Ok, real talk. How many of you actually completed this game without using any cheats or exploits?

Grample_Gust

This thought came to my mind as I was in the middle of my 36 hour grind for Pure BladeStone.

So how many of you actually completed this games platinum without using things such as the Item dupe or the  "other players" technique?

Genuinely curious. Even I, being the purist that I am. Was finally driven mad by this games absolutely horrendous upgrade stone drop rates and RNG. It broke me. It broke me harder then I've ever been broke by any game ever. Before I even had a second thought, I mercilessly slaughtered all of my favorite NPCs for pure black character tendency, used the morion blade/clever rats ring combo, used the quit game glitch every time I died so that I wouldn't have to restart the level, aquired the Beast demons soul, duped it. Leveled to 500 with it. And speedran the game using the dupe glitch on every single stone and boss soul that I had aquired. Keep in mind this was after roughly 60 hours of gametime, which was mostly spent grinding. I felt like it was justified. To say the least.  

I expect a TON of "Yeah I used the dupe glitch lol" comments. And I don't blame anyone for using it after what I had gone through. And to all of the people who did everything legit. You the real MVP.

Well, if by completing you mean the story only, not the platinum, I did beat it without using duping and whatever, but I started duping everything on the second playthrough for Yuria (last spell) and blue dragon + king since I didn't kill those in my previous playthrough. I did dupe stones, but did not dupe souls to powerlevel, which I believe to be your concern on this thread. I finished NG+ at 130ish SL.

• Like 1

This thought came to my mind as I was in the middle of my 36 hour grind for Pure BladeStone.

So how many of you actually completed this games platinum without using things such as the Item dupe or the  "other players" technique?

Genuinely curious. Even I, being the purist that I am. Was finally driven mad by this games absolutely horrendous upgrade stone drop rates and RNG. It broke me. It broke me harder then I've ever been broke by any game ever. Before I even had a second thought, I mercilessly slaughtered all of my favorite NPCs for pure black character tendency, used the morion blade/clever rats ring combo, used the quit game glitch every time I died so that I wouldn't have to restart the level, aquired the Beast demons soul, duped it. Leveled to 500 with it. And speedran the game using the dupe glitch on every single stone and boss soul that I had aquired. Keep in mind this was after roughly 60 hours of gametime, which was mostly spent grinding. I felt like it was justified. To say the least.  

I expect a TON of "Yeah I used the dupe glitch lol" comments. And I don't blame anyone for using it after what I had gone through. And to all of the people who did everything legit. You the real MVP.

If you want the truth, you better get the lie detector out. 

• Like 4

I did it on my first plat (US version), on my EU version I duped for some chunks (the red ones from the slimes, if I'm not wrong), other then that, I didn't duped, but used some of the cheap tricks on a lot of bosses.. My setup: Left Hand: a good Shield + Composite Long Bow (don't remember upgrade path), Right Hand: Spear (best spear, I had 2-3 different upgrade paths) or Swords (fire element) or Katana (Blood).. In both servers I used a SL120-125 DEX built.

In both cases I got the Pure Blasestone myself, and actually I was very lucky because I only needed to grind for 3 hours to get 2 Pure Bladestones in each version.. 

• Like 1

I beat like the first 3 bosses back when the game started getting noticed. I didn't like my character and didn't feel like starting over, so I just stopped playing :P

Never bothered with Dark Souls but I love Bloodborne though.

Story mode but no Platinum?

yeah I did that, no duplicating whatsoever, in fact, I didn't even know about the duplication stuff, until I beat the game for the first time. except that I used the XMB trick from prevent me from restarting the whole area again once get killed, plus I had to play the game offline so no stupid trolls came invading my game and ruin my progress.

last time I was playing on NG+ reach somewhere in the game and never touch it again since this date 7/4/2014.

Edited by yellowwindow7

I beat the game without using dupes. I haven't platinum it yet, but I did grind for the stones after I beat the game. I had to put it away since it was just boring (the grind, not the game). So when I go back to platinum it, I'll probably resort to duping, or at least ask someone to lend me the missing items.

I enjoyed the game a lot, but I'm not the kind of guy who'll grind for hours and hours for a trophy, especially when there is an easier way.

Well, if by completing you mean the story only, not the platinum, I did beat it without using duping and whatever, but I started duping everything on the second playthrough for Yuria (last spell) and blue dragon + king since I didn't kill those in my previous playthrough. I did dupe stones, but did not dupe souls to powerlevel, which I believe to be your concern on this thread. I finished NG+ at 130ish SL.

Well... I'm guessing you didn't read my first comment. Like the second sentence specifically. Where I specifically mention the platinum. Yeah.

Edited by shananiganyo

• 2 weeks later...

I beat the game on 2 separate characters without duping or glitching, when it came down to "all spells, all miracles, and all unique weapons" i duped boss souls in second playthrough. I used the "other players" for pure bladestone, cause after a straight week of killing and not getting it i broke down and went to the forums. i am currently SL 210. i backed up my character at SL 76 before duping souls to level up only because the guy giving me pure bladestone is SL 230 and i needed to get into his soul range.

TBH i agree, if you went through the 3+ playthroughs to get all the boss souls legitimately you've impressed me for sure.

100% quite easy without glitching, duping or even trading, since I was doing a "perfect" run to maximize earnings in pure black/white worlds on a single cycle (from weapons to rings and spells), and had to be offline almost every single time. 

Yeah, pure bladestone is a pain in the rear, running from old hero's archstone all the way back to the BP skeleton at the cave entrance, kill the guy, collect the loot, return to Nexus, and rinse and repeat till I got the god forsaken stone. Was a good game though.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I did a first run of the game, and when I reached the last boss, a little bit before it I started duping, duping like there was no tomorrow. I played this game after platting Dark Souls and DSII in my old account and I have to say man, the dupe glitch killed the game for me. I felt bad, and bored, so I didn't even finish the game.

After watching the gameplay trailer of DSIII yesterday night and how much it reminded me of Demon's Souls i totally feel like giving it a try without the dupe.

I know it's gonna be hard balls to get the bladestone, but... well, you gotta try, amiright?

• 4 months later...

My Saint trophy glitched on me and gave me the Sage one as well; so the game glitched on me still looking for Pure moonlight stone thinking I have to make it to old monk to get it which I am dreading because of maneaters. 

To answer question I did for stones to get a good weapon and the trophies associated with them + tried to get to level so friend could pass me weapons.

• 3 weeks later...

Like many others, I didn't even know of the dupe glitch for my 1st 2 runs, this is when the game was brand new and I bought the disc. Since it came out free with PSN+ I started playing again and this time as Z1MZUM, Again I played through offline without knowing about the dupe. It took a long time to finish this but it was worth every moment and I'm happy I did. The Demons Souls servers came back online and than I found out about the Dupe glitch, it was a god send tbh since I'd started looking for the trophies. I only platinumed this game 2 days ago, so that's 2 years + of playing on and off since June 2013.

I did.

At the time i sidnt know about item duping.

I would have got the friend ring off my friend - but we were never anle to connect together for some reason.

Technically i did cheat a little - if you count deliberately going offline to affect world tendancy, but i cant see how you would do it otherwise.