Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Syphon_Filter

My opinion on God Of War 3 remastered!

57 posts in this topic

This is another platinum trophy for those who already have it on PS3, and a new one for those who don't. What's there not to like? It's all about the trophies lads.

I still believe 2 and 1 is coming if this is successful. I went to check out the frame rate of the PS3 version and it wasn't as steady as I thought it would be, now that the PS4 version is here, I'll finally be able to play the definitive version. 

Edited by 3DS Master Race

Exactly devil may cry 4 special edition have way more extras and it only cost $25 so why can't GOW cost that much instead of $40

Edited by Condemned09

Exactly devil may cry 4 special edition have way more extras and it only cost $25 so why can't GOD cost that much instead of $40

Because a traditionally expensive hobby like video gaming doesn't (and probably shouldn't) revolve around those who think $15 is a deal breaker.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

GOW3 is really a good game, I did plated the game already (ps3). but to be honest, I don't really feel like buying it on the ps4... when I ever had one, it's still the same game after all so I'm not gonna miss anything.

probably... might buy it when I get a ps4 and found a used copy soo cheap, since I actually don't own a copy of GOW3, the one I played was borrowed from a friend and return it to him a lone time ago.

these ps3 exclusive is not meant to be remastered for us long playstation users, I bet it was intentionally aimed for the new commer to the playstation community. those who never owned a ps3 before and was on xbox, but on current gen they shifted from xbox into playstation, it's sound greedy from sony to sell this for $40 I agree. but you can always vote with your wallet, it's your call.

I agree with the Xbox-PS4 idea. That is why I said Last of Us and Uncharted Trilogy made complete sense to rerelease on PS4. Now GOW3 is a direct continuation of GOW2 so anyone new to the series is going to be wondering why Kratos is climbing up a mountain ready to kill all the Gods and why he is so pissed at all of them. If they had released all 3 (or even better all 6) God of Wars then I wouldn't say anything bad about this because it would be a way to get people into the series. But the way they did it now is just dumb.

That is definitely the thing that bothers me about this remaster. I think thered be even more of a backlash if sony remade the same game(s) twice though. Hopefully GoW 4 is a reboot and people dont have to play the initial trilogy and this is more for the uber fans. 

It would be more like you have a favourite ice cream place but whenever you go in they are only serving chocolate and vanilla. You ask the store owner "when are you going to get some new and exciting flavours" and he responds "it is cheaper and easier for us to keep serving Chocolate and vanilla, so you will have to keep waiting for some new flavour to come."

I guess I'm missing the "this is a disgusting ice cream culture that is tainting the ice cream industry" part of this example.

In what scenario is my response to the store owner anything other than, "Oh ok, thanks for the information sir."  And you know, moving on with my life?

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

I guess I'm missing the "this is a disgusting ice cream culture that is tainting the ice cream industry" part of this example.

In what scenario is my response to the store owner anything other than, "Oh ok, thanks for the information sir."  And you know, moving on with my life?

Well clearly any store that doesn't have Peanut Butter/Banana/Chocolate flavoured Ice cream is ruining the ice cream industry...I don't know what I am talking about anymore, but now I want some Sub Zero Ice Cream...thanks a lot :D

I've said it before, but these exclusive remastered are the only ones that should be made. My only question, why not remaster the whole trilogy? This is for people who came from PC, 360, or WiiU to PS4, right? Wouldn't they want to experience the whole story of GOW, and not just the ending? Especially with GOW4 apparently in the works. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, Kingdom Hearts 2.5, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 were all $40. Each one of those included multiple games in the collection. I'd be fine with them charging $40 for this, if it was the GOW trilogy. But $40 for one, old, game? That's pretty dumb.

I completely agree with you on that i wait until there a price drop or sale to get this game

I see two problems with this Remaster, the first one is that it only contains one game, I remember something about a Legacy bundle for PS3 and it had one disc with all 5 GoW games excluding Ascension, sadly I never found it at any store, and the other one is the price, making games is expensive, upgrading the Graphics no so much, in fact its pretty common to give graphic updated versions of a game if you already have the old version on PC, or at least a 50% discount like with Metro, in Consoles its another story but it's not the end of the world, I'll just wait for a price drop, I'm willing to pay 30-35 € in order to play the entire franchise, seem like I'll have to bring my Buddhist patience with this saga.

No one is forcing you or anyone to buy it..

I know, I was just stating my opinion. Now, why anyone even cared about my opinion is beyond me. I didn't expect anyone to even acknowledge me.

I don't know what kind of pre order bonuses come with the physical release of GOW remaster but the digital pre order bonuses include ps now stream of GOW 1 and 2. Thats only good if you have a good internet connection.

Never played GOW so I'm interested in this. Probably will wait a while until the price falls first. 

About GOW 1&2: Have Sony released any PS1 or PS2 games for the PS4? I can't think of any. You can't even play any of the Classics from the store on PS4 so clearly there must be some sort of issue there.

Remasters are nothing but a good thing in my opinion. I can't think of any possible negatives. It gives people the opportunity to play games that they may have missed or been unable to play from previous generations thats been upgraded so it doesn't feel outdated. Also, a lot of remasters are outsourced to other studios so making them wouldn't hinder the development of any new games and also gives jobs to people who otherwise might not have had work to do. Plus if the original studio remakes the game it gives them practice creating a game for a system that they might not have produced for yet. Uncharted 4 will definitely be better off since Naughty Dog had time to learn about the PS4 with TLOU and the ND Collection

my opinion is I'm sick of buying and playing the same game. It's lazy and exploiting people who have already played it. This game DIDN'T need to be remade considering it's been released, what, 3 times in five years counting this one?

lol, God of War 3 was originaly released in 2010 (5 years ago), and this is the first and only remaster ever made for GoW3

lol, God of War 3 was originaly released in 2010 (5 years ago), and this is the first and only remaster ever made for GoW3

Yeah, I said released, not remastered. The original release, the trilogy collection, and this.

Yeah, I said released, not remastered. The original release, the trilogy collection, and this.

I don't really think that's too crazy for a flagship game/franchise on the platform.

My thoughts on remasters is, if they are remasters of PS1 or PS2 games, and they were games that I enjoyed then yes, I would buy them again. Such as an Ape Escape Collection or Digimon World Collection. Instead we just get abunch of PS3 remasters instead, but easy fix is I don't buy them. Does it effect me really? Technically no, but I would like the time and money put into "remasters" to be put towards actual old gen games from the PS1, PS2 eras. Not last gen. Also I can't believe there are people who actually care about a Prototype 1&2 Remaster...and a Darksiders 2...ugh...

I'm looking forward to play it, as soon as it gets in a sale. 

Can this remaster mean they are working in a new God of War for the PS4?

I agree with the Xbox-PS4 idea. That is why I said Last of Us and Uncharted Trilogy made complete sense to rerelease on PS4. Now GOW3 is a direct continuation of GOW2 so anyone new to the series is going to be wondering why Kratos is climbing up a mountain ready to kill all the Gods and why he is so pissed at all of them. If they had released all 3 (or even better all 6) God of Wars then I wouldn't say anything bad about this because it would be a way to get people into the series. But the way they did it now is just dumb.

yeah!

I bet now is the time for CD projekt red to bring the witcher 1 and 2 as a remastered or ported to ps4 for the playstation community to enjoy them too, they could've done this already on the ps3 a long time ago but for some reason they choose the 360 to have the witcher 2 and ditched the ps3.

SORRY FOR THE MESSED UP REPLY..

I was using my phone when tried to reply and you know how messed up the phone can be at using some of the interface.

Edited by yellowwindow7

I can buy 8 god of war for that kinda money

Is it 8 times better than the ps3 version?

Yes it is better more than 8 times.

Nice to read the positive review you have given. I am ready to experience all over again myself. I tried watching some streams of it last night and could tell some differences but not a lot. I guess that could be because I don't know what seetings the people use for their streams.

Thank you. Stream isn't clear to much as you mentioned their settings and Internet connection effect the image.

Yes it is better more than 8 times.

Thank you. Stream isn't clear to much as you mentioned their settings and Internet connection effect the image.

How did you manage to get the game early

Me personally, this doesn't bother me at all. Why? Because its totally a choice as to buy it or not. Not knocking this remaster, but if I wanted to play God of War 3, or any of the God of Wars, I'll break out the Collection + Ascension on the PS3. But this goes to show that the devs need some kind of stop gap to fill a need before the next big PS4 game is released. Truth be told, I'm hoping for a new Tenchu (or a HD collection), and a new Onimusha (plus a HD collection). So bottom line: If you want to play it again (or never played it ever), then that's fine, if not, don't bother with it. Simple.