Square Enix announce Dragon Quest Builders!

ZeroXOF

Microsoft: It's called "Lawsuit" and it's coming exclusively to Square Enix!

Square Enix: *Dun Goofed Face* 

I would love to see Microsoft somehow convince itself it has the right to sue anyone making Minecraft-inspired games, considering that Minecraft itself is derived from an earlier game titled Infiniminer developed by a completely different person. Not that hypocrisy would be new territory for Microsoft or anything.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

I would love to see Microsoft somehow convince itself it has the right to sue anyone making Minecraft-inspired games, considering that Minecraft itself is derived from an earlier game titled Infiniminer developed by a completely different person. Not that hypocrisy would be new territory for Microsoft or anything.

Depends, I looked into the history of Minecraft, apparently it has a lot of influences from other games. I doubt MS cares because this will fade into obscurity quickly if it has no difference to MC. Thanks for the brief history lesson, it's quite interesting to know Minecraft wasn't the first building blocks game. 

Edited by 3DS Master Race

Microsoft: So you can't make games for the X1 but you can make this copy of Minecraft!

Square Enix: No.... it's inspired from Minecraft.

Microsoft: I'm also inspired too. Guess what? I have a exclusive for you! 

Square Enix: Oh yeah, what's it called?

Microsoft: It's called "Lawsuit" and it's coming exclusively to Square Enix!

Square Enix: *Dun Goofed Face* 

If that's the case, then Minecraft should have gotten sued by Tetris, although who own Tetris is a mess all in itself. After all, blocks are blocks!

I think the theme works well and is distinct enough to differentiate itself from Minecraft. Plus, it makes sense when you look back at how the first Dragon Quest (Dragon Warrior for those in my parts) looks with it's block-y 8-bit graphics. I still have my NES cartridge, I should dig it up and see if it still has my saves. 

• Like 2

If that's the case, then Minecraft should have gotten sued by Tetris, although who own Tetris is a mess all in itself. After all, blocks are blocks!

I think the theme works well and is distinct enough to differentiate itself from Minecraft. Plus, it makes sense when you look back at how the first Dragon Quest (Dragon Warrior for those in my parts) looks with it's block-y 8-bit graphics. I still have my NES cartridge, I should dig it up and see if it still has my saves. 

Lol at that Tetris comparison, I do agree to some degree. 

I think the game looks like 3D heroes with a bigger budget. I hope more news comes sooner.