Few Questions

• Will I be able to beat Aeronite and finish the Ultimate Lair on my first Playthrough on Easy?

• How to obtain the Ultimate Garb?

• Are there other things I should be concerned about after I complete all side quests?

• What should I do on the 9th day and onwards?

•  Hypothetically speaking, if I missed a side quest, are there sufficient side quests to unlock the Ultimate Lair?

1. Will I be able to beat Aeronite and finish the Ultimate Lair on my first Playthrough on Easy?
  2. How to obtain the Ultimate Garb?
  3. Are there other things I should be concerned about after I complete all side quests?
  4. What should I do on the 9th day and onwards?
  5.  Hypothetically speaking, if I missed a side quest, are there sufficient side quests to unlock the Ultimate Lair?
  1. Yes, though it's very difficult to beat Aeronite on the first playthrough
  2. Beat the boss in the Ultimate Lair and it will drop the garb
  3. Work on killing Last Ones, collect Soul Seeds, or just sleep until day 12
  4. Connect the bridges, fight Large Monsters there to collect 100 Soul Seeds and give them to Seed Collectors to get an Elixer
  5. There are 64 side quests and you can complete 63 in a single playthrough at the most (2 side quests are mutually exclusive). At least 50 of them are needed to unlock the Ultimate Lair
Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

1. Yes, though it's very difficult to beat Aeronite on the first playthrough
  2. Beat the boss in the Ultimate Lair and it will drop the garb
  3. Work on killing Last Ones, collect Soul Seeds, or just sleep until day 12
  4. Connect the bridges, fight Large Monsters there to collect 100 Soul Seeds and give them to Seed Collectors to get an Elixer
  5. There are 64 side quests and you can complete 63 in a single playthrough at the most (2 side quests are mutually exclusive). At least 50 of them are needed to unlock the Ultimate Lair

Thank you very much for your help, last question, can I sell everything I have and buy the elixir and then reload my save?

Thank you very much for your help, last question, can I sell everything I have and buy the elixir and then reload my save?

Yes, though I'm not sure if the Outerworld service is still online. It costs 300,000 gill and you can easily get that amount of money by  killing enemies (I ended with almost 750,000 gill on my first playthrough). The elixir really helps during Aeronite, so it's best to keep it.

• Like 1

It's far easier just collecting 100 soul seeds than trying to stumble on an Outerworld NPC that sells an Elixir right when you have the cash. Also if you wait till Day 7 of a second playthrough to kill Aeronite after doing a couple of the main story quests in Dead Dunes, you'll have help from an old friend during the battle.

• Like 1

Getting the soul seeds wasn't that bad. I never ran into a npc that sells the elixir anyway

It's far easier just collecting 100 soul seeds than trying to stumble on an Outerworld NPC that sells an Elixir right when you have the cash. Also if you wait till Day 7 of a second playthrough to kill Aeronite after doing a couple of the main story quests in Dead Dunes, you'll have help from an old friend during the battle.

Alright, but do they stack for the trophy or do I need to collect exactly 100 soul seeds and than hand them out, because I did hand out a few.

You need to collect 100 in a single playthrough, but it's not hard to do. Once you open up the highways between the areas, you can just run back and forth waiting for them to spawn. I used Chronostasis until they spawned, picked them up, then let time advance to the next hour (you can only pick up new ones once an hour), used Chonostasis again till they spawned, and repeat the whole process. Defeat the large enemies whenever you need TP. And you can turn them in whenever you want, you don't need to have 100 in your inventory, just to have collected 100 in total for the playthrough.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I figured it'd be better to post here instead of starting a new topic.

Does anybody know for sure whether Outerworld services are still active?

I went back to this game a couple weeks ago and am slowly working towards the Plat on ng+. I saw Outerworld vendors walking around but didn't bother to check if they were correctly working, as I only had 100k or so. For the last two nights however, I get an error message when loading up and there are no OW vendors anywhere.

Just trying to see if it's a universal issue or just me.

Thanks

Edited by Hemiak

I went back to this game a couple weeks ago and am slowly working towards the Plat on ng+. I saw Outerworld vendors walking around but didn't bother to check if they were correctly working, as I only had 100k or so. For the last two nights however, I get an error message when loading up and there are no OW vendors anywhere.

Outerworld services were shut down on the 26th of April