How many of you are interested in seeing a guide for newcomers/console gamers?

Hailst0rm_2

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a PSNP PC gaming guide?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • NO

As someone who was primarily a console gamer I had always wanted to try PC gaming for the mods, peripherals and other crazy things I've seen but I never knew enough about it to build my own PC. The amount of options was overwhelming and I had no idea exactly what I needed specs wise for gaming in general.

Because of that PC became a largely ignored platform for me, but eventually (though I wish I did things a bit differently) I was able to get my hands on a desktop suitable for gaming and I've learned a lot since then. I thought one day of helping others who might be in the same situation or were just interested in learning more about it.

In the guide I'd plan to go over the basics of PC gaming, pros and cons, price ranges, specs I'd recommend for modern games, overclocking, desktops vs laptops vs steamboxes, OS choices, living room, desk and in-home streaming setups and some extra things to enhance your experience like apps I've found essential, peripherals and other cool accessories.

From my experience there's really no easy place to go that explains all this to you so I thought something like that would be pretty cool to do. 

Now I'm just interested, how many of you would want to see something like this? (If not for yourself then for other members who may want to try it in the future)

Edited by Hailst0rm_2

Sounds like a good idea. I'm an exclusively console gamer (even though I have a gaming PC), but if I were to have a guide explaining PC gaming in a simple matter, I might give my machine some more use.

Just wondering, what kind of things would you find most helpful to explain?

As someone who was primarily a console gamer I had always wanted to try PC gaming for the mods, peripherals and other crazy things I've seen but I never knew enough about it to build my own PC. The amount of options was overwhelming and I had no idea exactly what I needed specs wise for gaming in general.

And you think I believe you that?

Everytime when Im using "PC" in ANY context you are talking like you would be a PC-oracle, that you know everything and OF COURSE "PC is the best thing ever and omg nVidia shield is waaay better than stupid console crap ♥♥♥"

Someone like you I would never believe that you have no idea how to build a PC.. I mean... thats like playing with LEGO with a manual. Socket 1150 CPU only fits in a 1150 socket. DDR3 memory only fits in DDR3 memorycontrollers...

xD

Edited by Neputyunu

And you think I believe you that?

Everytime when Im using "PC" in ANY context you are talking like you would be a PC-oracle, that you know everything and OF COURSE "PC is the best thing ever and omg nVidia shield is waaay better than stupid console crap ♥♥♥"

Someone like you I would never believe that you have no idea how to build a PC.. I mean... thats like playing with LEGO with a manual. Socket 1150 CPU only fits in a 1150 socket. DDR3 memory only fits in DDR3 memorycontrollers...

xD

I've never said anything like that. ._.

I try to judge things as objectively as possible, the Nvidia shield has superior streaming but I wouldn't recommend it over an actual handheld if remote play is not your purpose lol the game library is pretty bad.

In the past I didn't know how to build a PC (over a year ago), now I do so I want to help others who want to learn how.

xD

Right, because building PCs really are as simple as connecting some lego bricks together. What happens if you stand on it

Do you sometimes create a desktop tower with lego bricks, then get confused and think it's a real PC?

Edited by Aela
  • Like 1

I've never said anything like that. ._.

I try to judge things as objectively as possible, the Nvidia shield has superior streaming but I wouldn't recommend it over an actual handheld if remote play is not your purpose lol the game library is pretty bad.

In the past I didn't know how to build a PC (over a year ago), now I do so I want to help others who want to learn how.

Im sorry buddy *hug* I dont want to offense you. It was more like a "Yeah... sure...  :awesome: "-response :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Right, because building PCs really are as simple as connecting some lego bricks together. What happens if you stand on it

Do you sometimes create a desktop tower with lego bricks, then get confused and think it's a real PC?

It's only as simple as that if you pick all the right parts.  I have seen people buy parts for PC for the half of it not being compatible because they just didn't know there was a difference in RAM etc they could get.