Ultra rare plat challenge: Shana vs Wdjat doods

UR plat challenge   

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who will complete their list 1st doods?

So this topic really sparked my interest and I will be following it throughout.  I decided to do some research to see who picked the harder/longer games and here are my findings :D  Where I could I took the difficulty rating and average completion time from ps3 trophies.  If a game said 60+ hours I used 60 as both these players are bad-ass.  Where it said 40-60 I chose 50, just because some of them have a huge range. 

Both players are playing two of the same games.  These happen to be the longest and shortest 2 games.

Mugen Souls - 450ish hours at a 9/10

Blazblue Chronophantasma -15+ hours at 4/10

KS:

Sword Art - 8.5 difficulty and ~100 hrs

Sonic Unleashed -  9.2 and ~35 hrs

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 9.3 and ~115

Dynasty Warriors Gundum 2 - 7 and ~120

Her average difficulty is 8.5 and guesstimated time for her 4 games = 370 for a total of 835 hours.

WDJAT

Catherine - 9 and ~52.5

Yakuza 4 - 5.5 and ~80

Mamorukun Curse - 9.5 and ~30

Valhalla Knights 3 - 4 and ~135 (Not a ton of info on this game yet)

His average diff is a 7 and time is 297.5 hrs for 762.5 hours.

Again this is all vague and random, I just found it interesting and wanted to share it.  There are extreme variances in some of the times mentioned due to RNG which could play a huge factor in the actual time one or both of them has to play a few of these games. 

Best of luck to both competitors, I'd love to do something like this but I would never attempt something like Mugen Souls.  I've said it before, give me a monstrous difficulty wall to smash my head against and I'll get through eventually, but I can't stand doing the same thing over and over for countless hours.

• Like 2

So this topic really sparked my interest and I will be following it throughout.  I decided to do some research to see who picked the harder/longer games and here are my findings :D  Where I could I took the difficulty rating and average completion time from ps3 trophies.  If a game said 60+ hours I used 60 as both these players are bad-ass.  Where it said 40-60 I chose 50, just because some of them have a huge range. 

Both players are playing two of the same games.  These happen to be the longest and shortest 2 games.

Mugen Souls - 450ish hours at a 9/10

Blazblue Chronophantasma -15+ hours at 4/10

KS:

Sword Art - 8.5 difficulty and ~100 hrs

Sonic Unleashed -  9.2 and ~35 hrs

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 9.3 and ~115

Dynasty Warriors Gundum 2 - 7 and ~120

Her average difficulty is 8.5 and guesstimated time for her 4 games = 370 for a total of 835 hours.

WDJAT

Catherine - 9 and ~52.5

Yakuza 4 - 5.5 and ~80

Mamorukun Curse - 9.5 and ~30

Valhalla Knights 3 - 4 and ~135 (Not a ton of info on this game yet)

His average diff is a 7 and time is 297.5 hrs for 762.5 hours.

Again this is all vague and random, I just found it interesting and wanted to share it.  There are extreme variances in some of the times mentioned due to RNG which could play a huge factor in the actual time one or both of them has to play a few of these games. 

Best of luck to both competitors, I'd love to do something like this but I would never attempt something like Mugen Souls.  I've said it before, give me a monstrous difficulty wall to smash my head against and I'll get through eventually, but I can't stand doing the same thing over and over for countless hours.

Well I'm out of likes for today but this is some interesting data dood. You are definitely right about Valhalla Knights 3, not a lot of info. I consider that the wildcard on my list since I really don't know what is in store for me with that plat.

I went to check, & it's true. Here, I brought you back a souvenir:

TAdO6la.jpg

*sigh* first I make that P-Virus image & now this? This is becoming a bad habit. :P

No this is a good habit and it will come in handy when I need a lot of prinny memorabilia to be made dood xD

Well thought I would post my progress each Saturday or so, so here it is:

• SAO: Hollow Fragment - 2/54
  • Sonic Unleashed - 16/51
  • Mugen Souls - 12/51
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 21/51
  • BlazBlue: CHRONOPHANTASMA (PSV) - 25/57
  • Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 - 6/31

So far I think I have got most of the easier and quicker stuff out of the way from my list.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 can be tough, just really need a good partner for the team missions. I earned that platinum a few years ago and I believe you can. Will be great to see you join the Sigma 2 platinum club soon.

Alright I've added all my challenge games to my profile so be afraid Shana, be very afraid dood MWAHAHAHA!!! Honestly though I'm wondering how to plan this out as I've never had a 6 game rotation before, generally 3 is my max doods

Do 3, then another 3? ... :P

Alright I've added all my challenge games to my profile so be afraid Shana, be very afraid dood MWAHAHAHA!!! Honestly though I'm wondering how to plan this out as I've never had a 6 game rotation before, generally 3 is my max doods

I'd either suggest using a 3 game rotation(Mugen Souls taking up one slot the entire time) or playing to a certain target in one game before switching. So Mugen souls, beat a couple chapters of Catherine, Mugen Souls, do some Yakuza, MS, all of Blazblue, MS... I think you get it. You'll still probably have another 100 hrs of MS after finishing the other 5 games in this manner. Edited by Hemiak

I'd either suggest using a 3 game rotation(Mugen Souls taking up one slot the entire time) or playing to a certain target in one game before switching. So Mugen souls, beat a couple chapters of Catherine, Mugen Souls, do some Yakuza, MS, all of Blazblue, MS... I think you get it. You'll still probably have another 100 hrs of ME after finishing the other 5 games in this manner.

Yes, I like this plan dood

God I hate Makoto's trophy on the PSV already entering parry stance alone is very awkward... just have Makoto, Nu and Tsubaki left for character specific trophies ignoring the Relius and Amane AH trophies. Then the only walls will be the 500 trials and Takemikazuchi which are both going to be harder than they should be on the PSV...

So currently on 43/57 for BlazBlue.

EDIT:

So currently on 46/57 for BlazBlue.

Edited by Kochiya Shana

Oh, how is that game so far in your opinion?

As for me trying to figure out an easy combo with Nu is troublesome since the rapid cancel just doesn't come out half the time instead it activates the effect of an attack making it come from a different direction... I hate the PSV controls compared to PS3 or PS4 for fighting games.

I should really put some time and effort into SAO: HF as it is behind all the other games in trophies too.

Yep... the only 3 I still need to do on the PSV as well as the Amane and Relius astral trophies which I might get before the current fixture ends for an added 2 points.

The PSV really has a weakness with fighting games makes me wonder how everybody manages the combo stuff with that stick since it is very unreliable?

Highlander mode was an especially fun time due to the controls in regards to performing them and also countering Takemikazuchi's drones those things were a nightmare with some characters but I will say you should on PS3 have the easiest time with Hakumen, Azrael, Jin, Makoto and Ragna as well as Tager if you can get the timing for sledgehammer down for it's insane invincibility in that mode you'll also rely on it for mobility.

Even though it is still a couple hours until it is Saturday in my time zone I'm going to go ahead and post my update from the past week doods since I don't expect it to change in the next couple hours:

Mugen Souls: 8/51 

Valhalla Knights 3- 6/27

Blazblue CHRONOPHANTASMA (PS3)- 8/57

Catherine- 1/50

Yakuza 4- 1/49

Mamorukun Curse- 4/66

As you can see, it has been a slow week for me doods T_T

• Like 1

Let me see my progress so far I don't think it is much since I kind of got sidetracked partway but think I made decent progress:

BlazBlue: CHRONOPHANTASMA - 47/57

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 - 9/31

Sonic Unleashed - 16/51

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 21/51

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment - 2/54

Mugen Souls - 12/51

I am really finding CHRONOPHANTASMA harder than it should be thanks to the PSV controls as well as the random infinite loading glitch but other than those haven't encountered anything to really slow me down or make me hate any of the games yet although I am dreading certain hotdog missions in Sonic and the mission mode in Ninja Gaiden at current.

Just wanted to give a heads up: there's a new Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 guide and 3 more gameplay guides are work in progress. The first gameplay guide is almost ready to be published. Those might help Shana a bit (emphasis on the word "might").

Yeeeeeeeah.........that guide looked like it had a lot of mistakes so you should depublish it and really thoroughly looked through it some more so take your time with it, take as long as you need maybe about a year or so? Also no rush with those gameplay guides either dood ;)

• Like 2

Yeeeeeeeah.........that guide looked like it had a lot of mistakes so you should depublish it and really thoroughly looked through it some more so take your time with it, take as long as you need maybe about a year or so? Also no rush with those gameplay guides either dood ;)

That one too? There's something weird going on. The same thing already happened with the Mugen Souls, Valhalla Knights 3, Blazblue CHRONOPHANTASMA, Catherine, Yakuza 4, Mamorukun Curse, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, Sonic Unleashed, and Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment guides. Although Sonic Unleashed and SAO:HF have been cleared.

That one too? There's something weird going on. The same thing already happened with the Mugen Souls, Valhalla Knights 3, Blazblue CHRONOPHANTASMA, Catherine, Yakuza 4, Mamorukun Curse, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, Sonic Unleashed, and Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment guides. Although Sonic Unleashed and SAO:HF have been cleared.

Hmmm.....I feel like those 1st 6 you mentioned should be your top priority, everything else........eh just forget about those dood