Road to Devastation (DLC) - Trophy Assistance

Jak

I've been trying to get this trophy for two-years plus now. It's quite ridiculous how long its been taking me to get this sole last trophy.. till I 100% this game. Everyone that I have already played with have either sucked (but claimed they didn't, which is always a funny matter), including randoms, or had unplayable connection.

I honestly should have had this entire game 100% a long time ago. and that's what i'm still seeking to do right now. This is one of my favorite PSN games, and I'd like to get the trophy that was mostly intended to be relied on by a partner in the first place. I hate these kind of trophies, especially that ones that actually required to have a partner to beat the game or mission with, but I know multiple skilled people at this game are out there. It wouldn't take a long time to do.

You don't need a partner, I'd consider them a liability.

I second this, they lock your camera if you are too far away, make more enemies spawn and not aways have the best tactics to deploy. I prefer to fail because I suck rather than my partner ran into a horde with the flamethrower and burned himself to ashes.

How far can you get before you have trouble? I usually trip up around round eight at one of the cutters if/when I fail.

Check out M-Easy's walk through:

I made different choices than he did at the beginning, but if you can make the health route be round 9 and have max turrets at the end, you're home free. By all means, watch the whole video. I found the last round or two to be the most useful for what I needed.

This is easier solo

Flares, turrets, rpg is all you need

Take 2 routes you're comfortable with and rush through them to the last area before the gate. Place 2 turrets by the exit, flare constantly and rpg on the big guys. Shotgun with rapid fire rate is helpful for emergencies

Most important is: if you don't feel confortable with someone's loadout, then DON'T USE IT! I hate using blades, per example, so I used GL instead and got it going to r12 before I died. As Rowdi said above, r7-8 were the hardest ones for me, but after that is pretty much just a victory lap until you complete it.

Can be done easily solo...  :dunno:

As the OP has already being at this trophy for the past 2 years, I don't think this is the nicest thing you can say to him at the moment.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

Got more replies than I expected, and faster than I did to...

Here is a playlist I made of myself doing it solo with tips... it might help you:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBBE821AC6085E02D

Kind of don't want to use a guide or walkthrough. It destroys a bit of my pride, and I would have gotten this trophy by now if I used a guide (most likely).

I second this, they lock your camera if you are too far away, make more enemies spawn and not aways have the best tactics to deploy. I prefer to fail because I suck rather than my partner ran into a horde with the flamethrower and burned himself to ashes.

Is this actually true? I know there are some games out there that actually spawn more enemies in cooperative play than solo play (like Borderlands? I know the enemies become stronger, but more come out to right?). If I knew for a fact this was true, I wouldn't have stressed needing a partner for this much or for this long.

The perspective here is skilled partners, so liability should not be relevant here. They should actually make the job (getting the trophy) more efficient and easier, not to mention more engaging (less tedious and boring).

Actually if you do it right with a partner, it can be much easier.  My partner and I made it to round 20 and could have made it a lot farther if we wanted to.

Which is exactly why i'm requesting help. If not every coop game, most coop games are easier to get farthest, survive longer, or beat with a reliable and skilled partner, like COD Zombies, Resistance 2, Uncharted 2/3 coop and other games out there. 

How far can you get before you have trouble? I usually trip up around round eight at one of the cutters if/when I fail.

Check out M-Easy's walk through:

I made different choices than he did at the beginning, but if you can make the health route be round 9 and have max turrets at the end, you're home free. By all means, watch the whole video. I found the last round or two to be the most useful for what I needed.

To at least 6-7. I've attempted this enough alone that i'm basically indefinitely drained of motivation and determination to keep trying after failing. It's too much of a long process and tedious, so I don't get too far anymore. 

Can be done easily solo... :dunno:

While I haven't been giving it my absolute best, "easily" im sure is the wrong term to use to describe surviving to round 10 alone, unless there's some sort of cheat or glitch (which I won't use).

Edited by inFAMOUS Precursor

No cheat or glitch. It really is easily doable solo. Once you know what routes to take and which weapon upgrades are essential. Btw, there's no need to waste your time with the armor route.

Taken from another site from user Cloud-Loku
236b59f5d5.png
It really is easy once you know what you are doing.

Is this actually true? I know there are some games out there that actually spawn more enemies in cooperative play than solo play (like Borderlands? I know the enemies become stronger, but more come out to right?). If I knew for a fact this was true, I wouldn't have stressed needing a partner for this much or for this long.

The perspective here is skilled partners, so liability should not be relevant here. They should actually make the job (getting the trophy) more efficient and easier, not to mention more engaging (less tedious and boring).

I believe so, but I'm away from the game for ages, so I might be wrong. I doubt enemies get stronger in coop, since they already do that wave after wave, I believe only the bodycount is increased. I believe BL games do the opposite, they spawn stronger, higher leveled enemies and don't change much the bodycount total.

One bad thing about the coop though, you don't share the cash from the chests on money route, so you will be half as powered in comparison to single player, facing a bigger horde.

Edited by TheYuriG

Most important is: if you don't feel confortable with someone's loadout, then DON'T USE IT! I hate using blades, per example, so I used GL instead and got it going to r12 before I died. As Rowdi said above, r7-8 were the hardest ones for me, but after that is pretty much just a victory lap until you complete it.

As the OP has already being at this trophy for the past 2 years, I don't think this is the nicest thing you can say to him at the moment.

Well sorry if it came out that way. But at the start of his post. He blames everyone else but himself and also says the trophy is only possible with a partner.

Well sorry if it came out that way. But at the start of his post. He blames everyone else but himself and also says the trophy is only possible with a partner.

I usually always carefully word my post, and as I thought, you're actually wrong. I never said the trophy was only do-able with a partner. Now in terms of blaming others and not myself, if I turn out to be the last one standing all the time or the one making the smarter decisions that keep us alive longer, but my partner fails to be as reliable, then I have every right to blame them. It makes no sense to blame myself if I did my part or was of better support to my partner, instead of equal or superior support from their part.

With that said, I have no problem if their support was ever slightly inferior, as anything being balanced or exactly as good as something/one else is a rare feat in general. It's just when it comes down to someone actually sucking, lacking certain fundamentals, making stupid decision, etc when it's not tolerable to play with them, and blame em.

I believe so, but I'm away from the game for ages, so I might be wrong. I doubt enemies get stronger in coop, since they already do that wave after wave, I believe only the bodycount is increased. I believe BL games do the opposite, they spawn stronger, higher leveled enemies and don't change much the bodycount total.

One bad thing about the coop though, you don't share the cash from the chests on money route, so you will be half as powered in comparison to single player, facing a bigger horde.

I only said they get stronger in BL yo.

Yup, but it compensates for having a partners and his or her extra firepower and support. 

Edited by inFAMOUS Precursor

I personally did this solo. Find what works for you, a lot of the pathways that are always thrown out there are sub-optimal. But if you get lots of fully upgraded auto turrets and mines, and run past all the enemies until you get to the final area of the wave, you can survive no problem if you spam all your throwables. Just make sure you don't catch yourself in the mine explosions.

• Like 1

No cheat or glitch. It really is easily doable solo. Once you know what routes to take and which weapon upgrades are essential. Btw, there's no need to waste your time with the armor route.

Taken from another site from user Cloud-Loku

236b59f5d5.png

It really is easy once you know what you are doing.

I personally don't recomend this path:

1. you need to be faster to be in a better position against the fastest zombies in the latest rounds, so make sure you have at least 1 or 2 upgrades in speed (armor route) in the first levels.

2. You don't need actually too much pasive (mine, turret) decoy (if you know what you are doing), but instead more active (flares, granades) decoy to avoid been hit at any momment you need a distraction.

[you can make more damage with the rifle than the turret and mines, also the turrets don't kill instantly the stronger or faster zombies so that puts you in a position of being hit also take into consideration that the mines have a little delay (the flares don't have delay) when you throw them so if the attack its inminent you will be hit before they follow the mine]

3. Granades (supplies) in round 8, thats a tough route because at the final stage you will encounter a lot of "cutters" in a small space and they are faster and can instant-kill you in a second, its easier guns (supplies) even if you don't need the extra gun.

My recomendation.

R1 - Experience (Armor - Speed Max)

R2 - Money (Money)

R3 - Weapons (Granade Launcher)

R4 - Experience (Armor - Speed Max)

R5 - Money (Money)

R6 - Weapons (Blades)

R7 - Money (Heath)

R8 - Weapons (doesn't matter)

R9 - Money (Heath)

Finally just an advice, "THE ZOMBIE YOU AIM, THE ZOMBIE YOU KILL" if you start shooting everywere with the machine gun they will become more agresive and faster and that gives you less time to reaction, if they are more than you go in circles and kill one by one with the charged shoot (don't worry they will be slow even if are close to you)

Edited by Chingon_Player
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I personally don't recomend this path:

1. you need to be faster to be in a better position against the fastest zombies in the latest rounds, so make sure you have at least 1 or 2 upgrades in speed (armor route) in the first levels.

2. You don't need actually too much pasive (mine, turret) decoy (if you know what you are doing), but instead more active (flares, granades) decoy to avoid been hit at any momment you need a distraction.

[you can make more damage with the rifle than the turret and mines, also the turrets don't kill instantly the stronger or faster zombies so that puts you in a position of being hit also take into consideration that the mines have a little delay (the flares don't have delay) when you throw them so if the attack its inminent you will be hit before they follow the mine]

3. Granades (supplies) in round 8, thats a tough route because at the final stage you will encounter a lot of "cutters" in a small space and they are faster and can instant-kill you in a second, its easier guns (supplies) even if you don't need the extra gun.

My recomendation.

R1 - Experience (Armor - Speed Max)

R2 - Money (Money)

R3 - Weapons (Granade Launcher)

R4 - Experience (Armor - Speed Max)

R5 - Money (Money)

R6 - Weapons (Blades)

R7 - Money (Heath)

R8 - Weapons (doesn't matter)

R9 - Money (Heath)

Finally just an advice, "THE ZOMBIE YOU AIM, THE ZOMBIE YOU KILL" if you start shooting everywere with the machine gun they will become more agresive and faster and that gives you less time to reaction, if they are more than you go in circles and kill one by one with the charged shoot (don't worry they will be slow even if are close to you)

After taking a break from trying to obtain a platinum for another game, I decided to re-visit Dead nation (after not having played for about two-months) for the last DLC trophy I always needed. I used this method and it worked, and on my first try to. Came close to dying on round 8, but I managed. Since I don't like "easy" challenges, I mostly cleared out entire areas I was in, before moving on. Even if I didn't do that, it would have been sufficiently challenging, but I wanted to earn this trophy with good difficultly. If I had used that other method listed, i'm basically confident enough to say I would have died before reaching round 8 definitely. The Blade Cannon turned out to be more useful than I assumed (thinking the RPG/Launcher was going to be the only other purchased gun that I needed). Glad to  finally have this game at 100%. Still remains to be one of my top 5 favorite PSN games. There's probably no hope for the Vita version though.