Games you disliked that everyone else likes

OnePieceDude

How does this work, exactly? how can you hate a game pre-release without having actually played it?

You can have low expectation but citing No Man's Sky ''before everyone else did'' just shows irrational bias.

Actually, I see what he means.  Within the first 72 hours or so, people were praising NMS like it was the best thing since sliced bread.  Most people played longer and realized it's repetitive, shallow dogshit.

Assassins Creed IV - No idea why, I just never managed to get into it despite all the reviews raving at how it was one of the best in the series in recent years.

Uncharted 3 - Likewise, I never bought into the hype. It got to the point where it was too predictable.

Max Payne 3 - Couldn't wait for it to end.

GTAV - I played it on the PS3, didn't get far into it, got bored of it as well.

FF7 - Same as above really, the farthest I've gotten in this game was Shinra... and that's about it.  But it just bores me after a while.... and yet, I love FFX.

Assassin's Creed 3 - Played it, hated the main character and it just didn't really have the same feel as the 2nd game did.

There are others, but those are my main ones right now. 

With PlayStation, came an era of loving previously hated games. But there are a few left:

- Mass Effect (basically every game by BioWare since Baldur's Gate 2)

- The Witcher series

- Red Dead Redemption (basically every game by Rockstar since GTA2)

Also, while I certainly loved some parts of them, I'm generally very lukewarm on The Last of Us and Uncharted 4.

I wasn't a huge fan of Ni No Kuni, and I can't really understand all the praise it gets. The storyline and characters weren't particularly interesting, the environments were pretty bland and weren't anything awe-inspiring, like some of the backdrops you'd often see in a Souls game. The combat was okay, but it got repetitive, and the game could get pretty grindy at times, even if you completed side quests regularly. Boss battles could get tedious, especially the final boss with three stages, and the thing that irked me the most, is that I was underleveled for that battle, died when the boss was literally at just about 10% health on the last stage, and then I had to start all over from stage one. But I couldn't simply teleport to the exit of the dungeon; I had to go ALL the way back through the dungeon to get back out onto the main map again so I could grind for the final boss. I couldn't be bothered, so I dropped it.

Also, Red Dead Redemption. I wanted to enjoy this game, but I really didn't, and I just dropped it halfway through. Not sure if I'll get the second game or not, I might just try and play through the first game again eventually, it's one of the few games I have left in my 360 backlog. That being said, I've never been a fan of Rockstar games, I've found most of the GTA games boring as well. Bully was strangely enjoyable to an extent, but all the games more or less just feel the same, with fetch quests galore, and "drive from point A to B while listening to characters mumbling about something that's supposed to be funny, but is usually more cringey than anything else". And the over-use of basic stereotypes as "parody" is just more annoying and face palming than amusing. Aside from Trevor in GTA V, I can't think of a single character in a Rockstar game that had anything more than a one dimensional and bland personality.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

Borderlands 2. I enjoyed the first Borderlands but I could not get into Borderlands 2 at all and thought most of the characters were really annoying.

I was also never super into Left 4 Dead. It was fun to play with friends on Steam where we could use mods but I remember trying to play it on my old Xbox 360 and it was so boring. I don't understand how anyone could play it by themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

• League of Legends (Was wayyyyyy tooo boring for me)

World of Warcraft (Played until level 20, but then I got bored)

Final Fantasy IX (I don't like the cast and graphics at all)

GTA Series (All I do is run around and destroy things, the rest is not my thing)

Metal Gear Series (Not sure why this one is so great. Found it boring)

FnAF (Gets really boring after 5 minutes. Jumpscares alone are not scary!)

Skyrim (Played it for some time and it just bored the crap out of me)