So what do you think

I feel a bit weird about this game at the moment, enjoying the gameplay and commentary but finding the lack of customisation options and control over career progression frustrating. The night golf challenge thing really confuses me too,.

Just really don't get who this game is pitched at, sort of half golf sim / half arcade randomness

How is everyone finding it ?

Its not the best golf game, but its really the only one so if you like golf get it I guess. Trophies are not to hard, but a long grind for the challenges though it is very annoying. Very much a lack of progression in the Tour mode, I'm basically getting all the trophies for it then there is no reason to play it at all. Lack of courses which is disappointing so it does get old after you play the same course 2-3 times. Basically just going to get plat then probably never touch the game again. 

• Like 2

Every time one of these games comes out, it seems like by the time the price is in my range, the online servers are off. Regardless I haven't enjoyed one since the original xbox days, where things were simpler and you could feel like a total pro after a while. 

As been said above there really is no reason to play this game after platinum.

There's nothing to do, can't even invite friend into a party.

I feel like they are going to add courses and the like but it might be to late by then. The first one is out on the 14th of september

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For me its not a very good title at all in terms of gameplay or graphics. Having to sit through a series of utterly bland monologues from the title character was annoying but pales into insignificance when it comes to the appalling control and third rate presentation. The commentators patter is however very good and is probably the high point of the game. That says it all really

I got a hole in one and a round of 58 on the first full round it lets you play before releasing its controls to you fully and so that 5 mins of fun has now passed. Then the shove you out of your pro body and into the more lifelike duffer hack that I am and suddenly that ability to play well has to be grinded back. The animations and facial features on the players is also shockingly bad. The zoom feature to see where you are aiming etc is so badly thought out that I can only imagine it was not in the version they gave to beta testers.

The only reason I only feel half cheated by this pile of rehashed pap is that I only paid half price in the recent PSN sale.

I reckon it will be available at a far lower price very soon too as it cannot be selling that well. I could not even get it to match me up for a ranked game.

Yes the trophies seem easy but even the lure of a plat is going to be cold comfort

Shame really as Tiger Woods 08 was one of my fave golf sims ever. Downhill ever since imho

update:

the commentary is now getting on my nerves too so the last redeeming feature of this game for me is lost too!!

Edited by Evertonian
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I think it seems a bit silly to name him after someone who was only Number 1 at the time of development, though it may be difficult to find ANYONE as iconic as Tiger Woods, I guess and you just have to go with what's available at the time. What's next? Jordan Spieth PGA Tour? Jason Day PGA Tour? To be honest I think Spieth has a lot more staying power, actually.

I think it seems a bit silly to name him after someone who was only Number 1 at the time of development, though it may be difficult to find ANYONE as iconic as Tiger Woods, I guess and you just have to go with what's available at the time. What's next? Jordan Spieth PGA Tour? Jason Day PGA Tour? To be honest I think Spieth has a lot more staying power, actually.

Why not just name it PGA Tour 20XX?

I mean, we don't call it Syndey Crosby NHL 2016. It isn't Bryce Harper MLB 2016.

Why do we need a name attached to the game?

Why not just name it PGA Tour 20XX?

I mean, we don't call it Syndey Crosby NHL 2016. It isn't Bryce Harper MLB 2016.

Why do we need a name attached to the game?

Brand recognition. 

For ages it was Tiger Woods purely because he's by far one of the most well known and best golfers ever, but ever since he dropped off I completely agree having a name there is pointless now. 

• 2 months later...

Brand recognition. 

For ages it was Tiger Woods purely because he's by far one of the most well known and best golfers ever, but ever since he dropped off I completely agree having a name there is pointless now. 

To be fair though, how many people buying Madden actually know who John Madden is or even seen him play? I totally get what you are saying though. I think they should make it PGA Tour 20XX. Could you imagine if they did something like 'Dana White's UFC'. Lol.

Edited by skateak