Games you disliked that everyone else likes

OnePieceDude

Pretty much every ND game after The Precursor Legacy. I've tried to like them but I just can't get into them..

If this is the case, it's more than obvious what the problem is. Looks like you'll never like any Naughty Dog game ever again (since ND are not going to change the way they are making games) and since your platformer preferences are set on 1 specific type.

Personally, whether or not I like or dislike each game they make after another, I at least enjoy and like (at least) all their games. Like sure, Uncharted 3 wasn't as great as Uncharted 2 (some exaggerate this further) but in itself, it was still a good game, just an inferior sequel.. something a lot of people seem to not understand (since I always see people who dislike or think is a bad game, "UC3 is not a good game" or something similar, instead of saying not as good as its prequel).

If this is the case, it's more than obvious what the problem is. Looks like you'll never like any Naughty Dog game ever again (since ND are not going to change the way they are making games) and since your platformer preferences are set on 1 specific type.

Personally, whether or not I like or dislike each game they make after another, I at least enjoy and like (at least) all their games. Like sure, Uncharted 3 wasn't as great as Uncharted 2 (some exaggerate this further) but in itself, it was still a good game, just an inferior sequel.. something a lot of people seem to not understand (since I always see people who dislike or think is a bad game, "UC3 is not a good game" or something similar, instead of saying not as good as its prequel).

I'm not saying they're bad games. They're well made and really good, I just don't like the style of gameplay. I'm aware ND changed direction and I just personally don't enjoy it.

I'm not saying they're bad games. They're well made and really good, I just don't like the style of gameplay. I'm aware ND changed direction and I just personally don't enjoy it.

Never said you did. Exactly, which is why I mentioned "preferences." I was hinting at you should stop buying their games from this point on (since they're not going back to their old roots. A Jak sequel was pretty much the closest and only thing that could rival their past platformers, but with the cancellation of future involvement and sequels into the series (gee, wonder why they still choose to keep the IP though), there will never be another similar game to your liking.. unless the miraculous, sudden, out of nowhere change to go back to it occurs) to save money.

GTA, any of them (although I liked 3). Infact Rockstar in general never impress me. I did however enjoy the setting of Red Dead Redemption. The game however seemed to want to continue for 20000000 hours after what I consider the end. (that bit..you know then you become you know. End it there.)

Fifa. I can't stand football let alone games about it.

Mass Effect/Dragon Age. Highly over rated guff.

CoD hasn't been decent since 2. I do have Advance Warfare that came with my ps4 so I'll prob run through the story but something tells me it's still going to be the same game as  MW but  with some tech gadgets.

And not to sound hip but Destiny is a load of wannabee MMO balls that my RL mates seem to think is the second coming of christ.

Edited by Anturak

Me too, I don't even know what we need to do in that game, always lost.

But I know one thing, it's a construction game !   xD  :yay:  Build your own building !

I'm hopeless at building my own house on The Sims let alone Minecraft  xD

The Dark Souls games.

Gave it a fair shot on the PC.  It's like playing the game Simon.  Start at a campfire, take a few steps out, get killed, go back to the campfire, get a few more steps out, get killed, go back to the campfire... rinse and repeat until  you've memorized enemy positions and played through the same section fifty times over.  Challenge by memorization isn't fun.

Doesn't help I generally suck at these games and have no patience lol, but yeah.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Assassins Creed III & Unity (Only other one I played was Brotherhood, I liked it.)

Destiny (Conductor of the hype-train, played the Alpha, just no.)

GTA V (GOTY? Can someone say overrated?)

Edited by Jay

Mirrors Edge. After beating the game, it turned out to be sucky for me since I have so many frustrations where Faith  doesn't seem to catch things to grab the simplest things that it is just plain out horrible. *SPOILERS* The ending is uninteresting and feels open ending to me. Not looking forward of playing the sequel.

Assassin's Creed franchise. Ever since I played the first game, I hated it because back when I am not sure what the heck I am supposed to do in order to progressed the story. Even worse is I trying to enter the arena that I think I haven't went before and it crashes every time. Tried cleaning the disc and it doesn't work at all. Such a sucky game that I don't think I want to play most of Assassin's Creed since now it never ends which is crazy when Ubisoft makes more games of it.

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst isn't a sequel, it's a prequel, not to mention it's a reboot so the events of the first game may not even occur at all.

Also, when did you play Assassin's Creed? I haven't played the first one, but I hear it really hasn't aged well and is incredibly repetitive, and the sequels fixed most of what was wrong with the first.

Don't know how well received it actually was but I think Remember Me is awful. Poor combat mechanics backed up with a corridor world with a concept you'd expect to hear from someone who's just took a hit from a bong, yet is super predictable, while the camera just can't seem to get unmagnetised from Nillin's ass (especially in the opening cutscenes).

Dark Souls 2 can be added to my list also, as all world and enemy design is devoid of the creativity found in previous Souls games or Bloodborne.

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst isn't a sequel, it's a prequel, not to mention it's a reboot so the events of the first game may not even occur at all.

Also, when did you play Assassin's Creed? I haven't played the first one, but I hear it really hasn't aged well and is incredibly repetitive, and the sequels fixed most of what was wrong with the first.

Oh, then I don't think I may miss something from Catalyist when I play it but the game will be for next gen where I don't have that. So I may just look at YouTube for playthroughs if I am interested on looking what is the prequel will be about.

Maybe I first played Assassin's Creed back at 2009 I think? Been a while where my older brother first played it where playingbit alone ruined it I think where noticed ubisoft keep on making games of it.

Borderlands 2. Don't get me wrong, the characters are awesome and funny, but dear god the gameplay was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boooooriiing. I really thought I would like it even though I don't like FPS games. I might sell the handsome collection before I even start TPS.

• Like 1

I didn't exactly play Demon's Souls for more than an hour...but the game was so friggin boring I ended up just deleting the entire thing off my system. Trophy list and all.

FFX. I always get the stink eye when someone catches wind that I never played a "real" FF game. From the moment I started X I was just bored. The mini-games and requirements for the trophies were enough to make me just drop it entirely after beating the main game. (I do however love the turn based battles and ability to switch out characters for different strategies. That I enjoyed very much.)

Gonna go a little off topic here because I see some Borderlands comments.

While I usually don't play shooters for anything other than winding down I enjoy borderlands very much because of the graphics used. Games like CoD are very hard on my eyes because I have a tough time being able to see much of anything on the screen. Everyone else I know has no problems seeing, pointing out, shooting at things, or generally knowing where an enemy is. I just can't seem to see it like them. There will be someone literally in front of me sometimes and I'll never know and my "friends" will be like "wtf how do you not see him?" Kind of like in racing games where sometimes? I won't even notice a turn coming up and crash head on into a wall lmfao. This is the very first and biggest reason I do not play online shooters. It's just a waste of time for me.

With borderlands however this doesn't happen to me at all. 

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

- Was a copy/paste of Brotherhood and the story was boring & forgettable.

Batman: Arkham Origins

- A retread of everything in Arkham City except incredibly easy and yet another story based around the Joker.

Bayonetta

- The first one, I haven't played the sequel so I can't judge it.

Big Sky Infinity

- A drop dead boring endless runner that changes its rules because it can.

Darksiders

Wasn't a fan of the graphics, gameplay or perspective. Plus, the story just seemed a bit silly to me.
Fallout 3

- Ugly game that was nothing like the first 2 games. Gameplay and story were just...blegh.

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

- Not a fan of the aesthetic, the story is completely nonsensical & stupid. I found the gameplay a chore.
Home
- Short, everything is left to interpretation in the end, regardless of the ending and lacks fun gameplay mechanics.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- Story I hated, gameplay is good.

Mirror's Edge
- Story is criminally short and cliché, broken gameplay mechanics, filled with glitches, frustrating Time Trial Maps and perspective needs adjusting.

Never Alone

- Didn't care for the narrative or gameplay but loved the unlockable documentary-style videos about the culture of the Inuit.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Crappy character roster, UI is incredibly dated, gameplay tries too hard to not be Smash Bros. and fails, and dubstep used for the OST in the game.
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
- Starts out and ends great but everything between, like the story and gameplay never advances in a good way.

I usually get the most hate for saying I dislike Mirror's Edge, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Fallout 3, and Bayonetta. It really sucks that most people don't respect other's opinions about video games if they differ from most people's opinions on whether a game is good or bad.

Edited by LeetWolf2

Batman: Arkham Origins

- A retread of everything in Arkham City except incredibly easy and yet another story based around the Joker.

Feels weird seeing this here considering Origins is a game many want to pretend doesn't exist :P Still, probably liked by enough people to still fit here.

Feels weird seeing this here considering Origins is a game many want to pretend doesn't exist :P Still, probably liked by enough people to still fit here.

Really? Anyone who I've ever spoke to about it say they loved it and it was a great game. Plus, it reviewed pretty well o;

• Like 1