Check in: What's your Country, What time is it & What are you doing.?

BDKSimba

Utica, New York. 11:05 am

@ da mechanic waiting on them to finish tuning up My hoopty. :)

Small world, BDK! When I was in the Air Force I was stationed at Griffiss AFB for 3 years in Rome NY. Utica was the closest big city to Rome, so I spent many a drunken night there. The funniest was probably when I was out till 2am (cuz thats when the clubs there closed, at least back then anyway), ate breakfast, threw up and ran the Boilermaker (15k local run[9.3 miles for those not down with the metric system]) . I finished the race in 93 minutes and proceeded to drink again, since the race finishes at the F.X. Matts brewery! Ah, the things you can get away with in your 20s  . . .

Anyhow, I digress. 2:15pm in Charlotte, NC and I'm on lunch break at work. No longer in the military, I am working in financial services now:D

• Like 2

Small world, BDK! When I was in the Air Force I was stationed at Griffiss AFB for 3 years in Rome NY. Utica was the closest big city to Rome, so I spent many a drunken night there. The funniest was probably when I was out till 2am (cuz thats when the clubs there closed, at least back then anyway), ate breakfast, threw up and ran the Boilermaker (15k local run[9.3 miles for those not down with the metric system]) . I finished the race in 93 minutes and proceeded to drink again, since the race finishes at the F.X. Matts brewery! Ah, the things you can get away with in your 20s  . . .

Anyhow, I digress. 2:15pm in Charlotte, NC and I'm on lunch break at work. No longer in the military, I am working in financial services now:D

I love the contrast between your first and second paragraphs.  It went from balls-to-the-wall fun to...Financial services.  I'm guessing you have a wife and kids now too, huh?  Straight people get boring as you age.  Oh well.

About to take the partner home.  He's got studies and I've got house chores.  Damn mutt needs a washing...she's starting to stink.

Edit: I guess I messed up that post.  Bullstomp quoting me made me come back and notice.  

Still in the middle of the above tasks, however, I'm in San Bernardino, California, USA.  It's 16:25.  A bit overcast, in the 70s or so.  Not a bad day. 

Edited by prarpin
  • Like 1

I love the contrast between your first and second paragraphs.  It went from balls-to-the-wall fun to...Financial services.  I'm guessing you have a wife and kids now too, huh?  Straight people get boring as you age.  Oh well.

About to take the partner home.  He's got studies and I've got house chores.  Damn mutt needs a washing...she's starting to stink.

Don't get me wrong, I have a great job that I love. But military life and civilian wife are two completely different lifestyles.

But yeah, I have a wife I love and 3 great kids who love video games. Instead of going out and getting drunk I just get drunk and play online ;)

• Like 1

hahaha, that it is. U discribed it down to a T as they say. also did My time in da service of My country. I was stationed @ ft Bragg NC, and fayetteville was da big city if ya wanna call it that. airborne.!! :highfive:

Don't get me wrong, I have a great job that I love. But military life and civilian wife are two completely different lifestyles.

But yeah, I have a wife I love and 3 great kids who love video games. Instead of going out and getting drunk I just get drunk and play online ;)

ball to da wall ain't da only way to get ya thrills. a wife & 3 kids I would say that da thrills never stop. I got 4. and they take Me there every day.

12:25 am. Utica, NY

on My lunch break, @ da crib making coffee rolling Me up some ciggs for da next 4hrs. smh I so need to quit. hahaha, maybe next yr. :ninja:

Edited by BDKSimba