Extra Effort SOLO Trophy Guide

SRS_77_Awesum

Okay so Basically I earned Extra Effort just a while ago. I did It Solo after 2 days of boosting with PSN friend: Masius 93. So whilst we were talking he linked me to True Achievements. And I saw a couple of solutions over there. Link : http://www.trueachievements.com/a190201/extra-effort-achievement.htm 

The first Solution Has a Quoted Paragraph submitted by User "keung360". It talks about making a player ; a MAX HEIGHT 99 Rated ST and a MIN HEIGHT 1 Rated GK. I created Both of them and placed the striker In FC Barcelona and the GK in Athletic Bilbao (GF is a Real Madrid Fan :P  :wub::eyebrow:   :facepalm: ) Anyway I started using Various Methods:

#1) Tried a method where keeping the ST still and making the GK run into him (Failed most of the time. Animation wasn't even close)

#2) Another method I got from the Link Above was trying to Make the ST fall over the GK and then shoot (Nope,Nothing Again)

#3) The method shown on most guides which is Tackling the Goalie. (Successful)

So why I say SOLO is because I'm the only "Kid" in the house. So nobody else plays games -_-. My Solo Method went like this in the end.

Controller 1: Your main controller with your team. (FC Barcelona)

Controller 2: Second Team with the GK (Athletic Bilbao)

Method: Place controller 2 down on a flat surface (Mine was a table) Facing STRAIGHT ahead. Controller 1 should be in your left/Right hands. Now use controller one above controller 2 but slightly on the left (I'm Right handed so this suited me).

With this I was able to Use both controllers Normally (Bringing the ball back to the keeper , from corners etc). Now when your GK is towards the post closest to the bottom of your tv, Position BOTH the ST and the GK in the same Virtual Vertical line.

Then get ready with controller one (should be just above controller 2) and MOVE YOUR ST First (its a split second thing) and using my right hand (The underside of it that is sticking out from controller one ) I moved the GK. If your controller is straight its easier to move the keeper in a diagonal Direction. and Tackle. So when You're Just about to reach him after running (GK is moving at a slow pace because your hand is just touching the left analogue stick, Your ST on the other hand has ground to catch up on so he has to run) Press L2 and Square and then immediately Circle. If done right it should make the keeper Fall over you and activate the animation.

PS: It took me a good 5 Hours to fully learn and understand this method. You'll know you're getting closer to it when you tackle and almost get it right Multiple Times. Just Keep on going. I once Activated the animation and my 99 ST missed the ball from under him. The second time I scored but it was disallowed because of a foul. My ST missed the ball one more time before finally scoring. All this happened within 30-40 Mins of My  :platinum: .

Umm I did save the video of me doing it but i've never Uploaded anything from my PS4 Lol. I'll try to soon and link my video. Hope this helps the Solo players that don't have a good connection and don't have anyone to help them :).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I managed to pick up this trophy the other day. Just had to fiddle with the sliders*, then used Real Madrid in a 4-1-4-1 Park the Bus, with Ronaldo upfront, on lowest difficulty. I just kept running straight at the keeper, then turning a 90° angle just as you reach him. It took a hell of a lot of tries (I was at the 63rd minute of a game set to 20min halves), but the point is, the keeper clips your feet, but doesn't make contact with the ball, so you land next to the ball, and can mash shoot, hoping that the animation goes off. Sometimes you'll just round the keeper without him diving for it, sometimes he'll push the ball away, sometimes he'll foul you (2 goalkeepers were sent off before I got it to work) and sometimes you'll land on the ball and push it away. It's not a foolproof method, the trophy is indeed a bitch, but it's how I got it within one 20min halves game.

* For the sliders, I put my teams speed and acceleration to max, shooting error to minimum, then the AI's speed and acceleration to minimum, pass error to maximum, and goalkeeping ability to minimum. 

Edited by Baggers
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Does anyone have some additional tips for getting this trophy?

Specifically, I am having a lot of difficulty simply getting the animation to trigger. 

I can get my striker on the ground with the ball in the right position. However, he either stands up and then scores the goal, or fails to attempt a shot at all.

So far I have spent a fair amount of time attempting both methods (slide tackling the goalie, goalie tripping the striker) without success. 

I have also tried min/max editing the striker and goalie stats, as suggested, along with tweaking the sliders.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated at this point.

• 1 month later...

Let me start off saying that this trophy sucks donkey butt. Easily one of the most frustrating trophies. However, I'm glad I finally unlocked the trophy and platted the game. Here's the strategy I used. It's not my video; I happened to find it. It requires two controllers. The guy lays out the player edits and game settings nicely in the video, and he has a written guide in the description on how to position your player and controller, as well as the GK and his controller on a flat surface. Hope this helps out some of you!

Link

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 3:05 PM, harsly said:

Woohoo, I just got this trophy after trying for about an hour and a half, and then after 15 minutes of using the following method*.

*I have only found this method mentioned in a comment section (don't remember where, sorry), and I have seen no videos using it so there's a high probability that you haven't tried it yet!

I really don't feel like getting it again so there will be no video, just a text guide (you certainly don't have to follow 100% accurately, but maybe it's a good idea that you do):

The method is solo (but even better if you have a partner) / 2 controllers are required.

1) Main Menu -> Customise -> Edit player

*You have to edit the player on the account of the second controller (the one you will control the goalkeeper on).

2) England -> Football League 2 -> Accrington -> Edit the GK S.Davies -> Everything in every category to 1, except aggression to 99 -> Exit

3) Play -> Kick-off

4) SET YOUR CONTROL METHOD TO TWO BUTTON

5) Choose PSG and Accrington for your second controller

6) Press :triangle: to apply offline squads

7) Team management -> Change PSG formation to 4-5-1 -> replace Ibrahimovic and Cavani

8) Game settings -> Beginner-20 min

9) Change the USER GAMEPLAY CUSTOMISATION :

• Sprint Speed to 25
  • Acceleration to 100
  • Shot speed to 100
  • Power bar to 0
  • First touch control error to 0

10) So now basically what you do is get the ball to the GK with Accrington. Since you're using TWO BUTTON, the circle is a sliding tackle AS WELL AS SHOOT. Stand with Ibrahimovic not too far from the GK and spam :circle: so that Ibrahimovic begins tackling the ground. While you are tackling the ground SLOWLY approach Ibra with the GK and don't stop spamming :circle:. The GK will collide with ibra and they should both fall to the ground at around the same space. Sooner or later the ball should stay near enough after the tackle so that you will kick it from the ground.

Another thing you can do to mix things up so that you don't get too bored is: Slowly run with the GK out of goal. Approach the GK with Ibrahimovic at a 45 degree angle from behind and try to perform the sliding tackle where you keep the ball (demonstration here). Just keep smashing shoot.

I got the trophy using the first method after about 15 minutes and it really felt like I was really close to getting it most of the time, unlike some other methods.

Good luck everyone and please report if this worked for you. :D

This actually worked the very first time i tried it. I just had Ibra keep flailing around and brought the goalie up to him. Easy. Great job and thank you so much for sharing this method with us :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2017 at 6:05 AM, harsly said:

On 23/11/2017 at 5:02 AM, Andrea said:

This actually worked the very first time i tried it. I just had Ibra keep flailing around and brought the goalie up to him. Easy. Great job and thank you so much for sharing this method with us :)

Congrats on getting the plat.
I must be doing something wrong been trying this method for close to three hours and don't even look close to getting it. On top of the 40+ hours I spent when this game came out its safe to say this will always be one that got away from me.

Edited by fisty123

• 10 months later...
On 01/11/2017 at 5:05 PM, harsly said:

Woohoo, I just got this trophy after trying for about an hour and a half, and then after 15 minutes of using the following method*.

*I have only found this method mentioned in a comment section (don't remember where, sorry), and I have seen no videos using it so there's a high probability that you haven't tried it yet!

I really don't feel like getting it again so there will be no video, just a text guide (you certainly don't have to follow 100% accurately, but maybe it's a good idea that you do):

The method is solo (but even better if you have a partner) / 2 controllers are required.

*You have to edit the player on the account of the second controller (the one you will control the goalkeeper on).

2) England -> Football League 2 -> Accrington -> Edit the GK S.Davies -> Everything in every category to 1, except aggression to 99 -> Exit

3) Play -> Kick-off

7) Team management -> Change PSG formation to 4-5-1 -> replace Ibrahimovic and Cavani

• Sprint Speed to 25
  • Acceleration to 100
  • Shot speed to 100
  • Power bar to 0

10) So now basically what you do is get the ball to the GK with Accrington. Since you're using TWO BUTTON, the circle is a sliding tackle AS WELL AS SHOOT. Stand with Ibrahimovic not too far from the GK and spam :circle: so that Ibrahimovic begins tackling the ground. While you are tackling the ground SLOWLY approach Ibra with the GK and don't stop spamming :circle:. The GK will collide with ibra and they should both fall to the ground at around the same space. Sooner or later the ball should stay near enough after the tackle so that you will kick it from the ground.

Another thing you can do to mix things up so that you don't get too bored is: Slowly run with the GK out of goal. Approach the GK with Ibrahimovic at a 45 degree angle from behind and try to perform the sliding tackle where you keep the ball (demonstration here). Just keep smashing shoot.

I got the trophy using the first method after about 15 minutes and it really felt like I was really close to getting it most of the time, unlike some other methods.

Took me more or less one hour, and I got controlled defending along the way. Thanks a lot :D

• 1 year later...
On 02.11.2017 at 0:05 AM, harsly said:

3) Play -> Kick-off

• Sprint Speed to 25
  • Acceleration to 100
  • Shot speed to 100
  • Power bar to 0

bro, thanks, I couldn’t do this for years, your post helped me do it in 15 minutes! THANKS!

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2017 at 8:05 PM, harsly said:

3) Play -> Kick-off

• Sprint Speed to 25
  • Acceleration to 100
  • Shot speed to 100
  • Power bar to 0

Gave up on this trophy/platinum 5 years ago, then stumbled upon this thread/your comment. Tried it for half an hour and got the trophy! Scored the platinum as well! Thanks SO much man!!!!

• 1 month later...
On 1.11.2017 at 8:05 PM, harsly said:

3) Play -> Kick-off

• Sprint Speed to 25
  • Acceleration to 100
  • Shot speed to 100
  • Power bar to 0

Man...after 3rd try i get trophy. <3 Thank You. Plat at last.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 6:05 AM, harsly said:

Advanced issues found

?
On 11/2/2017 at 6:05 AM, harsly said:

3) Play -> Kick-off

• Sprint Speed to 25
  • Acceleration to 100
  • Shot speed to 100
  • Power bar to 0

You are a G!!!!

I stuck on that bs for years!

Edited by ZLAN19

• 6 months later...
On 01/11/2017 at 7:05 PM, harsly said:

3) Play -> Kick-off

• Sprint Speed to 25
  • Acceleration to 100
  • Shot speed to 100
  • Power bar to 0

You absolute hero. Finally got it after doing this some six years later!

• 2 months later...
On 01/11/2017 at 7:05 PM, harsly said:

3) Play -> Kick-off

• Sprint Speed to 25
  • Acceleration to 100
  • Shot speed to 100
  • Power bar to 0

Thank you for this. I had given up on this last trophy years ago. Took me about an hour but had youtube on at the same time so can't say I was really giving it much attention :D

• 2 months later...

Well, I've been trying to get this trophy for over four years, and I'm so close to giving up for good. What are my options? Any exploits? Or should I find another person that can help me through shareplay? I feel like I'm not even close to doing it successfully even though I follow the tips and tricks from people in this thread, YouTube videos, etc.. Hate trophies like these: 99 % luck.

• 1 year later...

Jeez man this is impossible. I’ve been one trophy away for 7 years ? Not had a go at this trophy since launch. But i’ve rented the game for the weekend to try and finish it off with this god awful trophy. Nope, absolutely no chance! ? I don’t even think i’ve got close to getting it.  

Edit: FINALLY! ? After a few hours or trying using the method above it wasn’t working. So i switched to Real Madrid and finally got it with Benzema. Don’t think it mattered in the slightest but it’s done after 7 years! 

Edited by Radford999

• 1 month later...
On 01/11/2017 at 8:05 PM, harsly said:

3) Play -> Kick-off

• Sprint Speed to 25
  • Acceleration to 100
  • Shot speed to 100
  • Power bar to 0

OMG after 8 years I finally got my plat with this tecnique!!! Took me 20 Minutes to get the hang of it! I can‘t believe it! Thanks so much??