Are you put off playing games if they don't have a platinum trophy?

imakillerwomble

Are you put off playing games if they don't have a platinum trophy?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are you put off playing games if they don't have a platinum trophy?

Yes, I tend to play games majorly because of the platinum. I didn't bother with Gunslinger last month because of the lack of it and I would not be boosting Far Cry 2 at this very moment if I could not care.

That being said, I don't skip games with only 100% if they are considered masterpieces or can quickly be done before I get bored of them. (Murasaki Baby and Monsterbag, per example).

Edited by TheYuriG

I usually don't play games that don't have trophies just because my backlog is so long anyway and I've never felt like a trophy-less game was more interesting than another game on my backlog that has trophies. However, when it comes to trophy games, I don't mind non-platinum games. I generally try to balance myself between platinum and non-platinum games.

Nope. The vast majority of my video game collection is "trophyless" and I still enjoy those games just as much as I did when they first came out. Trophies are a fun little extra, they certainly don't make or break a game for me. 

Parker

The only game I've ever decided to not play based purely off its lack of a platinum is Resident Evil 4. I played that game to absolute death back in 2005 and for a few years after that, so the only real reason I would shell out money for the HD version would be for the challenge of obtaining a platinum. 

However, the 12 trophies that came with the HD version are uninspired and not worth going through getting all the collectibles again, as I still have my perfect savefile on my PS2. Bar Resident Evil 4, I honestly don't care if a game doesn't have a platinum.  

I don't particularly care if a game doesn't have trophies/achievments whatsoever. I care about the game, and whether or not I find the game to be enjoyable. Trophies are a tiny little extra to give myself a little bit more replayability outside of that provided by the game. I don't wish to sound rude, but I do find it rather silly that someone would refuse to play a game, or even make it less a priority, just because if either A. doesn't have trophies/achievements whatsoever, or B. doesn't have a platinum trophy.

The game is, and I feel should always be, what matters the most. Why earn the trophies in a game if you don't enjoy it, or they're easy to obtain? It doesn't make much sense to me, especially the latter. In that case, trophies would be something you seem to value quite a lot, so why go after those that are considered fairly easy instead of those that are more difficult? Would the more difficult ones not be more "prestigious", and more valueable?

Edited by Candi B
  • Like 3

No, a platinum or even trophies in general do not determine if I buy a particular game or not. Granted I rather get a game that has trophies but if I find one game to look very promising but has no trophy support at all, I will probably buy it anyway.