Sonic Adventure 2 on PSN/XBLA to be announced at E3

Lady Lilith

Why... why? WHY?!

Why can't they just announce Shenmue HD and get it done already. Are they really so afraid of my money?

I'm right there with you. I've actually been replaying Shenmue for the past few weeks on my Dreamcast. Such an amazing game and an HD re-release of I and II could easily fund the final part of the trilogy.

you misspelled sonic in the title :(

was that game ever released before? or was it a trailer for a game that got cancelled and is just being worked on again?

Sonic Adventure 2 was released for the Dreamcast, just like the first Sonic Adventure. Personally I liked the original more than number 2 but it's still a great game and I'll more than likely add it to my collection when it releases. After I finish playing the original on my PS3 of course... :huh:

Parker

I haven't played either Shenmue game, so I guess an HD collection or something would be great, cause I've heard horror stories about getting Shenmue 1 to work today, mainly the discs not working. As for Shenmue 2, it was only released on Xbox here, and I refuse to go near an Xbox, unless I decide I want Panzer Dragoon Orta and Jet Set Radio Future or something (or if there are any other post Dreamcast Sega games that were exclusive to Xbox). Don't care about Halo, and I have Fable on Steam.

you misspelled sonic in the title :(

:( Crap. That was completely unintentional.

• Like 1

I haven't played either Shenmue game, so I guess an HD collection or something would be great, cause I've heard horror stories about getting Shenmue 1 to work today, mainly the discs not working. As for Shenmue 2, it was only released on Xbox here, and I refuse to go near an Xbox, unless I decide I want Panzer Dragoon Orta and Jet Set Radio Future or something (or if there are any other post Dreamcast Sega games that were exclusive to Xbox). Don't care about Halo, and I have Fable on Steam.

:( Crap. That was completely unintentional.

message eburkulosis/AF/sly about it and they will fix it for you :P

Sadly, I think the additional Gamecube content (Battle) will be locked as DLC if they do the same thing they did for Sonic Adventure 1.

And at least we'll get the real Dreamcast version this time, since I don't think there was a PC version of SA2. Even if we get the GCN version, it won't be overly terrible, I guess. I didn't find nearly as many glitches on that as I did with SA1 on PSN.

This is great news to hear, I loved the Adventure series so I'm very excited for this. Going to be buying this as soon as it comes out :D

Something has sprung into my mind right now, remember when they re-released Sonic 1 & 2 on PSN/XBL, then later created Sonic the hedgehog 4 Episode 1 (They released the classics to promote StH4:1 as a sequel to the classic), then they remade Sonic CD for PSN/XBL, then later created Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II (They released Sonic CD to promote StH4:2 as both are revolved around metal sonic). Maybe they are re-releasing the adventure games because they are planning on making an Adventure 3 sometimes soon. This may not be probable, but i thought it was worth mentioning and I would love to see Tails playable again in another 3D Sonic game.

• Like 1

This is great news to hear, I loved the Adventure series so I'm very excited for this. Going to be buying this as soon as it comes out :D

Something has sprung into my mind right now, remember when they re-released Sonic 1 & 2 on PSN/XBL, then later created Sonic the hedgehog 4 Episode 1 (They released the classics to promote StH4:1 as a sequel to the classic), then they remade Sonic CD for PSN/XBL, then later created Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II (They released Sonic CD to promote StH4:2 as both are revolved around metal sonic). Maybe they are re-releasing the adventure games because they are planning on making an Adventure 3 sometimes soon. This may not be probable, but i thought it was worth mentioning and I would love to see Tails playable again in another 3D Sonic game.

That would be so awesome, especially if they make Robotnik actually threatening, like that one cutscene in SA2 where he outsmarted Tails. That was sweet.

Also, I wouldn't mind more Gerald Robotnik/ARK stuff.

Edited by gamerm1337