Trick for getting Blueprints

grbolivar

You get Blueprints based on the current area level. There's a limit for each level and the game will stop giving Blueprints until you reach the next level (either by using runes or by going to a more difficult area like The Underground). I don't exactly know what Blueprints are given on what level, but this small trick works for getting the ones you might need to complete the collection, specially later tier ones like Dark Armor.

1. Collect as many Blueprints as you can normally find during your game and do not worry about getting them all until you reach NG+2 (that is, beating the game twice, this is needed for a trophy).
  2. In NG+2 enemies are tough, equip Level Down enchantment (Grace Runes) on all your equipment and explore the areas until you find a silver chest, you can usually find them by the boss doors. DO NOT open the chest, just die.
  3. Lock the castle with the Architect and now equip Level Up (Curse Runes) enchantment on all your equipment.
  4. Teleport to the silver chest and open it, you should get any of the Blueprints you are lacking, even Dark equipment.
Edited by grbolivar
  • Like 1

Going into NG+2 is asking to be raped.

nah. I actually went to ng+++. There, the bosses in the first part of the castle drop any rune, and with 5 grace runes, the enemies are soft. Also, I didn't see anything like what the TC describes. i got 10 different runes this way, just looking for bosses in the earliest parts of the castle.

Going into NG+2 is asking to be raped. 

Step #2.

What I did was trying to find a compass, which gives you guaranteed 2 blueprints. Got the last 6 blueprints through that. Have to be lucky to get it at a shrine tho, but was farming in NG+ anyway abit.

You need to be lucky and/or try a lot to find the Compass. I got my 6 remaining Blueprints in just a few minutes using the method I described.

Edited by grbolivar

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I got all blueprints minus 6 from minibosses, compass and the clown minigame. The last ones only appear on NG+.

I have 6 left, 3 darks, 1 sage, 1 retribution and 1 holy. I have all the grace runes on and killing the mini bosses gave me a retribution item. But if I kill them with the opposite runes I get nothing 

Im on Ng++ and I need 8 more blueprints but no matter what I kill ( mini bosses ) or if I do your method I don't get any blueprints

I got most of the last blueprints I needed by using Calypso's Compass. I'm pretty sure you're guaranteed at least one blueprint, or there's a very high chance of getting one at least. When searching for a shrine to get a compass, fight every miniboss you come across. You may get lucky with those too, although the area the boss is in may be linked to what blueprint you get.

• 3 months later...
On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 0:22 PM, grbolivar said:

You get Blueprints based on the current area level. There's a limit for each level and the game will stop giving Blueprints until you reach the next level (either by using runes or by going to a more difficult area like The Underground). I don't exactly know what Blueprints are given on what level, but this small trick works for getting the ones you might need to complete the collection, specially later tier ones like Dark Armor.

1. Collect as many Blueprints as you can normally find during your game and do not worry about getting them all until you reach NG+2 (that is, beating the game twice, this is needed for a trophy).
  2. In NG+2 enemies are tough, equip Level Down enchantment (Grace Runes) on all your equipment and explore the areas until you find a silver chest, you can usually find them by the boss doors. DO NOT open the chest, just die.
  3. Lock the castle with the Architect and now equip Level Up (Curse Runes) enchantment on all your equipment.
  4. Teleport to the silver chest and open it, you should get any of the Blueprints you are lacking, even Dark equipment.

I'll see your tip and raise you 1 (poker). 

Grabbed this tip from gamefaqs and combined it with yours.   When you beat a mini boss,  open the chest and close the game.   When you reload the game it will respawn the chest but have saved the rune you got.   Go back to the chest,  open,  close the game,  repeat.   I got 9 blueprints in about 12 min this way. 

Once it stops giving blueprints,  die,  equip curse runes,  lock the castle,  go to the chest,  close the game etc.   I got another 4 runes in about 10 min.   Total 13 runes in roughly 25 min. 

I'm doing this on Vita.   I assume it works on ps4. 

Oh and the 1st part can gets lots of money for the 15 deaths trophy.  Edit : turns out it doesn't save money if you close the game.   I got 6 blueprints with my level 0 life but could only get money once. 

Edited by big_bob002
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 17/12/2016 at 2:31 AM, big_bob002 said:

I'll see your tip and raise you 1 (poker). 

Grabbed this tip from gamefaqs and combined it with yours.   When you beat a mini boss,  open the chest and close the game.   When you reload the game it will respawn the chest but have saved the rune you got.   Go back to the chest,  open,  close the game,  repeat.   I got 9 blueprints in about 12 min this way. 

Once it stops giving blueprints,  die,  equip curse runes,  lock the castle,  go to the chest,  close the game etc.   I got another 4 runes in about 10 min.   Total 13 runes in roughly 25 min. 

I'm doing this on Vita.   I assume it works on ps4. 

Oh and the 1st part can gets lots of money for the 15 deaths trophy.  Edit : turns out it doesn't save money if you close the game.   I got 6 blueprints with my level 0 life but could only get money once. 

Does this still work? 

• 10 months later...
On 04/09/2022 at 9:46 AM, zemiguelreis said:

Just tried and it doesn't seem to be working for me. I opened the chest, went to main menu, joined again and the chest was already open. 

Still working for me - you need to close the game from the system menu rather than just return to the main menu.