Should I buy the season pass?

blazeadeel

I know I gotta make up my own mind but I would love some advice.

I love Batman ( my favourite superhero and I love Joker) I bought Batman AK on  release day for sure but I held off of buying season pass thinking I'll wait for GOTY edition (trade in my current disc for credits) but now I am battling my self on whether I should buy season pass now because  i have come to realize that next year (fall) when the GOTY edition will release I might not find the time to play the DLC because I will have academic commitments or I will be playing some other game and will not play the DLC of then old game and rather play a new game with what little free time I will have on my hands

On the hand 100$ for one game is a bit too much thats not to say I havent done that before. But with so many games coming outer later this fall I would like to save money and buy those MGSV Mad Max NFS Hitman FIFA etc etc

so you see I cant decide for my self  :S  :S

so any advice would be appreciated

Unless you're willing to spend $100 on one game I say hold off. If you've been having the time of your life with Arkham Knight and love it a lot I say you could I suppose. Most of the DLC is cosmetic and the story packs are short so if I were you I would save up for some of the other games you have on your list . =)

• Like 2

I went hard purchasing this game. Got the limited edition PS4, the limited edition game (with statue), and the season pass. My thought process was that I love the series, and this is the last one in the series, so I why not really make the most of it  :)

• Like 3

I went hard purchasing this game. Got the limited edition PS4, the limited edition game (with statue), and the season pass. My thought process was that I love the series, and this is the last one in the series, so I why not really make the most of it  :)

Exactly. If you love the game and the series as much as you say, you shouldn't have a problem spending money on one of your favorite games.

• Like 1

The price is too much for what will really be short story content fluffed up by cosmetic items. it isn't really value for money if literally just want to play more of the game. id give it a pass (for now)

this is what I am worried about. Whether it will be worth it in the end. I mean story DLCs sound great but "A Matter of Family" just came out and most reviews say it lasts little more than 1 hour . if we are going to get 4-5 such side stories that will amount up to 5-6 hours of gametime and afew challenges when the full game at 60$ gives around 20-25 hours.

If thats the case then I rather buy other games with that money and wait for GOTY edition or not buy DLC at all.

Costumes and skin packs are great but they almost mean nothing 

Guess I'll wait on the DLC and hopefully at the year's end season pass will go on sale, unless the next story DLC gives atleast 3 hours of good content.

Thanks guys :)

Edited by blazeadeel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The season pass is on sale this week for $29.99. I didn't buy it when the game was released because I knew a sale was coming sooner than later.

Every piece of DLC that's available right now is included in the season pass, even if most of it is just skins, and it adds up to $19.91. So at $29.99, the season pass kind of feels worth it. So far we've been given:

A Matter of Family
1989 DLC
Harley Quinn DLC
Red Hood DLC
11 skins (not including the 1989, New 52 or PS4 exclusive skins)

I'm confident that the remaining DLC will cost more than $10, so I felt OK with buying the season pass for the sale price. That full price of $39.99, though, can still suck a dick.

I did not buy season pass  because too much $ for the dlc that was short and I did not want 100 different skins or whatever amount of batman skins that they give you.   If they gave more story dlc that last longer than 1 hr and more combat challenges and predator challenges with the characters that they gave us(Red hood, Harley, Batgirl) then maybe, but for now I will not buy and I am glad that I did not buy day one.

Edited by mrm777

Food for thought...Arkham City and Arkham City goty had incompatible game saves. I saved a few dollars by buying the goty edition instead of buying the digital dlc from the store. Ended up having to a whole other playthrough in order to do Robin and Nighthawk's challenge rooms. This may not be the case when AK gets a goty, but it could.

• 1 month later...

The pass is something like €40? So far, I don't think it's worth it, luckily I got the game and pass for €20. A lot of skins, which do look great, but I'm finished with the story and after four Batman games, a little bored of challenge rooms, so I'll get little use of them. 

Some DLC is just doing all the races again (Obtaining 33 stars) but with a different Batmobile. The only one I really enjoyed was the 1989 pack, I think the two tracks are great.

Then you have 'story' DLC. Red Hood = too short. Nightwing = too short. Harley = too short. I'm talking half an hour here for these. Many people can do it quicker I'm sure. A Matter of Family was good though, the Batgirl DLC. 

The next pack we get is the 1960's Batmobile and two new tracks I assume. Yay.

If I bought the season pass full price I wouldn't be happy at all to be honest. Playing as Red Hood and Harley was cool, but it's far too short. I would recommend getting the Batgirl DLC, and check out the others when they go on sale. I am a Batman fan of course, read the comics and collect Batman related things, so it's not a case of 'I hate DLC', I got a nice deal for €20. I just think it's really lacking to be honest, especially for people paying for the game and another €40. It could be a lot better.

Waiting on a GOTY edition wouldn't be a bad move either, if you can wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a full list of all content you get with the season pass: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Batman-Arkham-Knight-General/NEWS-Full-Season-Pass-Content-Revealed/m-p/836047#U836047

Looking forward to the Batman vs Superman Batmobile and skin along with the 2008 Batman skin! Even though I have little use for skins now.

Most wanted missions will be as long as the main game missions, not too long then, on the plus side, looking forward to seeing Croc, Mr Freeze, Hatter and Ra's Al Ghul.

Catwomans Revenge and A flip of a coin (Robin DLC) will be short (annoying but expected).

The remaining two months worth of DLC should be fun.

• 4 weeks later...

You`re all talking about GOTY, but is it going to happen for sure?

I know it`s a great game and the first 2 also had GOTY editions, I just didn`t know it was a sure thing. 

It's a game from WB Games. Every past Arkham game, Shadow Of Mordor, Mk 9 & 10 and Injustice all received complete editions. I think it's safe to say Arkham Knight will get one.

It's a game from WB Games. Every past Arkham game, Shadow Of Mordor, Mk 9 & 10 and Injustice all received complete editions. I think it's safe to say Arkham Knight will get one.

I'm waiting on one too. The only way to convince publishers that we don't like games being split into little pieces - which turn of phrase seems particularly apt given the reviews of this particular season pass - is to reward their "complete" editions, and reject the launch edition. 

• 3 weeks later...

I must say I had quite a lot of fun with the Catwoman and Robin DLC, even thought it's really short and roughly three sections or so. Predator section, combat section, and finish with another combat section! It was to be expected at this stage though.

It's really nice to play as Harley, Azrael and Red Hood in the challenge rooms too.

If I've done my math correctly, the pass (now ato 40% discount) should be ~ the same price of all dlcs with trophies put together.

So, if by any chance anything else is coming, I'd say that the season pass is actually an interesting proposition.

I think I'm gonna get it and wait for the game to become a little cheaper too. That way I'll surely spend less than buying a goty edition when it comes out.

• 4 weeks later...