Prototype 1 and 2 Remastered - A Rumour Confirmed

NotAFoxAnymore

Right now I can think of only two games that deserve title of remaster and they were never called that. 

SSX Tricky from ps2. Tricky was redo of first SSX, but they added new shortcuts, changed gameplay a bit and hired voice actors that gave soul to characters. People fucking loved it. I can't remember  single person that was bitching how it's a same game.

Second game is XCOM: Enemy Within. I would like that every remaster game is like this. They took great game and made it epic. They added new maps, units, enemies, gear. It's pretty much Enemy Unknown made perfect. And that's not easy when you take damn good game to start with. 

The only HD game I ever played was Hitman: Blood Money. I like Hitman games and this is my favorite from series, but they don't offer anything new. They could have done so much with it. New weapons, new accidents, even new fucking levels. Such a fucking shame they don't actually remaster games when they already call it that.

Sheesh, lots of hostility on here today. I had other things on my mind at the time which are far more important than proof-reading forum posts.

I did not claim the Xbone was better on a PlayStation forum. I said I picked one up partially due to the fact it has backwards compatibility. Yes, the list is small right now, but it will grow and I will not have to pay $40-$80 for a remastered game.

Couldn't you just, you know, plug in your PS3 and play them? I mean, I'd rather spend 10 minutes plugging in my Xbox 360 to play Skyrim or any other last-gen game, than to spend $349 on an Xbox One.

Besides, isn't better textures, 60fps, native 1080p, better animations, any DLC content, all part of the appeal for remastered games? From what I understand, you're still going to be playing the last-gen version of the games when using Xbox One's backwards compatibility.

Edited by xSwiftVengeancex

After the stealth release of the Prototype Biohazard Bundle for Xbox One and PS4, many were left wondering if the games were remastered, just ports, or what differences -- if any -- there were.

Activision eventually sent out some PR announcing the release of the games with some other details, but was vague about whether or not these were considered remastered instead opting to say "full HD rendering." 

Today reader TehuberOne sent us a conversation he had with Prototype's official Facebook page where he asked if the bundle was "upscaled or rendered at 1080p" to which the Prototype page responded: "This is a 1080p boost, so the game's graphics haven't been remastered. This package is meant to give players who didn't get the chance to play the originals an opportunity to experience them on current-gen consoles."

What exactly is a 1080p boost? Is that like a new energy drink?

Activision claimed the ports would have better frame rates but judging by Digital Foundry's video above, I'd say that is arguable, at least for the Xbox One version. It and last-generation versions drop to near 20 frames per second often. 

http://www.destructoid.com/prototype-ports-run-like-shit-and-aren-t-remastered-296226.phtml

I found this short but interesting article which makes it seem as if these "remasters" are just ports, which is very disappointing

Edited by SkyesUnholy
  • Like 1

There's been so many lazy remasters on PS4 lately I'm sure this is going to be another one,  the only one that put any sort of effort into updating the graphics was TLoU.

I wouldn't support these kind of games, people don't realize how easy it is just to up the resolution and framerate and leave everything else untouched.

• 7 months later...