Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PleaseHoldOn

Three playthroughs, two allies per playthrough...

6 posts in this topic

Trying to map out the best order to use allies and maximize effectiveness, and still have fun with the game, since thats probably the ideal route to get the six ally trophies done in three playthroughs.

The guide says to save Liara and Ashley or Tali for the last playthrough.

And I'm trying to knock out the romance subplot in the first playthrough since I intend to get the majority of the misc trophies on this one (will return to Mass Effect for the other playthroughs after completing the trilogy's campaigns to get the most out of the story and avoid getting burnt out on any one particular game), and I don't do the alien thing... so I guess that means I should have Ashley on my squad for the first playthrough.  Or do I not need her on my squad for the romancing?

Either way, does this order seem conducive to a platinum in three playthroughs?

1st: Ashley, Kaiden

2nd: Wrex, Garrus

3rd: Liara, Tali

Thoughts?

Apologies for any errors in names or logic, still new to the series.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm playing a Soldier.  If that matters at all.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Don't do Ashley and Kaiden together because SPOILER ALERT. You have to choose which one leaves your party later in the game.

I remember playing on 360 and I don't remember what the class names were in the first game but I think I was a Sentinel, or whatever one let me have lift throw and pull biotic powers. first play through I used Wrex and Garrus my two favorites. next I did Ashley and tail, romancing Ashley, and last play through which was my insanity play through I did Kaiden and Liara while romancing Liara. U can honestly be whatever class u like, but I wanted to be one that let me use biotics.

I went Liara/Tali, Ashley/Kaiden and lastly Wrex/Garrus (as suggested on playstationtrophies.org)

Liara and Tali first coz they're the hardest - you get them last from memory, and Liara requires the most missions. Wrex and Garrus last coz they have great fire power between them, and I was doing it on the hardest difficulty.

Ashley and Kaiden are very easy to do, as you get them first of everyone and they require the least amount of missions I believe (don't quote me on that second part). They're very easy to do together, though you will have to switch one out at one point indefinitely (so be sure you know where that point is so you can have the trophy prior) - but you aren't required to hold onto any character after you've achieved their trophy anyway, so once the trophy is done you can swap to whatever you need.

Despite my intentions of using high fire power for the final run, after I'd gotten the trophies I switched my team up to Ashley and Liara as they are both pure class, as was I as an engineer. It kept the balance well and I loved the combination.

Go with Tali and Liara on the first playthrough, they die very quickly. For Liara you must also activate some side quests on the Citadel, get the Normandy, recruit Liara, and finish the side quests with Liara in your party. She's the hardest ally trophy to get, because you can finish more than 25% of the side quests before you get her. Also completing the remaining side quests with other characters doesn't carry over to NG+.

Liara's is the hardest trophy of the six squad mates to achieve. After you complete the prologue mission on Eden Prime, do NOT do any side missions. Instead, progress the main story enough so you have access to the Normandy. Immediately leave, recruit Liara and then you can do all the side missions you skipped earlier.

In addition to this, do NOT try and get Ashley's and Kaidan's trophies at the same time. It won't happen. The only way it'll work is if you save before a specific mission, let one leave your party, continue to get the other's trophy, reload to that save and then switch.

Because I chose the Infiltrator class (50% strength/50% tech), the three groups I went with were Liara (100% biotic)/Garrus (50% strength/50% tech), Tali (100% tech)/Kaidan (50% biotic/50% tech), Ash (100% strength)/Wrex (50% strength/50% biotic).

Depending on what class you choose depends on the three groups you should take for the three playthroughs. The female squad mates are 100% in their respective fields, the male squad mates are 50% in two fields. It's always good to have at least one with tech, one with biotics and one with strength for each playthrough. If you're a soldier (100% strength), then your two squad mates should be a mix of biotics and tech. If you're a sentinel (50% biotic/50% tech), then you should have a squad mate with strength (Ash, Garrus, Wrex). Etc.

Since Aidan and Ashley are the easiest, I would let them for the last two playthrough, so you don't have to do many missions on the hardest difficulties.

If I had to do it again, I would go like this 

1st - Liara + Tali

2nd - Wrex + Garrus

3rd - Ashley + Kaidan

Ashley can learn Inmunity, which pretty much makes her the best unit on Insanity difficulty. Also, you don't need her on your party for the romance sub-plot.