What is Your Favorite Trilogy Series?

Jak

(This topic slipped my mind a few weeks ago, but having been playing Crysis 3 presently, I remembered it.) Simple topic and discussion - What is your favorite trilogy available or associated with PSN?

PS2 classics and remasters are fine as long as they are available over PSN in some way. And you can list your inferior favorites as long as it's made known which series is your favorite, and elaborate on why the trilogy you chose is your favorite if you want.

My favorite is the Jak trilogy (Jak and Daxter Trilogy)

BCUS98281.jpg

(Your?)

This is actually tougher than I thought lol.

Well...it WAS the Uncharted games...but now there is a 4th game coming out.

Can't quite say the main Kingdom Hearts games yet because KHIII isn't out yet.

Within the Assassin's Creed games there is the Ezio Trilogy and the Kenway Saga. If these count as trilogies then I'm going to have to go with the Kenway Saga.

If they don't count? Congrats you got me stumped. 

• Like 1

This is tough, but I think I'll have to go with Bioshock. I would pick Mass Effect, but I've yet to play #1 (I know the story though). When I eventually buy it later in the year, and do a fresh run through the entire trilogy, I have a feeling it'll beat out Bioshock. I love Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite, but I thought 2 was only OK.

The only other trilogy that can maybe compete is Little Big Planet. But LBP3 being made by a different developer, and being somewhat of a disappointment is what keeps it from being a serious contender.

As for HD collections, I'm not going to count those. I still consider those PS2 trilogies, and that would be a different discussion for me.

A triology? hmmm...

I would get called a stupid/weird/clinging fanboy again when I would say Neps, for whatever reason, so I pick the Final Fantasy XIII Triology, even though I havnt played XIII-3 yet, but XIII-2 is awesome enough to "save" an other game. :P

The stupid/weird/clinging Final Fantasy XIII-2 fanboy has spoken!...  *rolleyes* (*Still isnt sure what exactly makes people calling someone a fanboy* But in theory everyone in this topic is "fanboying", right? :D)

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

I'd have to go with Mass Effect, I suppose. I really connected with Commander Shepard, and I enjoyed the journey so much, I completed Mass Effect 1 three different times, Mass Effect 2 twice, and I will complete Mass Effect 3 twice eventually. Love the series. I was so happy when the first game got released on playstation.

Just too bad it ended the way it did, but...eh. That's life. If it were MY ending, with MY Shepard, we would have saved the galaxy, fought back the reapers, and shepherded the universe to a new golden age of prosperity and peace.

But sure, red blue and green work too. 

God of War trilogy easily. Even though there is a fourth one coming, and three side games (four with the mobile game) God of War takes the cake for the best trilogy.

If we count every Game from GoW1 until GoWA I would say God of War is easily, no doubt the best series ever imo.

So that's that lol, there aren't really any games that can compete, but I have to throw out Spyro the Dragon trilogy as one of the best atleast. Amazing games wich I have a lot of memories with.

• Like 1

To me, Mass Effect, God of War, and of course the Batman Arkham games , are on the very peak of gaming excellence. Of course there are quite a few great trilogies, but those three will stay with me forever.

Fuck you, I was about to be the first to mention Arkham :P

Too late, brah, but you could give at least a like, instead of insulting me.

Sorry, I thought I did like it.

I'm not insulting you man, though screw you or something would have been a little bit nicer.

Good list too, bud. I really need to get around to getting at least one of the God of War plats, I sure am pathetic.

• Like 2