Prototype 1 and 2 Remastered - A Rumour Confirmed

NotAFoxAnymore

So it would appear the mystery of the Prototype trophy list on PS4 has been solved, and here is a trailer to prove it -

http://youtu.be/nsOeEifwkWo

It seems like the two games are bundled together. Is it just me that can't really tell the difference between that and the PS3 version?

This is available now on Xbone and next week on PS4.

Edited by Akira-chan
  • Like 2

It seems like the two games are bundled together. Is it just me that can't really tell the difference between that and the PS3 version?

Did you view in Google Chrome and turn the video settings to 1080p 60FPS? It looks a lot slicker and faster to me when I do so. 

Not going to get this unless I am desperate. The 1st one was fun, but too flawed to be able to recommend. Not that bothered about playing it again. Never tried the second, but I gather it has memorable and well written dialogue... 

It sounds to me like they're putting it out there to test the waters and see if they can find a market for [PROTOTYPE] 3

Apparently the PS4 version won't be available until next week.

• Like 1

i may pick this up when its cheaper just because i've never played prototype 1 

Saints Row 4 is basically the same gameplay - running around a city with super-powers - but funnier. I'd recommend that over [PROTOTYPE]. And its available now. And it actually has "new" content in the Gat out of Hell expansion.

Saints Row 4 is basically the same gameplay - running around a city with super-powers - but funnier. I'd recommend that over [PROTOTYPE]. And its available now. And it actually has "new" content in the Gat out of Hell expansion.

I have been thinking about getting saints row 4 and i probably will do before i get prototype just because i didn't play the ps3 version of it 

I have both one and two on PS3 and I haven't even touched them yet. This is partially why I picked up an Xbone a few weeks back. They don't make you buy games you already own since they announced backward compatibility.

I have both one and two on PS3 and I haven't even touched them yet. This is partially why I picked up an Xbone a few weeks back. They don't make you buy games you already own since they announced backward compatibility.

Ummm... Isn't this for the Xbox One too?

• Like 3

They don't make you buy games you already own since they announced backward compatibility.

Who's forcing you to buy games more than once? Do they have a gun? If they don't have a gun; aren't bigger than you; don't look up for a fight; or don't look particularly fast if you legged it; then I'd ignore them. 

• Like 3

I don't see Prototype on the list of games that ARE backward compatible. Yes, there is a *list*. Yes, it's small. No, it's not even fully rolled out yet. Thanks for trolling, though!!

• Like 4

Well since I only own 2 and haven't even played it due to wanting to play them in order, this is kinda nice.  I got 2 off of plus and with my backlog I have yet to get the urge to go buy 1.  I do like owning the physical copy more so by the time it comes out I will hopefully have the money and time to enjoy these games.  

Sheesh, lots of hostility on here today. I had other things on my mind at the time which are far more important than proof-reading forum posts.

I don't get why people argue the 'Xbox is better' fight on a Playstation forum, it's not like everyone, if anyone, is going to agree...

I did not claim the Xbone was better on a PlayStation forum. I said I picked one up partially due to the fact it has backwards compatibility. Yes, the list is small right now, but it will grow and I will not have to pay $40-$80 for a remastered game.

I'm gonna admit that I absolutely loved Prototype, put in a lot of hours on that game and still play occasionally because I think it's an amazing game, but c'mon, why would you think this was a good idea, it was nice when it came out but the game looks the same on ps4, it's good for those who didn't play it but seems a little too much for no real sales