Games you disliked that everyone else likes

OnePieceDude

Street Fighter: Maybe because I'm so used to MK/Injustice mechanics, but I could never get into Street Fighter's gameplay. Felt too blocky/slow.

Overwatch: I really like the characters and their weapons/abilities, but alas, it's a first person shooter and I really can't enjoy those types of games.

Arkham Knight: Batmobile tank tasks and shoehorning Joker into the game annoyed me. Plus the Arkham Knight's identity was lame and unoriginal.

Destiny: Again, not a first person shooter fan.

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: A lot of wasted new characters and clones (seriously, Duck Hunt Dog? Lucina? Dark Pit? Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS being separate characters?)

• Like 1

Smash Bros Melee - well, not as much "dislike" as "don't think is all that great" but yeah. Maybe because I didn't grow up with it and am not very "competitive", but I never really got into it... The gameplay feels worse than later smash bros games (my favorite is Smash 4) and there are only a few characters I actually like playing as (most of my faves were first introduced in Brawl or Smash 4)

Edited by Zanreo

2 minutes ago, SoggyPangolin said:

GTA V-Over rated in my opinion,not as good as reviews make it out to be

Saints Row-All of them because they are too much like GTA

Final Fantasy 7-Dislike the cartoon style 

I can understand for the first 3 saints row, but the 4th one plays like prototype/infamous and isn't like gta at all.

Pikmin - Just don't see the fun about it

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

Uncharted. I just never quite understood the love for these games. On the surface they look like great cinematic experiences, but when you dig in deeper you quickly realize they are just average third person shooters with some pretty good set pieces, and characters.

I wouldn't say I hate them, but I don't love them either and I never really understood why people love these games so much. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2017 at 5:09 PM, RabbiAndy said:

For Honor.

My friend introduced me to it and I just couldn't get into it. Too repetitive. It is a unique, interesting form of fighting mechanics though.

I retract this statement. It took some time getting used to but it's actually very addicting, challenging, and clever.

• 3 months later...

For this thread, I'm going to say BloodBorne for now....I played a few hours of it and for some reason, it didn't feel the same way when I played Ni-Oh which is similar. I think I have to try it again....maybe I didn't understand the mechanics just yet.....Hmmmmm

On 19-2-2017 at 5:05 AM, Ratchet said:

Uncharted. I just never quite understood the love for these games. On the surface they look like great cinematic experiences, but when you dig in deeper you quickly realize they are just average third person shooters with some pretty good set pieces, and characters.

I wouldn't say I hate them, but I don't love them either and I never really understood why people love these games so much. 

I thought the presentation was enough to make up for the snooze fest that is the gameplay, but yeah I thought the first three games as well as The Last Of Us were pretty bland and boring regarding gameplay and story, they were saved by the presentation though and I liked Uncharted 4 a lot more.

I really hate Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain myself. Contrast Ground Zeroes, which I loved... Why I hate one while I love the other is kind of a long story though. I think Phantom Pain is the strongest dislike I have for a game that is very popular.

• 1 month later...

The Last Of Us - It was okay but over hyped to fuck and wasn't as outstanding as what other people made it out to be
Enslaved Oddysey to the West - Supposed to be a PS3 hidden gem, thought it was okay but pretty meh, not outstanding either

Uncharted Drakes Fortune - The rest of them were good but the first one was sheeeeeeeeeet :( 

Every GTA with a 3D-enviroment:
GTA 1 & 2 were so much funbut I can't stand the 3D-games as they just bore the heck out of me. The same applies to other Open World-games by Rockstar.

Transistor
After enjoying Bastion, Transistor was a huge letdown for me. The combat wasn't fun for me and I decided to stop the game somewhere in my clean-up run.

Zero Escape. Zero Time Dilemma

Main problem for me was the whole design decision to replace something simple as textboxes by cinematic sequences with awkward character models and movement. I couldn't take this game serious at all due to this decision.

I'm gonna put on my Nikes 'cause I feel I need to flee soon....

Resident Evil 4

RE5 was my first RE. RE4 to me is like RE5 without the action, and it gives me motion sickness. The controls also suck, not that they were much better in 5. 

Skyrim

Loading screens, too much to read, too much to do. 

Fallout (any)

This game has the gimmick that you can stop time and choose where to hit. In my opinion it breaks the flow of the game. I'm sure people love the RPG quality of it, but personally I don't think the mix works. At all. 

Batman Arkham City

Beautiful game. Bad combat. 

GTA V

Too much to do, and the controls aren't as good as in other sandbox games. I prefer story-driven sandbox games better than this game where I don't even know what the point is. 

Ico

The controls. I really wanted to enjoy this one, this game has a beautiful setting and atmosphere, but the shitty controls made me ragequit. If this game played well, it could be among my favourites, but in its current state, it makes me pull out my hair. 

I like really few overall, and some of them are very popular, some less. But I really love GTA, all of them.

For sure it's all Batman, Spider Man and other super heroes series, generally speaking most of Anime like games or actually from it, The Elder Scrolls, all of Calls of Duty and similar MOFPS.

Edited by Bloodytears1666