Games you disliked that everyone else likes

OnePieceDude

Resident Evil 5

Hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, so I think it's a rather fitting one here.

I played this after playing Dead Space wanting/expecting survival-horror, but instead getting hollywood Michael Bay action explosions and bewbs.

This game really annoyed me... down to my fundamental core.

Its one redeeming facet was the co-op... RE5 has GREAT co-op!! But nowhere near great enough to push the game into enjoyable territory for me.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again here... this was my least favorite game I've ever played. Not from any technical shortcoming, no. Strictly from its creative direction.

FFVII. Oh, FFVII.

As I was happily going through my FF marathon, every single soul sang praises to this one. "Oh, this is the best FF ever!" "You are going to play it for the first time in your life, I'm so jealous of you!"  "You're going to love it!" "insert another comment about how FFVII is totally awesome and best here".

They sure hyped me up. I was so excited to play FFVII, I started it mere hour after finishing FFVI. It didn't bode well. I found myself disliking Cloud and Sephiroth (by the time Disc 1 ended, I already hated them), and not giving a shit about everyone else. Sadly, the plot insisted on focusing on the very people I hated, so it took quite a toll on me. 

As soon as I bred Golden Chocobo and got all cave materia, I rushed to the final dungeon with the only intention - end it as soon as possible. I rejoiced in killing Sephiroth. And rejoiced even more when the credits started rolling. Then I found out that the Compilation exists, and my hardships continued. Crisis Core was painful because I grown attached to Zack and the constant thought that he is going to be killed and replaced with damned Cloud filled me with rage, disqust and other nice emotions. Nibelheim and the ending were pure torture because of that. I disliked Dirge of Cerberus, and barely endured everything else.

Throw out the plot, the source of hatred, and VII becomes the really good JRPG (but definitely not the best one ever - for me it always will be the IX). Minigames were the only real downside. But before playing it, I've heard from basically everyone that it is the best one, a masterpiece, must play, so I had big expectations for it...and got very dissapointed with the end result. Alas, the plot and the characters destroyed it for me, and that's why I hope I will never be reminded of it again   yeah, sure.

FFVII is popular. It and everything else associated with it is constantly "thrown at my face" - skins, DLCs, figures, cameos, etc. Other people love and praise it. It's just me who weird like that. When the dreaded Remake was announced, everyone met it with screams of joy and happiness. I met it with wails of grief. Because eventually I'll own a PS4. And being the objective masochist that I am, I'll most likely play the Remake. And see those bastards again.

Woe is me.

Edited by NetEntity

*staaaare* have you tried FF games before FFX  *cough* FF VI, FFIX and FFVII*cough*? wish you could give them a try... I also want to know who is this many that says FFX is the best in franchise...

does dirge of cerberus count ? (btw, are there other ff games like it ?)

I never said people say FFX is the best, read again dude, I said people claim it as one of the best ;) just google "best ff game" and you will see it on people's lists

I have FF VII on PC dude, I got it on sales to try it but got bored and never touched it again. 

does dirge of cerberus count ? (btw, are there other ff games like it ?)

I never said people say FFX is the best, read again dude, I said people claim it as one of the best ;) just google "best ff game" and you will see it on people's lists

I have FF VII on PC dude, I got it on sales to try it but got bored and never touched it again. 

gomen gomen... my mind went blank when I read the first line in your post...  Dirge or Cerberus is like TPS spin off of FF VII right? I don't know any FF game like it but you might like SE's 3rd Birthday - one of the few TPS I really enjoyed playing...

:3 it bored you? WHyyyy??? oh.. why not try FFIX *my personal fave* and FFVI *considered to be the best one in the series*? maybe they might change your mind... 

FFVII. Oh, FFVII.

As I was happily going through my FF marathon, every single soul sang praises to this one. "Oh, this is the best FF ever!" "You are going to play it for the first time in your life, I'm so jealous of you!"  "You're going to love it!" "insert another comment about how FFVII is totally awesome and best here".

They sure hyped me up. I was so excited to play FFVII, I started it mere hour after finishing FFVI. It didn't bode well. I found myself disliking Cloud and Sephiroth (by the time Disc 1 ended, I already hated them), and not giving a shit about everyone else. Sadly, the plot insisted on focusing on the very people I hated, so it took quite a toll on me. 

As soon as I bred Golden Chocobo and got all cave materia, I rushed to the final dungeon with the only intention - end it as soon as possible. I rejoiced in killing Sephiroth. And rejoiced even more when the credits started rolling. Then I found out that the Compilation exists, and my hardships continued. Crisis Core was painful because I grown attached to Zack and the constant thought that he is going to be killed and replaced with damned Cloud filled me with rage, disqust and other nice emotions. Nibelheim and the ending were pure torture because of that. I disliked Dirge of Cerberus, and barely endured everything else.

Throw out the plot, the source of hatred, and VII becomes the really good JRPG (but definitely not the best one ever - for me it always will be the IX). Minigames were the only real downside. But before playing it, I've heard from basically everyone that it is the best one, a masterpiece, must play, so I had big expectations for it...and got very dissapointed with the end result. Alas, the plot and the characters destroyed it for me, and that's why I hope I will never be reminded of it again   yeah, sure.

FFVII is popular. It and everything else associated with it is constantly "thrown at my face" - skins, DLCs, figures, cameos, etc. Other people love and praise it. It's just me who weird like that. When the dreaded Remake was announced, everyone met it with screams of joy and happiness. I met it with wails of grief. Because eventually I'll own a PS4. And being the objective masochist that I am, I'll most likely play the Remake. And see those bastards again.

Woe is me.

I've finished FF7 on Vita in the past month. I didn't hated it, i liked it a lot, but yeah, this isn't the breakthrough FF game that everyone is raving about. It was the 1st JRPG to hit mainstream status back then and i appreciate the love towards it, but that's that.

Same feeling i got with Ocarina of Time.

Okay, what's the meaning of life, and why are humans on Earth? ;):P

Those damned zombie human creatures!

OT: COD of course. Only play once of MW2 and the gameplay isn't for me. Also the fanbase of the game and more COD of it is ridiculous.

Mirrors Edge. After beating the game, it turned out to be sucky for me since I have so many frustrations where Faith  doesn't seem to catch things to grab the simplest things that it is just plain out horrible. *SPOILERS* The ending is uninteresting and feels open ending to me. Not looking forward of playing the sequel.

Minecraft. Not totally interested by it where I used to like watching let's play adventures on Youtube when I was younger by The Creators of UberHaxorNova, Sp00n, and slythefox, but now it gotten old by basically the same thing and watch something else. Not really looking forward on playing it now.

Star Wars games. Only played that Star Wars game on Xbox haven't really finished it and Lego Star Wars as well. Don't think I really want to know the storyline of Star Wars don't really know why though.

NHL and FIFA games. Don't really like those two sports or even played them though I only played the demo of NHL 2K5 I think on Xbox demo and used to like playing as Lighting because that one guy who has a long name was really good.

Assassin's Creed franchise. Ever since I played the first game, I hated it because back when I am not sure what the heck I am supposed to do in order to progressed the story. Even worse is I trying to enter the arena that I think I haven't went before and it crashes every time. Tried cleaning the disc and it doesn't work at all. Such a sucky game that I don't think I want to play most of Assassin's Creed since now it never ends which is crazy when Ubisoft makes more games of it.

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

gomen gomen... my mind went blank when I read the first line in your post...  Dirge or Cerberus is like TPS spin off of FF VII right? I don't know any FF game like it but you might like SE's 3rd Birthday - one of the few TPS I really enjoyed playing...

:3 it bored you? WHyyyy??? oh.. why not try FFIX *my personal fave* and FFVI *considered to be the best one in the series*? maybe they might change your mind... 

I *adore* IX so much. I would love an HD remaster. 

• Like 1

GTA V. I think the Saints Row franchise is x100 times better

I love the Last of Us but I hate how people are saying that it's THE BEST GAME EVAH MADE!!! It's just fucking bullshit. It's their opinion, not the rest of the gaming world.

Also, Destiny.... One word: BULLSHIT.

Out of the ones on my trophy list, it would be:

Demon’s Souls – I’ve really tried to get into but just can’t

Warframe – Incredibly boring and repetitive

Diablo III – Incredibly boring and repetitive

Transistor – Pretentious and dull

The Unfinished Swan – The unfinished game

Other than that the only thing that comes to mind is MGS2. Probably the most overrated game I’ve ever played.

Assassin's Creed

Fifa

Call of Duty (Black Ops onwards)

Uncharted

Fallout 3/New Vegas

Anything Rockstar has released since GTA San Andreas. Though GTA V wasn't THAT bad.

Bioshock

Mass Effect

To name a few. 

Edited by Brawler