Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A1rPun

Multiplayer tips (Online champ)

15 posts in this topic

Hey trophyhunters,

Yesterday I achieved my last online trophy for the game and I want to share a couple of things that future readers will help.

A thing to note here is that I have the LBP Karting digital version (the one from Playstation Plus) and I played with someone with a retail version.

Steps we took:

• (optional) Queue 25 different levels. I'm not sure if queue makes any difference but I did it on karting.lbp.me AND in the game itself.
  • Invite friend or Accept join request (doesn't matter)
  • Play 25 levels (from queue). Choose "play online" (the guide states "play on our own" so I think this doesn't matter). If you both need the trophy you can play a level twice by selecting "replay level".
  • After you have won 25 levels just stay in the matchmaking, vote on any level.
  • You should get your trophy before the next race even starts (in countdown)!

Other things to note:

• The pink "Unofficial" sign above the standings doesn't matter at all, ignore it.
  • You can play either 1sec levels or 1lap levels. They all count.
  • The karting.lbp.me stats on your profile page doesn't update properly. I've got my platinum and the site says I've won 15 times.
  • The servers are very instable, if you manage to disconnect every time you try to play a level then you need to try it again some other time.

For the other online trophies I suggest looking at the trophy guide for LBPKarting, here on PSNProfiles.

Edited by A1rPun

Sadly I have 88 online wins and 241 completed online races (according to karting.lbp.me) and this trophy will not pop for me.  :(

I have that trophy. I'm missing the trophy for 25 online wins. I have even tried boosting, with no success. I have won 25 unique levels with human players.

Me and another player queued up 25 unique levels and swapped turns winning. Before I started that, it showed I had 85 wins. After, it shows 88 wins. 

I Gave Up!

If someone wants to do it, i have the digital uk version, it's missing this trophy for me cause i didn't found anyone to do it yet 

xMisFitToyx, if you change your mind plz let me know  B)

Did you guys try staying in the matchmaking? I had more than 40 wins and all I do was do a race and get back to pod... until we stayed for another race. It popped immediately in the next race.

5a2f43.jpg

@MrSwagtwiceover: Thank you for making the guide but I've found your way too complicated to set up. You say you MUST choose "play on our own" but that doesn't matter I think because I only chose "play online".

Edited by A1rPun

Don't look at the website to count your number of online wins, because it even counts races in story mode and community levels you play on your own. The best racers in this game are the best drifters - if you can learn to drift 99% of the time, you will beat most racers. Other tips: don't use weapons too early, keep them for defense, then use them, otherwise you will likely get blown up. If you get a fast forward, use it just before a jump and it takes you REALLY far. Sometimes in online races I have even deliberately hung back to try and get great weapons (usually FF, but sometimes boxing gloves)... however, it sometimes doesn't work as great when you're given toy fireworks, which is a crap weapon.

That is a good way to earn that trophy legit @squidward32 :D But this thread was dedicated to the boosting part.

Today I set up with a friend of mine in order to get this trophy, but everytime we tried to play a match "on our own" or "online" from either our pods the guest was kicked back to his pod instead. Moreover after we tried a few times the game didn't let us choose how to play the level anymore, it was just launching it direclty online.

Therefore we were able to play 1 level every 30 try or so becuase the matchmaking is broken for "some problems". God it's been awful.  :angry:  :angry:

I had the worst online experience of my entire life today; we played for 7 hours straight and we were only able to complete and win 19 races each !! 

Just few minutes ago I tried to play with my second account only to discover that it was possible to select how to play the levels again. I don't know what to think, I'm shocked.

Probably I'll borrow a ps3 from a friend of mine this week and I'll start boosting with two consoles by myself.

I'm going to get this trophy!! I don't care how much time I have to put into it.

I have a question though, we were able to play with each other sending invites in the match, nothing else worked for us.

Is it possible to do it if I'm playing the game by myself ? I mean, can I invite a friend in my match If I choose "play by myself" at the launch of the level itself ?

And I've noticed that after I finish a 1 sec (like any other kind) level there are the devs levels to choose from in the screen, do they count towards the trophy ? Or can I put htere the levels I actually need instead of these useless dev levels ?

I'm just really pissed I'm sorry guys. I hope you can help me.

I have a question though, we were able to play with each other sending invites in the match, nothing else worked for us.

Is it possible to do it if I'm playing the game by myself ? I mean, can I invite a friend in my match If I choose "play by myself" at the launch of the level itself ?

And I've noticed that after I finish a 1 sec (like any other kind) level there are the devs levels to choose from in the screen, do they count towards the trophy ? Or can I put htere the levels I actually need instead of these useless dev levels ?

I'm just really pissed I'm sorry guys. I hope you can help me.

Hey man I'm sorry to hear about your online frustration with this trophy, it really is a pain. The dev levels you mention are just picked by devs or just popular levels (if I recall correctly). I think every level counts towards the trophy. To play a couple of 1sec levels atfer eachother without too much waiting you should queue up some levels, you can't decide which levels will be showed at the end of the level.

I'm don't think you can get this trophy by yourself because you will be in some sort of pre-lobby when you start a match this way.

Thanks a lot for this thread. Just got the trophy and in my case I had to win a legit race and then the matchmaking stuff.

I finally got Online Champ; this trophy has been my arch nemesis for way too long, I'm finally done with it.

Naturally @A1rPun and @MrSwagtwiceover will always have my thanks for their tips and the guide itself. Thank you to my boosting partner as well, I'm sure you'll find someone who helps you, I'm too full of LBPK right now.

I was lucky enough to get Online Champ with a minimum of problems, but the servers have gotten worse: it disconnected on me at least three or four times and it wouldn't connect to levels when I was trying to help a friend boost.

The voting boxes at the end of a race seem to suggest if the match counted or not. If it's full of checkboxes then nope. If not then vote for a level. This will keep you on a streak and will continue to provide matches that count.

My boosting partner got lucky and we finished his trophy. Alas it feels like I'm on my 200th attempt and it still has not popped.

Edited by BlackJudas77