don't love playing them.

I don't think your feeling is that uncommon for people who are into collecting trophies though.

I'd like to have complete series on my profile, I'm getting there with a few series (namely Assassin's Creed and Uncharted)

There are a few games though where I don't care enough to play the rest of the games in the series (I'm looking at you Crysis)

I had this whole idea in my mind that I would like to have platinum's in all the Lego games but I got so burnt out on them and there are so many that I don't care about enough to play, especially when there are game series I've not even tried out yet (like Bioshock)

• Like 2

It depends on the series. I have to enjoy the series of course. Getting burned out doesn't help either. I have all the Assassin's Creed games up to Black Flag. After that I really just got tired of them and haven't bothered with them.

I have Sly 1 and Thieves in Time both on my profile, but I don't have a drive to get 2 and 3. I didn't enjoy them enough to buy the others. I'd play them if they are ever free on PS+ though.

Finally you have Final Fantasy. I have all of them (except XIV because I'm not about to pay for a subscription) and I plan on getting all of them that come out in the future because I love the series. So for me it varies.

• Like 1

For the most part, no. There are certain series that I wanted to plat the entire series, but only specific ones. 

As for just playing games, I just care that I played them. It doesn't all have to be on PS systems, and appear on my profile. I've played plenty of games from the same series across multiple platforms (like the Naruto UNS series, the Resident Evil Series, and the Warriors series), and I don't feel especially compelled to play them again, just to have them on my profile. If I do feel like playing through a game again, then trophies are a good excuse, but it doesn't bother me that they're not on there now.

I like having complete series on my profile but, it do sent bother me not having some completed for example Farcry, I have Farcry 1, 3 and 4 done but haven't even played Farcry 2 because of its ridiculous trophy set.

Edited by cuckie

Yes. Generally if I start a new series, I'll work towards completing the rest of that series to the best of my ability, stacked platinums and all. I'd have to have a really bad first impression of a series to do otherwise.

I won't touch games in the series with impossible trophies, though. Whether that's due to glitches or disabled servers. I'm almost certainly never going to reach 100% completion anyway, but I'd hate to know that I absolutely never could no matter what I do.

• Like 1

While I do wish to play every game from a series to receive the best experience from it, as I'm currently doing it with God of War right now, I wouldn't go that far such as pre-ordering a game (using Fallout 4 or any other new releases as example) or holding my already enormous backlog of games to play each game from the series in the "correct" sequence.

And since the poll choices are half joking then I'm picking yes, but it's not all I think about when I play. :shakefist:  

I don't really care if the complete series are on my profile or not , the only way i'll ever regret not having the complete series is whenever i've played a really cool franchise and never had the chance to play the previously games. 

For the most part, yes.  It's my intention to "complete the loop" of each game series that interests me - but i use the game's inner dialogue to judge.  Mortal Kombat X took residence on my profile because, generally speaking, the mechanics are front and centre and the predecessors are made redundant mechanically. Same with Madden 15, I'll play 16 et al but will never go back to 25, 13, etc.

Final Fantasy (for the most part) or Grand Theft Auto are self contained entries each time and the numbers mean little.  I will eventually have them all there, but will jump between entries out of sequence.

Series like Metal Gear Solid, I intend to play in chronological order because I've had prior experience of playing them in release order - to see if I gain anything new perspective wise from doing that.  I'll looking forward to completing the Phantom Pain and then jumping straight to Metal Gear Solid (no trophies however).

• Like 1

Depends on the series, but all I care about is that I played the game, not that it appears on my profile.

It depends on the series. I have to enjoy the series of course. Getting burned out doesn't help either. I have all the Assassin's Creed games up to Black Flag. After that I really just got tired of them and haven't bothered with them.

This, this and this many times over. Still don't understand how Ubisoft hasn't had enough of the franchise.

I had this whole idea in my mind that I would like to have platinum's in all the Lego games but I got so burnt out on them and there are so many that I don't care about enough to play, especially when there are game series I've not even tried out yet (like Bioshock)

After having been very pleasantly surprised by the LEGO Harry Potter games, I considered doing this too, but as there aren't that many LEGO games of franchises I like and they're all very similar, I decided to just stick to my favorites. As for now, that's Harry Potter and Marvel.

Edited by jrdemr

I would vote a midterm option, if there was one. I do care about having full collections on my profile, but I can live without having the chance of one (Resistance comes to mind, I got Burning Skies and 3 done, but 2 is impossible at this point).

Come join the Far Cry 2 dark side, it's not that bad.....honest  ;)

Currently working on it and I agree, it isn't that bad.

Edited by TheYuriG

It depends on how invested I am to the series. For instance, it bothers me that I haven't finished up Disgaea 4 yet, although I plan on getting it once I empty up some of my backlog. However, having Infamous 2 completed without Infamous isn't really bothering me; I may get around to playing it since I have it hiding somewhere, but it's really low on my to-do list.

Nope, due to many reasons and here at least four of them.

1- did played the previous entry on the PS2 or on any different platform, such as Jak and Daxter, Sly thefts in time.

2- way too hard to plat one of the games on the series ( due to online trophies ) etc. games like, Resistance 2, Sonic and sega all star racing.

3- horrible sequel or spin-off I don't want to get, like, RE operation raccoon city, Batman arkham Origins.

4- Game series that it's sequel ended up on a completely different platform that I'm not interested in at all, like okami for an example.

though, I would like to buy the rest of Jak, Sly and ratchet and clank HD Remasters, to play them again.

Not necessarily on my profile by I just like to playthrough entire series in general...so I'm not missing anything in terms of plot and can tell the difference/advancements between each entry. I bought Mass Effect 2 & 3  and waited quite awhile for Mass Effect 1 to finally come to PS3 before starting any of them. It really bugs me when developers release a game mid-series on to a console...why the heck would they think owners of that console would want to start playing well into the game's plot?!

Same here. I kept up with Assassin's Creed games from the beginning but after completing AC3 I just stopped caring.