Thoughts on trophies

Xionx

This year we have seen few exclusives on ps4 (TO1886-Bloodborne) and now we have a ton of remastered on the way (sure there is Until Dawn, but it actually seems not really what I expected) . I'll wait later in the year to get new games on ps4, now it's time to complete some unfinished games.

Does anyone thing 2 and 1 will get ported too? 

i dont know : /  remaster of remasters? i really dont think this will happens . same as Devil may cry .... they remasterd 4 (ps3 game)  and DMC (ps3 game)  without 1-3 ....  it is sad because i think it would sell so much better with previous games. but GOW 3 is one of the best (in my opinion it is the best) GOW titel.

I belive there was a glitch in God of War III that made you have all weapons in max level in the beginning game of the game. But you needed to previously completed to do this glitch.

Someone correct me if Im wrong about this :P

Yeah, that, and then there were the available glitches/shortcuts that allowed you to skip parts of the game (like the Tartarus parts) due to already having said weapons.

• Like 2

Yeah, that, and then there were the available glitches/shortcuts that allowed you to skip parts of the game (like the Tartarus parts) due to already having said weapons.

I remember that the game freeze if you use the cestus (when you shouldn't even have that weapon)  to destroy the chain of balance...

GoW was not that hard that you need any "glitch" to beat it ^^ only fight i can remember that was hard , was hades and zeus

And Hades fight became very easy with the max-out nemean cestus :) so, with that glitch, the only one difficult part is Zeus ;) 

Am I the only one who has ever been bothered with the thumbnail image (The "God of War" logo) that has never been vertically centered like the first two games and is also slightly crooked? It's such a crappy thumbnail image, it's funny how they just copied and pasted over the same thumbnail image from the PS3 version xD

Thanks BlingoMango.. I never noticed that until you said that and now it's really going to bug me

• Like 2

I was looking through the lists for both the remaster and the original game, and has anyone else noticed that the Hades trophy has been renamed from 'Hooker' to 'Depths Below'?

I remember something about a controversial trophy name in Ascension but that was patched out, so was there a similar issue with this one that was never altered in the PS3 version?

I was looking through the lists for both the remaster and the original game, and has anyone else noticed that the Hades trophy has been renamed from 'Hooker' to 'Depths Below'?

I remember something about a controversial trophy name in Ascension but that was patched out, so was there a similar issue with this one that was never altered in the PS3 version?

yes i pointed that out on the very first post  :) but its ok ^^ .

A game with topless Women and brutal gameplay , but they censore trophy names :) .  that kind of censore is acceptable

• Like 1

In Ascension you smashed a ''womens'' face in with your foot, and the trophy Bros Before Hoes popped. A lot of people took this very offensive and Santa Monica got so much shit for it. So they patched it out.

I guess that they didn't want a similar thing happening again as there is more then just Hooker that's changed.

A game with topless Women and brutal gameplay , but they censore trophy names :) .  that kind of censore is acceptable

Yes, but imagine if they censored the woman and gameplay. The reason they changed the trophy names was because they got so much shit for it in Ascension, bad PR for the studio.

However the gore and brutal gameplay is God of War in all its fashion, and remember when South Park got censored, it got sooo much shit for it. Santa Monica can't do the same.

People expect a lot of gore from it, and really it isn't really offensive at all. However even if I think its fucking silly, people take the trophy names seriously and offensive resulting in a lot of comments on them instead of the game. They just don't want the same thing happening as the most speaked thing about Ascension when it released was that damn trophy.

Ha, sorry, I did a search for "Hades" to see if anyone had brought it up but didn't think to search for the trophy name, lol.

I guess MarsipanRumpan is probably right: after the controversy with the Ascension trophy, they probably wanted to play it safe, in case this got more attention than it did on the initial PS3 release.

• Like 1