My opinion on God Of War 3 remastered!

my opinion is I'm sick of buying and playing the same game. It's lazy and exploiting people who have already played it. This game DIDN'T need to be remade considering it's been released, what, 3 times in five years counting this one?

Then don't buy it. This remaster is for the true fans and for people who didn't play it the first time around. Some people who own the PS4, didn't own the PS3. It's as simple as that.

People seems to forget that a lot of 360 players bought a PS4 , a lot of PS4 owners now didn't own a PS3 so It's a good thing they'll get to experience Sony's exclusive on the PS4 such as God of War , Beyond : Two Souls , Uncharted  , The Last of Us and probably more. And it if you're not happy about that just don't buy remastered.

Remastered are only worth getting if you really really really loved the game on PS3 or didn't play it at all.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Truth be told, I'm hoping for a new Tenchu (or a HD collection), and a new Onimusha (plus a HD collection). So bottom line: If you want to play it again (or never played it ever), then that's fine, if not, don't bother with it. Simple.

Man, I really miss that series.  I'd kill to get an Onimusha HD collection.  PS3 or PS4, doesn't matter.  Just release it already!

Edited by milanbarca82
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe that they will remaster either God of War & II or the PSP games for PS4. I am currently playing those on PS3 and to release them on PS4, it would take a really major graphical upgrade and honestly, it would be wise to create a new game instead. The PS3 remasters are like their originals, just with some small graphical enhancements, nothing major.

• 3 weeks later...

Got God of War III Remastered on sale on Amazon (Canada only) for $25. Definitely a sweet deal, considering I've been a huge GoW fan since the original game on the PS2. Played through every game multiple times and have all the platinums, it'll be nice to get this one as well.

Don't really care if it's much better than the PS3 version to be honest. That game even today still looks good. Just being able to play through it all over again, and get fresh trophies is more than enough for me to enjoy the journey again.

Me personally, this doesn't bother me at all. Why? Because its totally a choice as to buy it or not. Not knocking this remaster, but if I wanted to play God of War 3, or any of the God of Wars, I'll break out the Collection + Ascension on the PS3. But this goes to show that the devs need some kind of stop gap to fill a need before the next big PS4 game is released. Truth be told, I'm hoping for a new Tenchu (or a HD collection), and a new Onimusha (plus a HD collection). So bottom line: If you want to play it again (or never played it ever), then that's fine, if not, don't bother with it. Simple.

God of War IV (or whatever the next entry is called) hasn't even been formally announced. It's a foregone conclusion that it is in development, but anything beyond that is speculation on all of our behalfs. So it would still be another 2-3 years for a new GoW to come out. And you think GoWIII Remastered is a stop gap? Haha. They're going to need more than that. Perhaps God of War 1/2/Ascension will get a collection next for PS4. And I'd be down with that as long as they really polish up GoW 1 and 2 in particular.

People were complaining about the remasters on the PS3 as well and I enjoyed almost all of them. I was one of those weirdos who'd never played a Jak and Daxter, Ratchet or Sly game when they were out first. But I also got the GOWs and MGS ones too. I'm on a GOW binge because I got the HD Collection on my Vita now as well. That said I hope they don't bring the whole collection to PS4, I just finished the Challenge of the Gods on GOW 1 and it was freakin horrible! Never again on that one!