Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cmxlink

Thoughts on extra jobs?

4 posts in this topic

Just wondering what ppl think of the 3 new "extra jobs" from Heavensward. For me, Astrologian has grabbed my interest the most. The cards took some figuring out, but I think I've got the hang of it now. Most in my FC in Malboro don't like Machinist, gripes are it's too low DPS as you lvl higher, and dungeons take longer to DPS down. Just started with Dark Knight, so far so good. Anywho, what do ppl think?

Haven't played any of them yet.  My FC that I'm in trial with currently seem to be overloaded with DRK so much that applications for DRK is closed. lol  Out of all the new job classes, I see DRK being the only one I level up (if any reason for playing the others, it just be leveling up reasons because boredom), since MCH has placements with the mechs, which isn't something you can do quickly on PS while still outputting 800-1000+ DPS.  As far as I know they have fixed the MCH DPS issues.

Keep in mind, all the new jobs will be iffy for the first few months until they are figured out.

You play what you enjoy playing. Who cares if they are lower dps atm. You want highest dps you go SMN.

Eventually more people will play Drk less when they realize WAR is the top Tank/DPS job atm. A good WAR can do just as much dmg as a dps job, int that sad!!? of course people could play Drk cause they enjoy Drk.

edit: that video... the dude is attacking a Lvl 50 dummy? and super geared, he is 12000+HP out of party. he is what? at least ilvl 181+ to 190.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

You play what you enjoy playing. Who cares if they are lower dps atm. You want highest dps you go SMN.

Eventually more people will play Drk less when they realize WAR is the top Tank/DPS job atm. A good WAR can do just as much dmg as a dps job, int that sad!!? of course people could play Drk cause they enjoy Drk.

edit: that video... the dude is attacking a Lvl 50 dummy? and super geared, he is 12000+HP out of party. he is what? at least ilvl 181+ to 190.

You always take about 100 or so off the DPS compared to the training dummy as what you would do in battle, depending on how the battle allows you to do positions etc (if it's like T13 where you are probably restricted to one of the sides and some of your moves work better from rear, then yes that's a DPS loss that you can't really help), I do 1100 DPS on the training dummy (Lv. 1/50, they both the same), in battle I do about 800-1000+ (highest at burst) and I am DRG.  It's kind of important if you are a raider to be able to do highest DPS, not everyone in the team can be SMN and honestly SMN and BLM still do around the same DPS as each other, there isn't really much difference.

DRK is the better MT class than WAR, so it depends what they are into, I intend to learn how to play DRK, I just have to level Gladiator to 22.. I hate that class, but it's pretty much a requirement to have Provoke as a cross-skill.

Also, a lot of those video parses use Food/Drac Potions, so they aren't even that high DPS when you consider that.. my parses are usually done without food/potions since I don't always need it for raiding.

Edited by DEMON