Unobtainable?

Saltyie

Every trophy in Roundabout except the one for completing the game to 100% has been earned, is this trophy unobtainable? From my few hours of playtime, it seems like all the other trophies go through everything the player can do, so if someone has them, they should get 100%.

Edit: Actually, I didn't realise there're only around 100 owners of this game, which is probably the reason why a single player hasn't done everything yet. Hell, only one player has the 'Smoke and Mirrors' trophy, which requires you to drive a bus on an empty road with no obstacles for 8 hours straight.

Edited by Saltyie

Every trophy in Roundabout except the one for completing the game to 100% has been earned, is this trophy unobtainable? From my few hours of playtime, it seems like all the other trophies go through everything the player can do, so if someone has them, they should get 100%.

Edit: Actually, I didn't realise there're only around 100 owners of this game, which is probably the reason why a single player hasn't done everything yet. Hell, only one player has the 'Smoke and Mirrors' trophy, which requires you to drive a bus on an empty road with no obstacles for 8 hours straight.

Do u like the game? Is it fun? Is it like Crazy Taxi?

Im asking cause I saw on the ps store with very few info and the game looked lame. I did some research and found almost nothing about it, it looked strange, with acting included, I dont know!

Just curious!

Do u like the game? Is it fun? Is it like Crazy Taxi?

Im asking cause I saw on the ps store with very few info and the game looked lame. I did some research and found almost nothing about it, it looked strange, with acting included, I dont know!

Just curious!

Game is fun, I suppose some of the aesthetics are similar to Crazy Taxi, but the gameplay is different. You play a revolving limo and drive customers from different places depicted through purposefully bad acted cutscenes. The story is weird (and the actors are definitely amateurs or friends of the devs), the gameplay gets a little repetitive, but theres a lot of challenges and different mechanics introduced to keep it interesting. Is it the best Indie title available? No, but it definitely deserves more than 100 owners here :)

It's kind of hard to explain the gameplay, so take a look at these vids:

• Like 1

Game is fun, I suppose some of the aesthetics are similar to Crazy Taxi, but the gameplay is different. You play a revolving limo and drive customers from different places depicted through purposefully bad acted cutscenes. The story is weird (and the actors are definitely amateurs or friends of the devs), the gameplay gets a little repetitive, but theres a lot of challenges and different mechanics introduced to keep it interesting. Is it the best Indie title available? No, but it definitely deserves more than 100 owners here :)

It looks very crazy and funny. Thanks!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure theres a guide on steam somewhere

Maybe you missed something and can be first to 100% on psnp?

I checked everywhere for even a list of what exactly you have to do, but I can't find anything. I don't know what I can possibly be missing. There is another person who needs this last trophy to 100% the game as well, so it is a good chance that it is unobtainable on the PS4. 

I checked everywhere for even a list of what exactly you have to do, but I can't find anything. I don't know what I can possibly be missing. There is another person who needs this last trophy to 100% the game as well, so it is a good chance that it is unobtainable on the PS4. 

Fair enough!

I'll tweet the devs

How is the difficulty other than the glitch then?

Thanks for tweeting them.

I did it in 21 mins, so it wasn't that bad. Completing it without exploding is the hard part.

21 mins? what is it you have to do? beat the main story or...?

I really want to pick this up but the 8hr drive trophy made me hold off until enough people had gotten the trophies so i knew what i'd be in for...

I really want to pick this up but the 8hr drive trophy made me hold off until enough people had gotten the trophies so i knew what i'd be in for...

I've been looking at getting the "Smoke and Mirrors" trophy and have noticed a few things that might help out future players. Mainly that there is a way to earn the trophy in multiple sittings. While hitting the ps4 home button doesn't pause the game, placing your ps4 in "rest mode" does, as it suspends the software completely.

Position yourself on the opposite side of the road that you are leaning towards, quickly hit home, move to "rest mode" on your ps4 home screen, and you'll be set. Worked for me. Alternatively, you could wait until it comes out on Vita (cross buy) and more easily use the same trick there.

Kudos to the guys that did it legit though.

It's complete all the driving sessions, without the cut scenes.  

I've been looking at getting the "Smoke and Mirrors" trophy and have noticed a few things that might help out future players. Mainly that there is a way to earn the trophy in multiple sittings. While hitting the ps4 home button doesn't pause the game, placing your ps4 in "rest mode" does, as it suspends the software completely.

Position yourself on the opposite side of the road that you are leaning towards, quickly hit home, move to "rest mode" on your ps4 home screen, and you'll be set. Worked for me. Alternatively, you could wait until it comes out on Vita (cross buy) and more easily use the same trick there.

Kudos to the guys that did it legit though.

Problem with that you never know when it is going to switch which sides it leans on, you don't want be 6 hours in and then mess up. Good trick though. 

When the vita version comes out, it will definitely be easier because you could move around (use the bathroom). 

• Like 1

It's complete all the driving sessions, without the cut scenes.

Problem with that you never know when it is going to switch which sides it leans on, you don't want be 6 hours in and then mess up. Good trick though.

When the vita version comes out, it will definitely be easier because you could move around (use the bathroom).

Absolutely. I managed to have some luck with the rest mode trick on ps4, and only crashed when I tried surfing the web on my phone while playing (ugh) but I agree, if the "pull" physics swapped on me while I was putting it in rest mode I would have been screwed.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

As far as I know patch on PS4 made game impossible to 100%. Even if you do everything in the game, counter stops at 99. something. Someone playing this game on Vita could check if this has been fixed and/or game can be played unpatched. Will definitely keep an eye on this.