effdeegee's Wall of Games

effdeegee

I'm still looking to get a platinum in Battlefield Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, and Crysis 3. Let me know when you start those up, and we can knock out some trophies together. Great list though! You've got some fantastic games to play ahead of you, sir. 

• Like 1

It's mostly due to the fact that; since I took 3 years off of gaming (Fall/09-Sum/12), I had fallen pretty far behind in trophies and missed a lot of titles, so I decided to systematically play as many games, as efficiently as possible, as I could.

I played as many Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks games that I could find first. I started to become addicted to fun games after that so, I decided to give PS Move games a shot. I found that they're still fun, but took a little bit longer to complete so, I decided to forget the whole timing plan and just play anything that I thought would be fun and just skip getting a PS4. ermahgerd inorite?

So, after I hit my goal of 100 :platinum: in 2 years, I then changed my whole outlook on gaming. I don't care about trophies, completion percentages, completion times, servers closing, midnight releases, having the newest games, PS4, whatever. I just play what is fun and make life more about the friendships and gaming community as a whole, rather than my individual accomplishments. Honestly, it's super liberating.

Also, it should work out very well too. By the time I finish playing the 350-400 PS3 games I figure I'd like to play, the PS4 and its games should be super mega wicked cheap by then. All of the patches will be worked out, all of the guides will be published and all of the YouTube videos will be up. I'll just slip right in and already have a sweet little list to work with right away.

:)

Edited by effdeegee

• 2 weeks later...

After returning home from surgery this morning, I walked over to the video game store and found that they had a copy of Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $15.

Now, I already owned Fallout New Vegas, but wasn't sure how much the DLC was, so I checked online and found out the DLC was $43! :o Screw that noise!

So, I looked for games I could take off of my shelf that I could get $15 for and found three pretty good candidates.

1. Fallout New Vegas - obviously a good choice because I was going to get the better copy anyway and there's still some E3 hype for Fallout around here.

2. Fallout 3 - because I plan on doing the same upgrade for the GOTY edition so, might as well get rid of it now, plus the same E3 hype.

3. Bioshock - because I have a copy of Bioshock Infinite that has a bonus copy of Bioshock on it; no sense in having two copies of the same game.

So, the list is slightly altered and I still need Fallout 3 but, considering I saved a lot of money on the DLC, I'm still happy. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Effy Playstation Battle Royale I vote. If it's Vita I still need to do that and on PS3 I can go in and try to catch you online in a ranked match for a trophy or two. If I can't catch you in a match then you'll still be able to do the requirements no problem

Edited by AbyssRex

• 2 weeks later...

Had a pretty nice trip to the games store. I returned home with 11 more games in the bag. :ninja:

- Call of Duty Ghosts

- Castlevania Lords of Shadow

- Dark Void

- Dead of Alive 5

- Def Jam Rapstar (sealed)

- F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin

- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

- Gran Turismo 5

- Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days

- Split Second

Not a bad haul, if you ask me. Also, servers; I know. :P

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 2

Had a pretty nice trip to the games store. I returned home with 10 more games in the bag. :ninja:

- Call of Duty Ghosts

- Dark Void

- Gran Turismo 5

- Split Second

Yeah you got FFX that is awesome i really love that game 

• Like 1

Had a pretty nice trip to the games store. I returned home with 10 more games in the bag. :ninja:

- Call of Duty Ghosts

- Dark Void

- Gran Turismo 5

- Split Second

Well at least you know the servers are closed, ahead of time ^^. I enjoyed Dark Void myself, it was alright, but nothing amazing. Fun to just pop it in and play for a few hours. I would strongly urge avoiding playing Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days as I personally found it to be an awful game, the first game, Dead Men is a far superior title. If you're going for the plat in Split/Second, prepare for quite a struggle, my personal advice is to get 2 or more boosting partners for the online. I played FFX and X-2 way back on PS2 years ago and I tried them on my brother's Vita. While i think it's a bit of a weaker Final Fantasy game, it's not a bad game. It's certainly a hundred times better than that awful Final Fantasy XIII >_<. Best of luck beating the FFX games.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, played it on my older profile, it's a fun game. Just one I wish I had sat down and played more. I'll probably take a crack at the game later this year or 2016.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought another 8 games. The total number of unopened games now sits at 146.

I really think I have a shopping or hoarding problem now. I think I should quit buying so much and re-examine my life.

loljk can you imagine? :lol:

• Like 1

Just bought another 8 games. The total number of unopened games now sits at 146.

I really think I have a shopping or hoarding problem now. I think I should quit buying so much and re-examine my life.

loljk can you imagine? :lol:

What games did you buy?

Edited by Cassiopria