What is this game?

demonoid321

Take the role of ARID, the artificial intelligence within a high-tech combat suit. The Fall is a unique combination of adventure-game puzzle solving and side-scroller action, all set within a dark and atmospheric story. Get ready for a disturbing journey as you explore the world of The Fall.

Reminds me of "The Swapper" without, well you know, swapping. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not out in all the region stores though. Still haven't seen it in the Finnish store and it was supposed to release a week ago.

Oh wow, really? I'm not too sure. I'm not very knowledgeable on how the other stores update. I know the NA store updates around 2AM/2PM on Tuesday. If I learn anything, I'll send the information your way!

It seems to be out in Australia...I played The Swapper and rather not play it again :D

Side-scroller wise it is pretty alike in terms of curser movement. However, you interact a LOT more in this game using the R1 button for multiple reasons. You even have a small inventory with multiple items throughout the game. It's a bit more than The Swapper. You get more speech too and I really do like the voice acting in this game.

• Like 1

I will have to check it out then :D

I just finished the game, episode, and thought it was pretty sweet. I really do love the voice and the small animations are really nice. Especially the last. The beginning to the game actually made me jump a little. This game has a few scare tactics to it. Really nice ride, can't wait for the next episodes. 

I just finished the game, episode, and thought it was pretty sweet. I really do love the voice and the small animations are really nice. Especially the last. The beginning to the game actually made me jump a little. This game has a few scare tactics to it. Really nice ride, can't wait for the next episodes. 

I picked this up the other day, haven't played it yet, good to know you enjoyed it, but next episodes?  It's episodic?  Or do you just mean dlc or a sequel?  

Edited by RedMustang72

I picked this up the other day, haven't played it yet, good to know you enjoyed it, but next episodes?  It's episodic?  Or do you just mean dlc or a sequel?  

It's originally a kickstarter project so you can get some full information on their project page about it. It ends with "To be continued...." So I'm assuming it's an episodic game. 

It's originally a kickstarter project so you can get some full information on their project page about it. It ends with "To be continued...." So I'm assuming it's an episodic game. 

Looking at what they've said in their blog post about the game, the game would appear to be the complete version on release. "To be continued" therefore probably either means future DLC or a sequel.

Looking at what they've said in their blog post about the game, the game would appear to be the complete version on release. "To be continued" therefore probably either means future DLC or a sequel.

I really hope there's a sequal. DLC sounds nice but I want something they work on to have a bit more time than average DLC. Then again, some continue their story via DLC. We'll see.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...