do they stop trophies?

hey I just wanted to know, I got the uk one of Isaac and I want to know does the seeds stop me from getting trophies?

if anyone knows mind telling me for I need to know this for I keep hearing you can but am not sure

Edited by KANERKB

The answer for your question depends on another question.

Do you have the latest patch installed?

If you do, using seeds = no progress saved = no secrets and trophies.

If you don't have the patch installed and you use the seeds exploit, you can earn trophies and save progress just fine.

• Like 1

well I got the newist patch but I got to ask how do I get rid of patchs off the ps4? for am not sure on how

You can't, you need to delete the whole game and lose all your current progress to play the game unpatched and with seeds.

Playing unpatched denies you from using the cloud save exploit, so it isn't so good as patched. Only thing seeds are worth using for ultra rare items like Raw Liver, Skeleton Key and Black Lotus, everything else you should find without too much problem while playing normally.

Two threads you should pay attention to:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/26907-item-unobtainable-in-vita-version-100/

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/22334-so-now-you-can-use-seeds-and-unlock-trophies

• Like 1

You should be able to pause the download of the update file. As for how to permanently keep the game from getting updates, the only way i can think of is to disconnect your PS4 from the internet.

ok now I need to know, is there a list of seeds I can use to get the rare items? I need to know if you know a list of seeds that make it pop up

I've linked you before to my post and on that there should be a link to the wikia with all items. Most items have a seed attached to them that you can use, for all other ones you should use the bindingofseeds.com .

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I just wasted almost all of my bank account buying this game off of the PS Store and played it a bit on other accounts for funsies because I have been watching TearofGrace and his hilarious dark humor runs of this game but I've read that seeded runs disable trophies and I think that the version on the PS Store is fully patched so you can't buy the older version. This is a bit confusing so let me give a couple of scenarios and decide whether I want to play this game on my actual account:

Scenario 1:

1. I start the game completely fresh.
  2. I put in a seed to get the best items off the bat.
  3. I defeat Mom and unlock the Womb.

Do I get The Womb trophy?

Scenario:

1. Same as before but I get seven red hearts during my run and unlock Magdelene. Do I get that trophy?

If the answer is no to both accounts, then that is not a big deal. It just won't be played on my actual account because chances are I will rage-quit this after getting killed a zillion times and take the rest of my life to get this platinum. (Especially if I manage to unlock The Lost, which is never happening.) But I do like this game and want to try out the seeds to break the game.

• 4 years later...
On 9/27/2017 at 1:15 PM, MysticjMax said:

(Especially if I manage to unlock The Lost, which is never happening.)

Yeah, if I did decide to go for this platinum, I'd not install Afterbirth or Afterbirth+ and just do one-shot runs to unlock the Lost so I could play as him and then add the expansions because the Rebirth method was far easier than the new method, which requires a ton of RNG. (Also for some reason one of my saves got reverted and I lost the Negative unlock for some reason and was sent back to three Mom's Heart kills. :()