Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fire_head193

How long did VR 18 take you?

24 posts in this topic

I have been trying all day, about 12 hours on and off, probably around 8-10 hours of actual game play.

going to have to try again tomorrow, im going to beat this if it takes me all summer break.

got to the final enemy once, then messed up the stun lock by pressing it too early and died. 

VR Missions really test your patience. Patience running out + My stubbornness = Almost getting a new controller and TV because I wanted to snap the controller in half and just chuck at the TV. My advice is to keep at it, but take a break and do some other stuff. What I did is after playing, I would watch youtube videos of how other people passed it and then I would sleep on it and keep at it the next day(so I avoid burnout and raging).

1st Wave: Wait for the Gekko to charge you and then parry and do the ensuing square + X action prompt, but don't zandatsu to save time(pressing the blade mode button to cancel prompt action saves time too).

2nd Wave: Stand at a corner(2 mastiffs should spawn to the right of your screen) and wait til the Mastiffs both jump on and off the wall towards you. Once they do that, parry and another square + X prompt. If you're lucky, Raiden should hit the 2nd Mastiff while he's swinging the first Mastiff and get both kills.

3rd Wave: Stand in front of both heavy armed cyborgs(with the wolf behind them) and let the wolf kill them when it shoots its blades. Whenever the wolf glows yellow, it's going to fire its cannon. I suck at dodging its shots, so I just charged at it to stop it from firing.

4th Wave: Dwarf Gekkos, should be able to handle them. I equipped the Sai during this wave to charge it.

5th Wave: For the Grad, I used the Sai to stun the Grad and then slashed with square(weak attacks). I repeated til I destroyed it.

F-ing christ, that font, my eyes...
Didn't take me long, 2 hours I think. I had more trouble with some other missions. There is a guide on .org on how to 'rig' the enemies into doing what you want and from that on is plain sailing (that is, after you get the pattern down and muscle memory from your attempts). I hit the wolf on my 4th try and won it.

VR Missions really test your patience. Patience running out + My stubbornness = Almost getting a new controller and TV because I wanted to snap the controller in half and just chuck at the TV. My advice is to keep at it, but take a break and do some other stuff. What I did is after playing, I would watch youtube videos of how other people passed it and then I would sleep on it and keep at it the next day(so I avoid burnout and raging).

1st Wave: Wait for the Gekko to charge you and then parry and do the ensuing square + X action prompt, but don't zandatsu to save time(pressing the blade mode button to cancel prompt action saves time too).

2nd Wave: Stand at a corner(2 mastiffs should spawn to the right of your screen) and wait til the Mastiffs both jump on and off the wall towards you. Once they do that, parry and another square + X prompt. If you're lucky, Raiden should hit the 2nd Mastiff while he's swinging the first Mastiff and get both kills.

3rd Wave: Stand in front of both heavy armed cyborgs(with the wolf behind them) and let the wolf kill them when it shoots its blades. Whenever the wolf glows yellow, it's going to fire its cannon. I suck at dodging its shots, so I just charged at it to stop it from firing.

4th Wave: Dwarf Gekkos, should be able to handle them. I equipped the Sai during this wave to charge it.

5th Wave: For the Grad, I used the Sai to stun the Grad and then slashed with square(weak attacks). I repeated til I destroyed it.

Best advice for mission 18 i hope the OP saw this.

Took me about 5 hours on and off.

Edited by Teyzii-

Just finished VR mission 18. It's certainly tough and demands you to perfect parry many of the enemies. I spent about 6 hours on it. From about midnight till 4:00 this morning, and then 11:00 till 1:00 after I got some sleep. It takes time. Just gotta keep going at it. Also it's important that you stay relaxed. The reason I stopped playing last night (or technically this morning) was because I was starting to get a little bit agitated. What a fun VR mission though. Love the challenge. 

Just finished VR mission 18. It's certainly tough and demands you to perfect parry many of the enemies. I spent about 6 hours on it. From about midnight till 4:00 this morning, and then 11:00 till 1:00 after I got some sleep. It takes time. Just gotta keep going at it. Also it's important that you stay relaxed. The reason I stopped playing last night (or technically this morning) was because I was starting to get a little bit agitated. What a fun VR mission though. Love the challenge. 

WOAH, SO YOU GOING FOR THE PLAT!?

Use the Moonsoon guide on .org, it was extremely helpful to me.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/metal-gear-rising-revengeance/256559-strategy-beat-monsoon-revengeance.html

WOAH, SO YOU GOING FOR THE PLAT!?

Use the Moonsoon guide on .org, it was extremely helpful to me.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/metal-gear-rising-revengeance/256559-strategy-beat-monsoon-revengeance.html

Hell yeah I am man! :D

Thanks for the link man. I had a tough time with Monsoon when I beat him on hard without taking damage. I'm not looking forward to doing it on revengeance. 

Hell yeah I am man! :D

Thanks for the link man. I had a tough time with Monsoon when I beat him on hard without taking damage. I'm not looking forward to doing it on revengeance. 

Awesome, it will feel great when you get it done. Monsoon is way easier if you use the method. I used a part of it and nailed it within a few hours.

About 3 hours. But 2 of them I was tired, and failed all the time.

Took me 6 hours to beat it. While it did take 12 hours from the time I started, I was sleep half that time. :P

It did not take me too long, probably 2 hours at most. Though, if I remember correctly I was idle for most of the time.

Took me 6 hours to beat it. While it did take 12 hours from the time I started, I was sleep half that time. :P

Nicely done. Now for the hardest difficulty s-rank run! You honestly should have waited and got your no-damage boss trophies while on Revengeance. :P

It did not take me too long, probably 2 hours at most. Though, if I remember correctly I was idle for most of the time.

Nicely done. Now for the hardest difficulty s-rank run! You honestly should have waited and got your no-damage boss trophies while on Revengeance. :P

Well, at least I have a little bit more practice on those bosses. :P

You're going to hate it - trust me. 

I did the bosses on hard first prior to my S-rank playthrough on revengenance. It made the bosses on revengeance a walk in the park. I got the S-rank on Sundowner on my first shot! :D It's very difficult, but well worth it! Good luck!

Edited by PipeSwinger

I did the bosses on hard first prior to my S-rank playthrough on revengenance. It made the bosses on revengeance I walk in the park. I got the S-rank on Sundowner on my first shot! :D It's very difficult, but well worth it! Good luck!

Before now, the only difficulty I've played on has been Hard, so hopefully I'm prepared enough for the later bosses. :P And thanks! :D

I think VR18 took me 3-4 hours more or less. Found S ranking Revengeance difficulty much more frustrating than that and now defeating the final boss of Sam's DLC without taking damage it's proving to be the most frustrating trophy of them all for me, tried for the past 3 hours with little improvement.

Edited by Brightblade76

I think VR18 took me 3-4 hours more or less. Found S ranking Revengeance difficulty much more frustrating than that and now defeating the final boss of Sam's DLC without taking damage it's proving to be the most frustrating trophy of them all for me, tried for the past 3 hours with little improvement.

I heard the final boss of Sam's DLC is significantly harder than the final boss of the base game. I'm excited to try it out. 

In the end I managed to defeat him with no damage after 8-9 hours of attempts, embarassing... it's almost as a scripted QTE fight where you have no margin of error and no input onscreen.

2 Days and had a dream about those monsters too (the gorillas)....

Those gorillas... They kicked my ass so hard on this VR mission, but also that one ranked battle in the campaign where you're forced to take down a shit ton of enemies using only sub weapons. And then you gotta fight a grad at the end. That caused me nightmares. 

This fucking part: 

oN1khgu.png

Edited by PipeSwinger

Well I spent about two hours last night on it (got to the grad within the first half hour of trying but messed up on the stun sai  :shakefist: ) then I have spent about an hour and a half on it this morning and finally beat it :D 

Not very long. In fact, my completion time was just over five minutes on my other account.

I have a quick question. How are BP points calculated in boss fights? Just now I beat Samuel on HM without taking damage but no S rank (which isn't really required yet at this moment in time). I got an A rank because my BP points are 100 and the max is 1000. Anyone know?

Just did it on this account on my third attempt. My completion time was poor, though. I played it safe with the final wave.