No Man's Sky

AnRoDr

My friends and I are so hyped about this game. Some of them are Xbox 360 users, but will be getting a PS4 in time for the release of this game

I cannot wait for this. I just hope it actually does live up to the hype, otherwise I will cry

I wonder what the trophies will be like in terms of difficulty, here's to hoping there's not a trophy for discovering thousands of planets

Edited by Aela
  • Like 3

I think the reason there is so little hype is because we have so little actual information about it.  We still don't really know what the gameplay will be like.  That 3 minute presentation at E3 caused more harm than good, because it didn't explain anything, and just brought up more questions.  You cannot show off a game that is meant to be this big in such a short period of time. 

I am very much looking forward to learning more about this game, but I will hold off on my excitement until I know what we will actually do, and what it will be like.

• Like 1

"So little hype?" They're hyping this game up to insane levels man what rock have you been hiding under? Personally i'm interested to see it when it's finished but it might be a massive disappointment. Most promotional material so far has focused on how massive the universe is and how the player can essentially do anything, but a game where you can do anything is a game that focuses on nothing to quote Yahtzee. Also i fear it may be too ambitious for its own good, just look at Spore.

• Like 2

The game is being hyped more than any pther unrealeasd game i have ever seen.

I dont really know why - since the developers have not explained what it is or why anyone would want to play it.

I personally dont see the appeal of a game so vast thatnoone will ever see all of it - and i cant imagine that a developer going from an awesome but very limited in scope game like Joe Danger will succeed in making a game this huge

• Like 2

I can relate to the remarks given, but compare this title to say ..... Destiny? 

Should the developers manage to realize want they promise it will be a game with practically endless gameplay and true value for money. Compare that to the little original gameplay (not saying it is a bad game) of Destiny and that last one had so much hype around it that I could not leave my house without bumping into a sign or stumbling across an article about it in mainstream media. For NMS I have to browse the internet to find something and even here on the forum there's little talk about it.

I do hope that it doesn't become a second Spore, that was a bit of a disappointment 

I can relate to the remarks given, but compare this title to say ..... Destiny? 

Should the developers manage to realize want they promise it will be a game with practically endless gameplay and true value for money. Compare that to the little original gameplay (not saying it is a bad game) of Destiny and that last one had so much hype around it that I could not leave my house without bumping into a sign or stumbling across an article about it in mainstream media. For NMS I have to browse the internet to find something and even here on the forum there's little talk about it.

I do hope that it doesn't become a second Spore, that was a bit of a disappointment

Tetris has infinite gameplay. Minesweeper and chess and all sports games and all fighting games and track and field and Little Big Planet and Hitman contrats and virtually any game with a level editor has 'infinite gameplay', as does any multiplayer game, any MMO and any sim game.

No Mans Sky may have 'infinite gameplay' but unless they can tell us what you will actually be doing i dont see how that is a draw?

Infinite boredom would still be boredom....

• Like 3

Tetris has infinite gameplay. Minesweeper and chess and all sports games and all fighting games and track and field and Little Big Planet and Hitman contrats and virtually any game with a level editor has 'infinite gameplay', as does any multiplayer game, any MMO and any sim game.

No Mans Sky may have 'infinite gameplay' but unless they can tell us what you will actually be doing i dont see how that is a draw?

Infinite boredom would still be boredom....

The objective of the game is to reach the centre of the universe, although the devs haven't said what happens or what is there when you reach it.

The game is being hyped more than any pther unrealeasd game i have ever seen.

I dont really know why - since the developers have not explained what it is or why anyone would want to play it.

I personally dont see the appeal of a game so vast thatnoone will ever see all of it - and i cant imagine that a developer going from an awesome but very limited in scope game like Joe Danger will succeed in making a game this huge

Just like the real universe

Edited by DanimalXIII
  • Like 1

I guess no one could say there is little hype... The game is getting massive coverage because it is one of the most promising indies in years and a flagship for PS4 since its announcement.

Massive coverage? 

Aside from E3 there's hardly any info or media around it?

I wasn't really interested in the game at the time it was revealed, but after watching it at E3 i can safely say that i am impressed. However, that is all i am...impressed. They haven't shown much else than just going from planet to planet, gathering resources then going to another planet and vice versa. I really hope they explain how the game is going to work and what we'll be able to do besides all the stuff i just mentioned above.

• Like 1

Looks like EVE Online with less social interaction so far. And that your ships can't get as big as the ones in EVE Online. 

What I think it plays like, based on what I've seen so far:

1. Land on planet; 

2. Explore for resources;

3. Mine/collect resources if present;

4. Go to checkpoint to upload information to network if present on planet;

5. Fend off hostiles, if present;

6. When done with planet, go to ship and fly away.

7. Explore for new planet. Possible space battle or other hazards - if you're too close to the centre of the galaxy for your ship's level/abilities, you'll have to go further out and do some more resource gathering and upgrade some more.

8. Repeat 1-7 until you reach the centre of the galaxy.

Is that about right, based on what they've said so far? Obviously there needs to be some kind of space for upgrading your ship or trading resources for new hardware, so steps to do with those will have to fit in the gameplay loop somewhere. 

I'm definitely interested though. To be on the front-lines of humanity's exploration of the galaxy... dream come true. 

I'll probably buy this on day 1 because I want to be the first to discover a planet and rename it :3

There's something like 18 quintillion (264 to be precise) possible planets in the game (it's built with 64 bit code). Apparently if a new planet was discovered every second, it'd still take the community 5 billion years to find them all. So I don't think you'll need to be a day 1 purchaser....

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 1

This game looks so awesome. Piloting ships? Discovering planets? Shooting on foot? Sold!

Little hype? Everybody's Gone To The Rapture has little hype compared to this imo.

• Like 1

Personally I would buy this for the exploring aspect alone! If there's combat or survival aspects in it then that would be a bonus, but just the idea of being able to "Boldly go where no gamer has gone before" is sooooooo appealing!! 

A spaceship designer would be the icing on the cake  :wub:

• Like 3

Massive coverage? 

Aside from E3 there's hardly any info or media around it?

I follow just Gamesradar, Ign and sometimes Gamespot, and I am well aware of every feature, every new update, did you know that when you die you get inspirational quotes, one of them from Jaden Smith's Twitter? I read that on IGN, if that is not exposure I don't know what is... Granted it may not have gotten a spot on the Superbowl's half time show, but you must consider it is an indie and for one, it is sure getting the attention it deserves.

• Like 2